cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

eBay Shipping not Calculating (including) NonStandard Length Fee as of yesterday?

I know it's not just me.  But the eBay Labels Calculator stopped adding the NonStandard Length Fee whether listing, buying a label, or just plain estimating?  Hopefully temporary...

Message 1 of 25
latest reply
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

eBay Shipping not Calculating (including) NonStandard Length Fee as of yesterday?

Good news everyone! The issue has now been resolved. The Shipping Calculator and label charges include the USPS non-standard fees where applicable and they said sellers will be reimbursed for any impacted transactions.

Edit: Accepting as solution so it's at the top of the thread for all to see that this has been resolved.

Velvet,
eBay

View Best Answer in original post

Message 21 of 25
latest reply
24 REPLIES 24

Just noticed today. Is it a mistake?

Message 2 of 25
latest reply

As I have not heard anything about USPS having a change of heart about the charges,

over 30 inch.jpg

so I would say that eBay IT has been busy again.

One perk. eBay is giving me the option to select "media mail" for a non-qualified item.  Not going to do it, but eBay is offering.

Message 3 of 25
latest reply

Your image shows Media Mail and two Priority Mail flat rate envelopes.  Neither of those is subject to the new length-based surcharges.  Scroll down; what price is it showing for regular Priority Mail?

Message 4 of 25
latest reply

NonStandardFeeeBayErrorScreenshot.jpg

Message 5 of 25
latest reply

I just check an order and shows the same rate, no surcharge, I pray this isn't a fluke. My sales are down 30% because of the surcharge, not to mention the items I can't buy for now on.

Message 6 of 25
latest reply

velvet@ebay- I tried replying on the chat but got locked out.

The example @buyselljack2016 posted in the chat shows Priority Flat Rates and Media Mail- the surcharge doesn't apply to either of those services so that might not be the best screenshot for eBay to confirm the issue. 😉

But I did some testing and was able to duplicate the error- the surcharge is not being applied like it was a couple days ago. When I changed the dimensions on this package it should have applied the $15 surcharge- but as you can see, it's not doing that.

missingsurcharge.png

Message 7 of 25
latest reply

Sorry for the senior moment error with my screen shot.

When I went to "Paint" to add the circles it cut off the bottom of the shot, and I, in a rush, did not notice, and failed to scroll down to regular Priority.

Priority has the wrong amount shown.

over 30 inch.jpg

Message 8 of 25
latest reply

would be something that is happening on "eBay".

USPS dot  com calculate shipping shows the "surcharge" rates.

over 30 inch retail.jpg

Message 9 of 25
latest reply

Thanks for posting a proper shot. I failed to scroll, and had cut off the regular package Priority rate when I went to "paint" without noticing what I had done...........................

Message 10 of 25
latest reply

Took 2 calls and a hang up but their writing a ticket on the it, supposedly a glitch but was hoping the USPS had dropped the surcharge. Sad because I'm losing $25k a year in sales.

Message 11 of 25
latest reply

Agreed.  Thanks.

Message 12 of 25
latest reply

This is bad and can add up fast. If I was affected by this I would push eBay to reimburse me the subsequent USPS APV charges because eBay's shipping calculator failed to charge the buyer the correct surcharge amount.

GLORIOUS!

Confused about the switch to eBay discounted shipping? Read this discussion to make an informed decision about opt in / opt out.
Message 13 of 25
latest reply

I switched over to UPS Ground on April 3 when the USPS extra surcharge began (I ship golf club so all boxes longer than 30") I noticed the $15.00 wasn't being added to eBay labels this evening as well. Also, USPS Priority Mail labels purchased on Amazon have remained without the $15.00 surcharge so I have continued to ship the Amazon sales with USPS Priority Mail. May be Amazon and now eBay accounts with USPS are  exempt from the surcharge? 

Message 14 of 25
latest reply

I wish ebay would say something, I have a 150 fishing rods I'd love to relist, UPS charges to pick up at my house and its a 15 mile drive to drop them off. I'm afraid to sell at rod without the surcharge and the USPS see's the mistake and charge my ebay account later.

Message 15 of 25
latest reply