cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

buyer canceling buy it now

Buyer canceled on buy it now and said her child did it.....

Seems they have all positive feedback as a buyer but not sure its true.

Was wondering how many times can I relist something and can i relist right away as soon as i cancel this order?  Before  I relisted soemthing I believe 3 times and was told I had to wait so many days to relist again.

Also, I see n the boards some people say to report them but I dont want negative feedback. I was thinking of canceling it and moving on. Just blocking them.

Message 1 of 33
latest reply
32 REPLIES 32

@jessicamiller98wrote:

Was wondering how many times can I relist something and can i relist right away as soon as i cancel this order?  Before  I relisted soemthing I believe 3 times and was told I had to wait so many days to relist again.

Also, I see n the boards some people say to report them but I dont want negative feedback. I was thinking of canceling it and moving on. Just blocking them.

If you have a message in your ebay messages that asks you to cancel from this buyer, you can cancel and use buyer's request as the reason and you will not get a defect from Ebay.  

If you are a new seller, you have a low limit of listings.  You might only be allowed to list ten items a month.  Check your seller dashboard to find out.

You can report them and they will never know.  So no negative feedback.  

Blocking them is a good idea so they can't do this to you again.

Message 2 of 33
latest reply

and how would i go about blocking someone?

Message 3 of 33
latest reply

Ok thank you.  How can I block them?

and also what would i report this as?

thank you new to this

Message 4 of 33
latest reply

That's ok, no worries!

Go to site map, like you were coming to the Board, but choose sell, to the left of community.

Click on block buyer bidder in the middle column at the top.

Then click on add buyer bidder to your blocked bidder list.

A box will show next.  Type the user id in that box and hit submit at the bottom left.

A screen will show telling you that you have successfully added the id to your Blocker Bidder List.

Hope this helps.

Message 5 of 33
latest reply

Whether they are a good buyer or a bad buyers, as long as they only buy on that account, all buyers have perfect feedback.  It is absolutely impossible for buyers to have anything less than a 100% rating, so the feedback score as a buyer will not tell you anything about them.

The feedback they leave for seller on the other hand, can tell quite the interesting story at times, if you know what red flags to look for.

If it works, sell it. If it works well, sell it for more. If it doesn't work, quadruple the price and sell it as an antique.

-- Ferengi Rule of Acquisition #80
Message 6 of 33
latest reply

@jessicamiller98wrote:

I've had this happen a few times and it was on clothing items for teens.  Just because the parents normally buy, doesn't mean their kids can't hop on, click log in where the user ID/email, and password are automatically saved, and go through the process.  

You can't get feedback on a purchase that never happened (if cancelled).  If you try to send the item anyway, you sure will get slammed with feedback, a return, etc.

POsTiNg Id
Message 7 of 33
latest reply

Buyers may request a cancellation, but cannot actually cancel the transaction.  That must be done by the seller.  Your options are to cancel as requested or not to cancel and file a UID.

In this case, the buyer has given you probably the most overused excuse there is.  None the less, I would recommend accepting the request and cancelling as the buyer requested.  However, I would definitely put them on your BBL.

"It is an intelligent man that is aware of his own ignorance."
Message 8 of 33
latest reply

@littleguineapiggywrote:

I've had this happen a few times and it was on clothing items for teens.  Just because the parents normally buy, doesn't mean their kids can't hop on, click log in where the user ID/email, and password are automatically saved, and go through the process.  

You can't get feedback on a purchase that never happened (if cancelled).  If you try to send the item anyway, you sure will get slammed with feedback, a return, etc.

Wrong.   Feedback can be left.

feedback is only blocked when there is an UIP opened, and endended without payment.

Message 9 of 33
latest reply

@buyselljack2016wrote:

@littleguineapiggywrote:

Wrong.   Feedback can be left.

feedback is only blocked when there is an UIP opened, and endended without payment.

Ok, POSITIVE only can be left according to this link.  https://pages.ebay.com/help/sell/cancel-transaction-process.html.  Basically, the same thing considering the OP wanted to know if they could be left a negative.

POsTiNg Id
Message 10 of 33
latest reply

You are incorrect. A seller can be left any type of feedback the buyer decides to leave on a cancelled transaction. I am a buyer only and have left a neutral once and a negative once when the seller cancelled for unpleasant reasons. 

Message 11 of 33
latest reply

@kitschy*lootwrote:

You are incorrect. A seller can be left any type of feedback the buyer decides to leave on a cancelled transaction. I am a buyer only and have left a neutral once and a negative once when the seller cancelled for unpleasant reasons. 

Actually, I believe that if a buyer requests the cancellation, they nor the seller are permitted to leave feedback.  Of course, I could be wrong.

"It is an intelligent man that is aware of his own ignorance."
Message 12 of 33
latest reply

@kitschy*lootwrote:

No, you are incorrect.  look at the link I just posted which EXPLICITELY STATES that a buyer cannot leave anything other than a positive for a transaction THEY WISH TO CANCEL.  **bleep**.

POsTiNg Id
Message 13 of 33
latest reply

@kitschy*lootwrote:

https://pages.ebay.com/help/sell/cancel-transaction-process.html

I've included a screenshot from that same article.

POsTiNg Id
Message 14 of 33
latest reply

@littleguineapiggywrote:

@kitschy*lootwrote:

No, you are incorrect.  look at the link I just posted which EXPLICITELY STATES that a buyer cannot leave anything other than a positive for a transaction THEY WISH TO CANCEL.  **bleep**.

Blues on weekly chat have told us that buyers are allowed to both request a cancellation - and leave a neg. *shrug* that's what they tell us.

Life shrinks or expands in proportion to one’s courage. ~ Anais Nin
Message 15 of 33
latest reply