cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Seller Cancelled Order I won .

I just won an auction for t-shirths , an seller had  sixteen active history on eBay , an Seller send message to me  *** We're sorry to let you know that the seller canceled your order and mentioned the reason as I'm out of stock or the item is damaged

what can i do for this case 

Message 1 of 7
latest reply
6 REPLIES 6

@bendexter,

Your topic is likely to be pulled or heavily edited, since you cannot name and shame other members on these boards. 

Your seller has only 3 feedback for selling so far, and received a negative for their first transaction.   You could have seen this if you had looked at their feedback profile before buying from them. You should do this for every seller, and not just go by their feedback percentage.  In this case, the negative timed off after 12 months, since that is how long eBay calculates feedback percentages for.

Not that it matters but the seller may have has the shirts for sale in a shop or on another venue and could not complete the order you placed.  When they refunded you they received a defect on their account and as a new low volume seller, it could mean they might be restricted in the number of items they can list, or if they have other problems in the near fuure they may lose the ability to sell at all on eBay.

You can leave feedback for the transaction, but keep it calm and professional sounding just state the facts with no name calling. 

"THERE IS NO SUCH THING AS FOOLPROOF, BECAUSE FOOLS ARE SO DARNED INGENIOUS!" (unknown)
Message 2 of 7
latest reply

@bendexter

You can take some comfort in knowing that the seller will get a nasty little Defect on their account for "Seller Initiated Cancel".  You don't need to report them, they have self-reported.

For a small, new seller, it only takes a few defects to sink their account.

You can leave appropriate feedback such as "Seller Canceled Out of Stock. Unhappy." If you can't find the order in your purchase history ... click on your feedback number ... on the right side, there should be a link to "leave feedback".

penguins_dont_fly is a Volunteer Community Mentor
Buying and Selling since 2013

Message 3 of 7
latest reply

There really isn't anything you can do except continue shopping for what you want.  Neither you nor Ebay can force the seller to ship to you.

Seller received a serious defect, out of stock, that can really hurt or kill his account.

I know it is disappointing and annoying, but it is what it is. Sorry this happened to you.

Message 4 of 7
latest reply

A single defect can obliterate a lot of work putting together a good reputation for the seller.
Message 5 of 7
latest reply

I'm trying to get by the 3 tee shirts for $115.00 part of all this.

Message 6 of 7
latest reply

As a frequent buyer, I can appreciate your frustration.

As a frequent seller, well s**t happens.   I've discovered defects in a few items when I went to pack them and cancelled the order rather than shipping damaged goods.  (I do always contact the buyer first).

OTOH, with 3 items sold and one negative already, this seller looks like they're just a hot mess.

Message 7 of 7
latest reply