cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Seller cancelled after I paid, stated problem with my address, then changed price to higher amount

I found an item that I was looking for with "buy it now" for a price that was a little bit cheaper than the next buy it now for the same item.  The seller had 99% feedback, so I went ahead and did the buy it now and paid immediately with paypal.  That was yesterday afternoon.

This afternoon, I checked my email for a shipping number, and found an email stating that they cancelled the order and refunded my money due to a problem with my address.  Right below this reason in the email was my address, which was correct.

I had purchased 2 different items at the same time from 2 different sellers, and only one had an issue with my address (which has not changed in a couple of years).  I figured I would just buy the same item from the same seller again and send a note or something about the address.

Turns out that they updated their listing and raised the price.  They raised it from $36 and change to $39 and change.  Seriously?

So I've been trying to figure out what my options are as far as complaining against the seller.  They obviously decided that the item was worth a couple bucks more, and rather than being honest, shifted the blame to me.  All I have been able to find as far as options is to leave negative feedback.  eBay isn't making that very easy, though.  I cannot locate this transaction in 'My eBay'.  I found a link online that does show the transaction (clicking on the link shows all items awaiting feedback), but this does not allow me to leave negative feedback for 7 days.  In addition, I've read of others who received bad feedback in retaliation for leaving others bad feedback.

Is there any other option to report a seller that does something like this?  Like a way to flag the transaction for review?  It's pretty obvious what they did...

Thank you.

Message 1 of 3
latest reply
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Seller cancelled after I paid, stated problem with my address, then changed price to higher amount

buyers can not receive bad feedback.Only positive feedback can be left for buyers and if the seller puts negative statement in the fb buyer can call and have it removed

This is a user to user board not eBay employees.
----------------------------------------------------------------
When people show you who they are, believe them

View Best Answer in original post

Message 2 of 3
latest reply
2 REPLIES 2

buyers can not receive bad feedback.Only positive feedback can be left for buyers and if the seller puts negative statement in the fb buyer can call and have it removed

This is a user to user board not eBay employees.
----------------------------------------------------------------
When people show you who they are, believe them
Message 2 of 3
latest reply

Thank you for letting me know, I wasn't aware of that.

I guess I should have researched a bit more. I will wait the 7 days then leave them the appropriate feedback.

Thanks again!
Message 3 of 3
latest reply