cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Chat, Oct 21 @ 3 pm PT - Technical issues reported within Seller Hub, and items specifics

alan@ebay
eBay Staff (Alumni)

Join us here at 3 pm PT where we will be joined by Ron from the Structured Data team to give us an update on the ongoing Seller Hub and Item Specifics issue. Ron will let us know the current status as well as address your questions. Please know that because this is a developing situation we may not have exact answers but it’s important we get your input and update you with all necessary information.

Alan - eBay Community Manager

If a member's response helped, please give it a Helpful. If you are the author of a thread and a member's response resolved your question, please click "Accept as Solution." More on Accepted Solutions.

Check out the eBay for Business podcast! For your chance to be featured on the show, call in with a question at 888 723-4630!

Message 1 of 119
latest reply
118 REPLIES 118

Re: Community Chat, Oct 21 @ 3 pm PT - Technical issues reported within Seller Hub, and items specif

@collins53422 wrote:

The latest update has so many duplications, more fields to fill in that don't add value, just duplicates. 

Hi @collins53422 

Can you share some examples?

Thanks

Message 31 of 119
latest reply

Re: Community Chat, Oct 21 @ 3 pm PT - Technical issues reported within Seller Hub, and items specif

@ca_jackdawthat is not true, or at least not yet.  I have personally logged out and tested it and my items that do not have the NEW required size field completed are invisible. 

Message 32 of 119
latest reply

alan@ebay wrote:

Join us here at 3 pm PT where we will be joined by Ron from the Structured Data team to give us an update on the ongoing Seller Hub and Item Specifics issue. Ron will let us know the current status as well as address your questions. Please know that because this is a developing situation we may not have exact answers but it’s important we get your input and update you with all necessary information.

While this session is listed as a chat I think that most sellers are expecting a debrief by Ron Knapp and the rest of the structured data team regarding the current issues and glitches associated with "Item Specifics"

The Oct 18 Ebay announcement stated that their would be another update today Monday October 21, and that is what I think the majority of seller's coming to this impromptu chat session are expecting.

Per the Friday October 18 eBay announcement: 

"Next steps for sellers:

We will continue to communicate updates through this announcement board and you can expect the next update from us on Monday, Oct 21.  

Until then, you should continue providing all of the required, recommended and additional item specifics as needed. You do not need to revise those item specifics that are appearing blank.

We appreciate your attention to this and as always, thank you for selling on eBay."

https://community.ebay.com/t5/Announcements/FRIDAY-OCT-18-UPDATE-Technical-issues-reported-in-Seller... 

Message 33 of 119
latest reply

@thewickedreseller this is actually the "chat." It's more of a question and answer chat. So, you can Reply to the original post at the top to post a question. From there, click Reply to reply to any other posts.

@thewickedreseller wrote:
Yeah I did as well. Very 90s of ebay to do this in a forum thread.

Message 34 of 119
latest reply

Thanks Brian........I checked the announcement 1 minute before I posted.  The way this chat was announced, I presumed it would have updated info......so we wouldn't have to drag the answers out of someone....

Whatever.....

Hi Ron: 

Relative to IS in general........there are ALOT of incorrect, redundant suggestions which frankly make Ebay look extremely stupid.....

For instance:

Clothing, Shoes & Accessories > Men > Men's Clothing > Shirts > Casual Button-Down Shirts

Size Type
8 suggestions found. 

Frequently Selected
    Regular
    Big & Tall
    Juniors
    Maternity
    Petites
    Plus
    Regular
    Tall

Enter your own

Pretty obvious Maternity and Petites don't belong........I also doubt you need both "big and tall" and tall........or Juniors

This is the list of sizes in one category........Just picture trying to list 10-15/100/1000 things and having to find the size EACH TIME in this:

0P

0X

10P

10 Tall

10XL

12P

12 Tall

14 L

14P

14 Tall

14W

16P

16 Tall

16W

18P

18 Tall

18W

1X

1XLT

1X Plus

20P

20 Tall

20W

22P

22W

24P

24W

26P

26W

2P

2W

2X

2XB

2XL

2XP

2XS

2XT

30W

34 in

34W

36 in

36W

38 in

38W

3X

3XB

3XL

3XLT

3XT

40 in

40W

42 in

42W

44 in

44W

46 in

48 in

4P

4 Tall

4X

4XB

4XL

4XLT

50 in

52 in

54 in

56 in

57 58

58 in

5X

5XB

5XL

5XLT

60 in

62 in

64 in

66 in

68 in

6P

6 Tall

6X

6XL

6XLT

70 in

72 in

7X

7XL

8P

8 Tall

8X

8XL

9X

9XL

Big 10X

Big 1X

Big 2X

Big 3X

Big 4X

Big 5X

Big 6X

Big 7X

Big 8X

Big 9X

L

LT

L Tall

M

MT

M Tall

One Size

One Size: Big & Tall

One Size: Plus

One Size: Regular

PL

PM

PP

PS

PXL

PXS

S

S Tall

XL

XLT

XL Tall

XLX

XS

XS Tall

Enter your own

How CAN this type of thing happen?

This is the 4th quarter.........all most of us want to do is list (properly)........can't this stuff be walked back and let some real people work on improving it, while sellers actually list for the holidays? 

I could give you ALOT more examples of both of the above........that you are telling sellers to deal with now.....

Message 35 of 119
latest reply

Anonymous
Not applicable

@gulfcoasthula wrote:

What is the exact status of the women's clothing size item specific issue?  None of my listings have been fixed by ebay, though I've been working on doing so manually myself.  First we heard there would be a fix, but when I called this morning I was clearly told there would not be.  Please clarify.  Honestly.  Thank you.

Hi @gulfcoasthula For existing listing, you shouldn't be required to do anything. Behind the scenes we map these values to provide consistency in Search. When you go to modify the listing it would be good for you to adopt the new aspect and provide the appropriate value, but it's not required. We are currently working on a utility to copy this data over for you. We will be testing this over the next day and begin copying data over once testing is complete. 

Message 36 of 119
latest reply

Thanks!
I noticed that nearly all of my items have been mapped and can be found in the left navigation search now.

With one exception.

My shoes that were previously listed with both US and EUR sizes in the item specifics is being dumped into "not specified" for size.  Is this something that has been worked out or should I go ahead an manually fix those at this time?

Liz
Message 37 of 119
latest reply

I've heard that the real problem is that eBay doesn't have sufficient Servers. Is that what's causing all the ongoing issues? It's become a monthly senario with glitches and bugs. Very frustrating!
Message 38 of 119
latest reply

The SIZE is duplcated....the "department" is redundant...."type" is redundant (we already had style which is the same)....I could go on....

Message 39 of 119
latest reply

So I need not make any adjustments to my current listings even though there are new required fields.  Does this impact visibility of my items?  The auction items must all be re-listed individually?

Message 40 of 119
latest reply

Why haven’t managed payments been paid in over a week? The answer from concierge is that there was a holiday. A one day holiday does not account for a seven day delay. Other platforms have not had this issue 

Message 41 of 119
latest reply

The sizes from previous listings have NOT been "mapped" to the new required item specific.  You have to do it manually so far.  I have been checking and testing it ALL DANG DAY!  I'm not sure why you keep telling us what you are going to do, just do it.  Feeling pretty frustrated and this format is hard to follow.  Sorry if I seem short, just super frustrated.

Message 42 of 119
latest reply

@mynewfindstore wrote:

Yeah, I want answers!  I have 2500 listings to do!  I don't want to do it!!!

@mynewfindstore I understand how you feel. For all your Good 'Til Cancelled listings you do not have to make any changes at this time. For new item listings or re-listings you must give us the Required Item Specifics. We recommend you provide the Recommended, but these and the Additional Item Specifics are not required.

The more information you provide the more likely buyers will find your items. 

I hope this helps clarify. 

Brian

Join us at eBay Open this September! eBay.com/ebayopen
Message 43 of 119
latest reply

Anonymous
Not applicable

@mynewfindstore wrote:

If it's really mapped, then the size should SHOW in the new fields....how can we trust that it's fixed otherwise?

Hi @mynewfindstore This is a convenience feature that eBay has used for all seller releases. In essence, it's impossible for all sellers to respond immediately and copy data over to the new item specifics. To maintain continuity on the buyer experience, we map this data internally to make it available for searches. 

Message 44 of 119
latest reply

What about the Good Till Cancelled ones that just roll over?  Should I update those?

Message 45 of 119
latest reply
About this Board

Welcome to the Retired Monthly Chat with eBay Staff board! This board contains past chats with eBay Community team members along with eBay product teams.

For eBay news and information see:

Consider posting on one of these boards for input from fellow eBay members: