cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Chat, April 27 @ 1:00 pm PT - General Topics

Thanks for joining us for the Weekly Chat with eBay Staff. We don't have a specific topic this week, so feel free to share any general buying or selling questions you may have.

The chat thread will remain open until 2 PM PT at which point we'll close it from additional responses. After that time, we'll continue to work on responding to any queries that might still be unanswered.

To post your question, click Reply in the lower right corner of this post, type your question, and hit submit between 1-2 PM Pacific Time. The format of our chat mirrors the format of our Community Discussion Boards, where each post will appear in the thread chronologically. The Community Team will review each question as it comes in, and will quote the original question in our reply. This quote and the reply will appear later in the thread, so just keep scrolling down to see our answers.

Missed the chat? Send your questions to the podcast by calling  888-723-4630 or email us at podcast@ebay.com and maybe your questions will make it on the air! Or listen to past episodes while you wait for next Wednesday! 

Jasmen,
Community Team

Message 1 of 63
latest reply
62 REPLIES 62

Re: Community Chat, April 27 @ 1:00 pm PT - General Topics

Thanks so much for taking the time to let us know @coffeebean832 we appreciate it for sure! 

Jasmen,
Community Team

Message 31 of 63
latest reply

Here is one of the messages I'm getting far too frequently:

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This site can’t be reached

www.ebay.com’s DNS address could not be found. Diagnosing the problem.

• Try running Windows Network Diagnostics.
DNS_PROBE_STARTED
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
When I run Diagnostics it says there is noproblem.
Message 32 of 63
latest reply

REALLY please say USPS had a change of heart, I've lost 30% of sales so far this month

Message 33 of 63
latest reply

That's a problem on your end. I get that message all the time, on multiple websites, if I have a less-than-adequate wifi connection for whatever reason.

Message 34 of 63
latest reply

@coffeebean832 wrote:

On Seller Hub Overview page in the Orders window pane there is a link to "Open returns/replacements"- but there is no link to "Open requests/disputes"

Since that window pane is supposed to give us quick shortcuts with easy visibility to pending tasks- I think it's essential that "Open requests/disputes" is added to that pane.

Can you please pass this FB along? I have done so myself a couple of times through the comments link, but thought it wouldn't hurt if the suggestion came from multiple avenues.

We're more than happy to pass it along @coffeebean832 thanks for being such a great help! 

Jasmen,
Community Team

Message 35 of 63
latest reply

Is anybody else seeing large groups of posts on this thread constantly disappear or reappear?

I've been clicking around because a few of the eBay replies didn't quote the original post so I was following the breadcrumbs to see which reply went with which post- and each time a page is refreshed the posts displayed keeps changing. Posts that were there a minute ago are gone. Posts that were previously consecutive now have multiple posts between them. I'm not talking about the end of the thread- this is happening as far back as page 1 and 2.

Message 36 of 63
latest reply

@somanypostcards wrote:

Forced into the new listing experience.  It's very slow opening a listing page when I do a Sell similar.  Then it keeps timing out with message about taking too long for response and/or unable to locate the DSN and/or no internet access.  But if I do nothing eventually it comes back saying "Complete your listing."  Unfortunate some or all of the entries I made have now reverted back to the former info.  This happens repeatedly, so sometimes I have to reenter data a few times.  Most frustrating is having to reenter the description.

That does sound frustrating @somanypostcards. I'll see what I can find out about this. I most likely won't have a response from that team before the chat ends but I can still update the post and tag you once I have info to share. 

Velvet,
eBay
Message 37 of 63
latest reply

It appears that eBay reports total monthly sales totals on the 1099-K sent to sellers early in the following year. Why are total sales omitted from monthly statements?

-----

Edit:  A reply to your question can be found here

Message 38 of 63
latest reply

I have to ask AGAIN, what is ebay doing about duplicate listings. I've been reporting them on site and calling in, being told their breaking the rules but nothing is done. I know of several sellers breaking the rules of years and nothing is done.????

And its not being able to tell me what ebay did to them, its still seeing month after month after month, even after being report several times

-----

Edit: A reply to your question can be found here

Message 39 of 63
latest reply

Hello everyone, how are you?

Here is a question or two. Why do my Item Specifics change apparently on their own? I have receive notifications that I needed to complete multiple item specifics. I thought this would be odd do to the fact that I can not post a listing unless all my item specifics are completed. 

I have also had the shipping change from Buyer Pays to Seller Pays. Which has cost me on two occasions.

Thank you and please have a great year.

-Diana-😊

-----

Edit: A reply to your question can be found here

Message 40 of 63
latest reply

@coffeebean832 wrote:

Is anybody else seeing large groups of posts on this thread constantly disappear or reappear?

I'm using the desktop version, and it's working as expected for me. I assume you're using the iOS/android app?

Message 41 of 63
latest reply

@cookiecookie55 wrote:

Will all sellers be forced to use the new unified listing tool?  I have tried the listing tool and it’s a time waster.  It takes 3 times as long to make a listing.  So many options are hidden from view. You have to click everything to see what you’re looking for.   I’ve spoken to other sellers in my group and no one is happy and everyone is frustrated with the listing form.  This is a huge disappointment and one of the worst changes I have seen in my 12 years selling on eBay.

I hope that eBay will consider letting sellers continue to use the current listing form in the seller hub.  I fear that the negative reviews of the new listing form don’t matter to eBay. 

The listing form in the seller hub has everything visible at one glance. It’s fast to use and works well. I cannot understand replacing something that works well with something that is much much slower, clumsy and less friendly to use.

Thank you in advance,

cookie

Hi @cookiecookie55! Eventually all sellers will be switched to the new listing flow. I know it's come a long ways since it's first iteration and that they're continually reviewing feedback that is being shared. Continue to supply it in the listing flow as you run into things. The more they get, the better chance there is of additional changes being made. 

Velvet,
eBay
Message 42 of 63
latest reply

@pburn wrote:

@coffeebean832 wrote:

I'm using the desktop version, and it's working as expected for me. I assume you're using the iOS/android app?

No. I'm on a laptop.

Message 43 of 63
latest reply

If it helps, here is an example.

over 30 inch.jpg

Message 44 of 63
latest reply

Yes,  coffeebean, and I'm on a laptop, not a phone.

Message 45 of 63
latest reply
About this Board

Welcome to the Retired Monthly Chat with eBay Staff board! This board contains past chats with eBay Community team members along with eBay product teams.

For eBay news and information see:

Consider posting on one of these boards for input from fellow eBay members: