Buying
Discover tried-and-true techniques for better bidding and buying on eBay from fellow experienced members.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum Posts

Looking to Buy? Do Your Search Before Logging In

I've noticed a pattern on ebay. Just to be sure it wasn't my imagination, I researched it too many times. I came on ebay looking to buy a table saw. I came to the site's main front page and searched from there. I entered a search for the terms "table...

User avatar by Thrill-Seeker
  • 5 replies
  • 0 helpful

Resolved! Seller responded to my feedback calling me a scammer.

Seller misrepresented an item. Since the item was of equal value as the one I purchased, I decided to keep it, but not leave feedback. After a while, seller contacts me and wants me to leave feedback. I explained to them why I did not leave feedback,...

Resolved! Seller cancelled after I paid, stated problem with my address, then changed price to higher amount

I found an item that I was looking for with "buy it now" for a price that was a little bit cheaper than the next buy it now for the same item. The seller had 99% feedback, so I went ahead and did the buy it now and paid immediately with paypal. That ...

Resolved! "Retail Value? eBay Value"

I'm just curious why I see a lot of things on eBay that cost more than if you just bought it straight from the website itself. Is there a reason for this that I'm missing?

buyer canceling buy it now

Buyer canceled on buy it now and said her child did it.....Seems they have all positive feedback as a buyer but not sure its true. Was wondering how many times can I relist something and can i relist right away as soon as i cancel this order? Before ...

"Item no longer available" emails

Lately I have been receiving emails stating that an item I am watching is no longer available. When I log onto eBay, I find the item is still listed and available for purchase, nor has there has been any change or interruption in the item’s status. O...

need help somehow someone commited me to buy something from US and also changed my primary adress

Hello friends, I have a problem, I've just found out today that out of nowhere I've commited to buy an Iphone from us and requested to be delivered to US while I live in UK and I have a UK number for security. My primary adress have been changed too ...

Seller tries to charge more for shipping. I refuse. Now they say the item broke while packing

I won an old tube radio and paid right away. Price was 13.30, plus 15.00 for shipping. Here is my mistake. Once I won and paid for the auction. I purchased two manuals on eBay (separate transaction). for that radio model. A few days later the seller ...

User avatar by Adventurer
  • 14 replies
  • 1 helpful

Frustrating case, Ebay won't let me escalate?

I bought an item from a seller in China the beginning of November last year. The item still hasn't been delivered so I opened a case to get my money back, but the seller is stalling me (give it two more weeks, why don't I send another one instead, an...

Resolved! seller not responding!!

I bought a wallet for a measly $7, I just happen to like it. That was Saturday February 24th. It is now Tuesday night February 27th and my item still has not shipped. I have sent the message to The sellar 3 times now and have not gotten a single resp...

Resolved! What is the matter with ebay ?

I have seen it b4 . Seller cancels sale issues refund. Ebay ph rep say tough luck you cant leave FB. It does not matter that I got seller to admit to the lie about haveing the product to sell . Other buyers will never klnow the trouble it causes the ...

Seeking Advice On Item/Listing

This is asking for opinions, not naming or shaming. Honest, straight question. Looking at this listing, what would be your opinion. https://www.ebay.com/itm/Wardley-Pond-Flake-Food-With-Whole-Shrimp-BULK-48-Oz-8-X-6-Oz/112784553397?hash=item1a427bb5b...

" Best Offer" visibility to buyers

Can a buyer see the amount of best offers that a seller has had on a listing while it is still active?

User avatar by Adventurer
  • 23 replies
  • 0 helpful

Seller Cancelled Order I won .

I just won an auction for t-shirths , an seller had sixteen active history on eBay , an Seller send message to me *** We're sorry to let you know that the seller canceled your order and mentioned the reason as I'm out of stock or the item is damaged....

Can I choose to let buyers make a “Best offer”?

Why do sellers waste my time by allowing me to submit best offers and wait for their response when they have no intention of accepting an offer I made a best offer that was 4% lower than the Buy It Now price and they declined my offer about $0.36 rea...

Most Marked as Helpful Authors