cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Chat, May 4 @ 1:00 pm PT - General Topics

Thanks for joining us for the Weekly Chat with eBay Staff. We don't have a specific topic this week, so feel free to share any general buying or selling questions you may have.

The chat thread will remain open until 2 PM PT at which point we'll close it from additional responses. After that time, we'll continue to work on responding to any queries that might still be unanswered.

To post your question, click Reply in the lower right corner of this post, type your question, and hit submit between 1-2 PM Pacific Time. The format of our chat mirrors the format of our Community Discussion Boards, where each post will appear in the thread chronologically. The Community Team will review each question as it comes in, and will quote the original question in our reply. This quote and the reply will appear later in the thread, so just keep scrolling down to see our answers.

Missed the chat? Send your questions to the podcast by calling  888-723-4630 or email us at podcast@ebay.com and maybe your questions will make it on the air! Or listen to past episodes while you wait for next Wednesday! 

Jasmen,
Community Team

Message 1 of 38
latest reply
37 REPLIES 37

Good afternoon,

Has there been any information or timeline provided as to when we can see some improvement with the new listing tool while using it on a desktop. There has been allot of feedback given and we want to know if it is being taken into account and how long until we can see it adjusted or the classic access given back

Thanks

-----

Edit: A reply to your question can be found here.

Message 2 of 38
latest reply

Good afternoon. 

Included here is a screen shot of the "report an item" form. Can you suggest the appropriate selections to make when reporting an item that is in the "incorrect category" using this form? I am NOT speaking of the usual fraudulent litings posted by three day old accounts selling $50K Rolex watches for $2k that post purposely in the incorrect categories, for fraudulent purposes.

I am speaking of typically consistently good sellers that perhaps inadvertently choose a first or "second" category that is inappropriate.

Some examples might be large wall mirrors or such other home decor, aquarium supplies, ceramic dinnerware sets, pots and pans, and auto parts etc. in the "travel" category. I find it highly unlikely someone is going to want to take that 3 ft. diameter wall clock on vacation.

What selections should be made in EACH section the form?

reportform.jpgThank you.

-----

Edit: A reply to your question can be found here

Message 3 of 38
latest reply

I see adsteam@ebay  had time to stop by and make a post promoting their latest blog with tips for optimizing keyword strategies, but hasn't had time to create a sticky post with the additional information/clarification about the marketing terms update that velvet@ebay  shared earlier today.

https://community.ebay.com/t5/Selling/You-lose-all-control-over-your-Promoted-Listings-to-Ebay-in-Ju...

While I appreciate Velvet's answer, odds are it's going to get lost as post 99 out of 100+....any chance we can get it posted separately as a sticky topic in the appropriate place too?

-----

Edit: A reply to your message can be found here

Message 4 of 38
latest reply

@siamjane8 wrote:

Good afternoon,

Has there been any information or timeline provided as to when we can see some improvement with the new listing tool while using it on a desktop. There has been allot of feedback given and we want to know if it is being taken into account and how long until we can see it adjusted or the classic access given back

Thanks

Hey @siamjane8 we have bubbled up all the feedback we got from the new listing tool and they are looking into it for sure. Thanks so much for taking the time to let us know your thoughts, it's super helpful! 

Jasmen,
Community Team

Message 5 of 38
latest reply

Lately when I click on ship your next item, it sometimes goes to one that I've already purchased a label for.

-----

Message 6 of 38
latest reply

Question -

Now that my store subscription due date has been changed to the beginning of the month, will it always be deducted/charged the first of the month? 

Message 7 of 38
latest reply

@ittybitnot wrote:

Good afternoon. 

Included here is a screen shot of the "report an item" form. Can you suggest the appropriate selections to make when reporting an item that is in the "incorrect category" using this form? I am NOT speaking of the usual fraudulent litings posted by three day old accounts selling $50K Rolex watches for $2k that post purposely in the incorrect categories, for fraudulent purposes.

I am speaking of typically consistently good sellers that perhaps inadvertently choose a first or "second" category that is inappropriate.

Some examples might be large wall mirrors or such other home decor, aquarium supplies, ceramic dinnerware sets, pots and pans, and auto parts etc. in the "travel" category. I find it highly unlikely someone is going to want to take that 3 ft. diameter wall clock on vacation.

What selections should be made in EACH section the form?

reportform.jpgThank you.

Great question @ittybitnot! You would want to select the following options:

velvetebay_0-1651694917160.png

Velvet,
eBay
Message 8 of 38
latest reply

@valueaddedresource wrote:

I see adsteam@ebay  had time to stop by and make a post promoting their latest blog with tips for optimizing keyword strategies, but hasn't had time to create a sticky post with the additional information/clarification about the marketing terms update that velvet@ebay  shared earlier today.

https://community.ebay.com/t5/Selling/You-lose-all-control-over-your-Promoted-Listings-to-Ebay-in-Ju...

While I appreciate Velvet's answer, odds are it's going to get lost as post 99 out of 100+....any chance we can get it posted separately as a sticky topic in the appropriate place too?

We appreciate your feedback @valueaddedresource, we're looking into whether or not this is something that can be done. Thanks! 

Jasmen,
Community Team

Message 9 of 38
latest reply

So are you saying that there is no plan in effect yet to change it to work on a desktop yet.

-----

Edit: A reply to your message can be found here

Message 10 of 38
latest reply

@siamjane8 wrote:

So are you saying that there is no plan in effect yet to change it to work on a desktop yet.

@siamjane8 as soon as I have any updates I'll be happy to share them for sure! 

Jasmen,
Community Team

Message 11 of 38
latest reply

@carlqsportscards wrote:

Lately when I click on ship your next item, it sometimes goes to one that I've already purchased a label for.

Hi @carlqsportscards! I do see a recent issue surrounding bulk shipping pages showing old orders that they have already shipped out. Is that what you're experiencing? Are they bulk shipping labels or individual?

Velvet,
eBay
Message 12 of 38
latest reply

It doesn't apply to me but has any thought ever been given to be able to only give a partial refund for new, unopened items that a buyer returned opened and/or tampered with?

It's bad enough to have to take some returns, plus pay to get them back AND no longer be able to sell them as New...or in some cases, not be able to put them up for sale at all (hygiene issues, for example)

-----

Message 13 of 38
latest reply

velvet@ebay wrote:

@carlqsportscards wrote:

Hi @carlqsportscards! I do see a recent issue surrounding bulk shipping pages showing old orders that they have already shipped out. Is that what you're experiencing? Are they bulk shipping labels or individual?

Individual

Message 14 of 38
latest reply

@momdadsstash wrote:

It doesn't apply to me but has any thought ever been given to be able to only give a partial refund for new, unopened items that a buyer returned opened and/or tampered with?

It's bad enough to have to take some returns, plus pay to get them back AND no longer be able to sell them as New...or in some cases, not be able to put them up for sale at all (hygiene issues, for example)

Hi @momdadsstash! There are instances in which a partial refund can be issued and you can go here. On top of that, we encourage sellers to report buyers as necessary. 

Velvet,
eBay
Message 15 of 38
latest reply
About this Board

Welcome to the Retired Monthly Chat with eBay Staff board! This board contains past chats with eBay Community team members along with eBay product teams.

For eBay news and information see:

Consider posting on one of these boards for input from fellow eBay members: