Buying
Discover tried-and-true techniques for better bidding and buying on eBay from fellow experienced members.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum Posts

Best offer

Hi everyone. First let me say I hardly ever use BO. on a dress I have listed I actually did. The dress was originally priced at 65.00. It's a Bebe 2 heavy sequined very well made dress. After a month I started to lower the price. Got it down to 45.00...

Resolved! Bought a counterfeit Item, eBay ruled in my favor, but the seller is avoiding the return

I purchased an item that turned out to be counterfeit. I e-mailed the seller, who told me that he couldn't refund me my entire purchase amount because of eBay/paypal fees. Then he wanted me to text/call him so we could "work something out." I contact...

User avatar by Adventurer
  • 17 replies
  • 2 helpful

best offers and shopping cart

Ran into a question. Say I have ten items in my shopping cart, all from the same seller. I plan to combine shipping, however I need to place several best offers before I do this. How do I go about getting everything on the same page in the end - quan...

User avatar by Thrill-Seeker
  • 2 replies
  • 0 helpful

Seller can not be contacted

Hello,I have made an offer through "Best offer" option. Seller declined it, fine. I have increased my offer, with a short message, but I have received the following error message: "The seller isn’t able to respond. Review the listing again to see if ...

Resolved! Cancelling order

I had won a bid on an item, but before I went to pay the seller contacted me telling me that they had lost the item and thought they had taken down the listing, but they can't sell it to me. Then they said they will cancel the order for me. I said ok...

User avatar by Pathfinder
  • 60 replies
  • 3 helpful

ebay is linking to the wrong tracking URL on 17track ?

Am I the only one with this issue ?the links created on the tracking numbers I upload for all the order are going to a 404 page on 17track.Many customers think there's an issue with the shipmnet and are not aware they can simply copy the tracking num...

• 4 replies
  • 0 helpful

Not sure what to do?

I recently received a letter from a collection agency saying that their client's (Ebay) previous attempts to resolve this debt have been proven unsuccessful. The amount is for $49.81. They give an account number begining with 211. But I can't find an...

BAD OR THOUGHTLESS PACKING....WHY?

Hello all. I'm venting. Nothing will come of this. I've bought on eBay for years and can't count the number of times that my purchases turned into FIX IT projects, because of bad or thoughtless packing by sellers. One seller sent me a stack of china ...

How Do I Stop the "An Item got away!"

I have been overloaded with emails from eBay. On my saved searches, I am notified every single day of the same items. If I was not interested in them the first time, what makes eBay think I will be interested in them the next day, or the day after th...

User avatar by Trailblazer
  • 12 replies
  • 2 helpful

Seller not responding, options?

11 days ago I was going to submit an offer for an item and contacted the seller prior to the best offer to see if I was anywhere in the ballpark. He responded that yes he would accept it but his next shipment was due in on Thursday and he would ship ...

• 11 replies
  • 0 helpful

Canceling a bid

I have an item that two people bid on. One recently canceled their bid and I didn't know you could do that? I have items I'm buying on eBay and it doesn't give me an option to retract my bid. Can a bidder do that? Obviously so because it was done to ...

• 10 replies
  • 0 helpful
Most Marked as Helpful Authors