cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Chat, April 27 @ 1:00 pm PT - General Topics

Thanks for joining us for the Weekly Chat with eBay Staff. We don't have a specific topic this week, so feel free to share any general buying or selling questions you may have.

The chat thread will remain open until 2 PM PT at which point we'll close it from additional responses. After that time, we'll continue to work on responding to any queries that might still be unanswered.

To post your question, click Reply in the lower right corner of this post, type your question, and hit submit between 1-2 PM Pacific Time. The format of our chat mirrors the format of our Community Discussion Boards, where each post will appear in the thread chronologically. The Community Team will review each question as it comes in, and will quote the original question in our reply. This quote and the reply will appear later in the thread, so just keep scrolling down to see our answers.

Missed the chat? Send your questions to the podcast by calling  888-723-4630 or email us at podcast@ebay.com and maybe your questions will make it on the air! Or listen to past episodes while you wait for next Wednesday! 

Jasmen,
Community Team

Message 1 of 63
latest reply
62 REPLIES 62

Re: Community Chat, April 27 @ 1:00 pm PT - General Topics

jasmen@ebay wrote:
Hey @pburn I appreciate the feedback for sure, you'll want to keep discussing that here with Sheila she's collecting everything there. Thanks so much! 

At the risk of stating the obvious, the only person not discussing the topic there is... Sheila.

It should not be a post-and-run forum: if you're going to drop a big announcement there, at least stick around to discuss the topic with people who are concerned enough about it to ask questions of you.

-----

Edit: A reply to your question can be found here

Message 16 of 63
latest reply

Hi Jasmin@ebay

I received a credit card dispute today from a buyer who made a purchase on March 21st and shipped same day. Since this item sold for $799.99, it shipped with signature required via FedEx.

It was delivered and signed for at 12:00pm March 24th.

Buyer contacted me last week stating he never received the product (I don't know why he waited so long to notify me).

He said the tracking showed delivered, but didn't know who the person was that signed for the package.

I suggested he contact neighbors to see if they would have the package since it does show delivered.

I never heard back from him, so I figured he located his parcel.

Today, I received a charge back stating item not received.

I uploaded the one photo you're allowed which showed the tacking number, address shipped to and delivered to, date & time of delivery plus the person who signed for it.

I contacted FedEx and was told they showed delivered, but after 7 days of delivery, they can no longer investigate where it was delivered. I would lose any insurance claim since it shows delivered.

I feel I'm caught between a rock and a hard place on this one.

Am I protected by eBay for something like being the listing was a TRS plus listing and I did everything right?

-----

Message 17 of 63
latest reply

The new views count was rolled out to my account a short while ago. I wanted to pass on feedback that so far I'm giving this feature a thumbs up.

For anybody that hasn't seen it yet- the views column includes a hyperlink that opens a pop-up. It shows you organic and promoted views from the past 30 days- and you can change the filter from 30 days to 7 days, 90 days, 6 mos, 1 yr, 2 yr (if your listing has been active that long).

This is giving me a much better view of which listings are underperforming. It's easier than combing through traffic reports when I'm looking for a quick answer on a product.

My only critique is that I'd like to see an "all time" filter added.

-----

Edit: A reply to your question can be found here.

Message 18 of 63
latest reply

Just for info..........I watch this by refreshing the page every once and a while.........  and, as reported and acknowledged and being worked on, the refresh usually take me to the last post.....not the most previously read post.....  With that history, I'm now being taken to the first post on about every 2nd refresh......in other words, not consistently........but my first observation of this phenomenon.

-----

Message 19 of 63
latest reply

@thestuffyouwantguy wrote:

Any idea's what is going on with the eBay Shipping Calculator.  Since yesterday, it is no longer applying the added costs for the NonStandard Fee related to Dimensions (i.e., 23 inches/32 inches).  Question is for those listings that already have the Dimensions applied to shipping, is it going to charge the Buyer correctly?

Hi @thestuffyouwantguy! I'm not aware of any intended changes to the shipping calculator. Let me see what I can find out from the shipping team. Thanks!

*****Follow-up (04/28/2022)*****

The shipping team was able to recreate this and are working on a fix. Thanks for bringing it to our attention @thestuffyouwantguy!

*****Follow-up (04/29/2022)*****

Good news @thestuffyouwantguy! The issue has now been resolved. The Shipping Calculator and label charges include the USPS non-standard fees where applicable and they said sellers will be reimbursed for any impacted transactions.

Velvet,
eBay
Message 20 of 63
latest reply

Hey @valueaddedresource as soon as velvet has an answer for you she'll follow up on that thread. As of now we unfortunately don't have an answer for you just yet. 

Jasmen,
Community Team

Message 21 of 63
latest reply

On Seller Hub Overview page in the Orders window pane there is a link to "Open returns/replacements"- but there is no link to "Open requests/disputes"

Since that window pane is supposed to give us quick shortcuts with easy visibility to pending tasks- I think it's essential that "Open requests/disputes" is added to that pane.

Can you please pass this FB along? I have done so myself a couple of times through the comments link, but thought it wouldn't hurt if the suggestion came from multiple avenues.

-----

Edit: A reply to your question can be answer here

Message 22 of 63
latest reply

Thought I've successfully logged into my account several times today... and only had to enter Captcha information on the initial try... I've been in and out of the eBay site all day... with only one exception.  Today, I'm getting an additional Captcha request when I attempt to look at my own Feedback.  Why would just reading the Feedback report require an added layer of security?  I'm not even trying to post feedback... but the system now defaults to Captcha with any attempt to view my own Feedback page.

Thoughts?

-----

Message 23 of 63
latest reply

Hi @clarkphilatelics all great questions, I'll push this up and see what info I can find for you! 

Jasmen,
Community Team

Message 24 of 63
latest reply

How long does it take for a return to close?

I had 3 returns that had the seals broken and opened when returned. 

I did a 10% reduction in the refund.

The refund was done on April 13th, but they are still open.

How long does it take before they close?

Edit:  A reply to  your question can be found here

Message 25 of 63
latest reply

Yeah, others are seeing also.  I asked the question earlier in a Community Thread and provided an example.  eBay Shipping not Calculating (including) NonStand... - The eBay Community

-----

Message 26 of 63
latest reply

@a_c_green wrote:

jasmen@ebay wrote:
Hey @pburn I appreciate the feedback for sure, you'll want to keep discussing that here with Sheila she's collecting everything there. Thanks so much! 

At the risk of stating the obvious, the only person not discussing the topic there is... Sheila.

It should not be a post-and-run forum: if you're going to drop a big announcement there, at least stick around to discuss the topic with people who are concerned enough about it to ask questions of you.

@a_c_green I will make sure this get's addressed, thank you! 

Jasmen,
Community Team

Message 27 of 63
latest reply

Subject:  Return Flow Issues

Quite some time ago eBay eliminated the ability for Sellers to mark a Returned Item received, WHEN will this be corrected and that functionality put back in to the Return Flow?

I know I am not the only member to report this or make this request but from my own experience in using "Comments" or "Tell us what you think" links PLUS a specific thread about it with eBay looped in it has been about a month.

It would be nice to have confirmation that 1) it has been corrected or 2) advised exactly when it WILL be corrected.

Regards,

Mr. L

-----

Regards,
Mr. Lincoln - Community Mentor
Message 28 of 63
latest reply

@vintagecraze50 wrote:

I recently has a terrible time getting a Fed Ex Express 2 Day package to a customer who could not be home during normal working hours to sign for a direct signature required package value around 500 dollars. This Fed Ex label was purchased from EBay’s account with discount. There was no way in heck I could make any delivery instruction changes to this label to allow for the driver to get this package to the customer at 6pm or later.  This particular customer lives 60 miles from the nearest pick up location where they could retrieve it with ID. The package went back and forth with three delivery tries to here home and back to the place 60 miles from their home. I called Fed Ex at least 7 times trying to get delivery instructions approved to deliver at 6 pm. No way could they alter this because this was bought on my ebay account and not through my  personal Fed Ex account. Any way you guys can do something where a request for later delivery could be added to these labels when they are purchases here, on the ebay account, rather than personal Fed Ex account?

Hey @vintagecraze50! There's no way for us to go in and update that request for you. It sounds like the buyer is going to need to travel to FedEx to pick it up if no one is ever going to be home to sign for it.

Should they not do that, and the item is returned, then you have a few different options. The first would be to refund them minus the shipping you would be out. The second is to offer to reship it. That would have you purchasing the label outside of eBay and entering any instructions you'd like. I would only do that if the buyer is willing to pay shipping again though. You shouldn't be out those funds. 

I will pass on your suggestion about including shipping instructions into the eBay labels flow though. I can see how something like that would've been helpful in this situation. 

Velvet,
eBay
Message 29 of 63
latest reply

@dentalsales4u wrote:

How long does it take for a return to close?

I had 3 returns that had the seals broken and opened when returned. 

I did a 10% reduction in the refund.

The refund was done on April 13th, but they are still open.

How long does it take before they close?

When you do a partial refund through a return eBay gives the buyer 10 days to dispute the partial. If the buyer doesn't dispute it will close after that. If the buyer disputes then that escalates it to eBay to review it and take action on it.

Message 30 of 63
latest reply
About this Board

Welcome to the Retired Monthly Chat with eBay Staff board! This board contains past chats with eBay Community team members along with eBay product teams.

For eBay news and information see:

Consider posting on one of these boards for input from fellow eBay members: