cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ebay compensate sellers-FREE Store Subscriptions until issue is completely fixed!! No Sales NO fee

Message 1 of 78
latest reply
77 REPLIES 77

Re: Ebay compensate sellers-FREE Store Subscriptions until issue is completely fixed!! No Sales NO

@upssob wrote:
Compensation would be in the form of an apology with Ebay. This is unacceptable, and clearly shows the transparency of Ebay. Please start looking for alternatives to this site. Ebay does not care.

Ebay already apologized. You may want to check the announcements.

Message 46 of 78
latest reply

Re: Ebay compensate sellers-FREE Store Subscriptions until issue is completely fixed!! No Sales NO

@style_vault wrote:

Just because we are forced to agree to all sorts of lovely stipulations does not mean eBay does not owe their customer (sellers) compensation to keep the relationship happy.

It merely means we can not sue them. If they choose to remain favorable in the sellers' mind--that is something different altogether.

@everything-from-trinkets-to-treasures wrote:

EBay TOU roughly state that ebay is not responsible for your sales or lack of them and they are not liable for such in relation to problems etc......and this we all agreed to this by using the site and being here.

That is pretty much exactly what it means. You should read them. The TOU is not just about suing them. It also says the site may not always works as it should etc etc and as such you have been made aware prior to use etc

Message 47 of 78
latest reply

Don't think for a minute that ebay hasn't fully covered itself for anything and everything.
IF they ever decide to do anyhting for sellers in regards to things like this it will be because they want to  and not because they have to

Message 48 of 78
latest reply

Couln't agree more. I logged out and veiwed a bunch of my new listings. I logged back in and it still shows nobody has viewed the items I just looked at. They are not keeping up thier end of the contract and should not be charging store owners until the issues are totally fixed. My sales this time of year are usually very good but not this year. I think there is a much bigger problem that eBay is not telling us about.

Message 49 of 78
latest reply

So you're saying eBay does not have to provide a selling platform that actually works. I have a Bonanza account also and those same items on Bonanza are more veiwable over the net than the SAME items that are on eBay. Half the time I can't even find my eBay items when I google them and don't tell me that google controls that I know they do. But when I can't find my items even on page 10 or higher on google then there is something wrong.

Message 50 of 78
latest reply

I was charged for listings and I am a basic store. Grrrrrrrr...

Message 51 of 78
latest reply

@momandpopcybershop15 wrote:

Couln't agree more. I logged out and veiwed a bunch of my new listings. I logged back in and it still shows nobody has viewed the items I just looked at. They are not keeping up thier end of the contract and should not be charging store owners until the issues are totally fixed. My sales this time of year are usually very good but not this year. I think there is a much bigger problem that eBay is not telling us about.

Did you read the contract??? I am guessing not Because their end of it says the site may not always work as it should...and they are and will not be liable.

Message 52 of 78
latest reply

@everything-from-trinkets-to-treasures wrote:

@momandpopcybershop15 wrote:

Did you read the contract??? I am guessing not Because their end of it says the site may not always work as it should...and they are and will not be liable.

To help you out a bit....an excerpt from the UA aka the contract (edited to take out what's not relevant to this discussion and to not make it too long).......

"We try to keep our Services safe, secure, and functioning properly, but we cannot guarantee the continuous operation of or access to our Services. ......

In addition, to the extent permitted by applicable law, we (including our parent, subsidiaries, and affiliates, and our and their officers, directors, agents and employees) are not liable, and you agree not to hold us responsible, for any damages or losses (including, but not limited to, loss of money, goodwill or reputation, profits, other intangible losses, or any special, indirect, or consequential damages) resulting directly or indirectly from:

the content you provide (directly or indirectly) using the Services;

***your use of or your inability to use our Services;

***delays or disruptions in our Services;

**glitches, bugs, errors, or inaccuracies of any kind in our Services;...........

**the duration or manner in which your listings appear in search results as set out in the

**Listing Conditions Section above; or
your need to modify practices, content, or behavior, or your loss of or inability to do business, as a result of changes to this User Agreement or our policies."

Message 53 of 78
latest reply

@nicollastr-0 wrote:

The apology only solidifies that the issue is not resolved. - My pocket has been impacted and yet nothing in the form of compensation!!!

Actually the "announement" ebay made solidifies the issues had not all been resolved yet. Sellers should read the announcements...not just the boards.
And again as far as compensation.....see the UA you agreed to....something members are required to read as they have agreed to them.

Message 54 of 78
latest reply

i asked for a steak dinner still haven't heard back....waiting
Message 55 of 78
latest reply

I agree also. How can I tell if it is just my listings not reaching the right customersa or its a technical issue. I sell to collectors and need my items to be seen or I miss out. Ebay should be proactive to there sellers in letting them know and NOT charge fees.

Message 56 of 78
latest reply

Do you really think this self serving jack hole is going to do that for you? 

He has you as eBay's inventory, seller, financier & now beta tester.    I wanted everyone to see the face that is going to destroy you.

You should know what to do if you ever meet him on the street.

Message 57 of 78
latest reply

There are two ways to confirm your listing are being found within eBay

Method 1:

From Seller Hub > Performance > Traffic Report... Scroll down to the listing section and look for your listing for all of the stats, including # of page views.

Method 2:

Copy the listing title in question and paste it into the eBay search bar. Press enter. If the listing doesn't display, call eBay immediately.

As for how your listings are ranking in search, no one knows this.

Our story is that we started noticing the missing views way back on 6/18.  We did encounter lost pictures on relisting, but was able to quickly recover from this.  We did have almost 4 days with no sales and only 1 offer back on the end of June.  A rarity to say the least but unexplainable.

Our listing views have certainly been fixed and sales are slowly coming in. With the test methods above and our own testing, we believe the view glitch was nothing more than a reporting issue and not an underlying problem with the platform.  As for the other issue that sellers have been reporting, we were not affected and can’t add any insight.

Hope this helps.

Message 58 of 78
latest reply

The issue has not been fixed.  I am not sure it ever will be.   The problem comes and goes. It is effecting sales.  It is intentional.  Many sellers have been reporting these issues for over a month now.  Things were working pretty good in April before all this summer seller updates started being implemented.   Ebay has not been in any hurry to fix it.... Now more things are going bad.   My items are not getting view from buyers.  The search engine is not working properly.  I have had items listed for sale on my page that were not mine.  That should not be possible.  My buyers are telling me that they cant find my items I have put up.  The 2018 Summer Seller Update is a complete failure and a total mess.    There was nothing in it that helps sellers in anyway, what so ever.  Never in the 18 yrs on ebay have I ever been this frustrated and upset over what has been going on in the last month.  I was pretty upset last fall when the Best Match oprtion was implemented on my Summary page, but this is effecting my sales.....

EBAY FIX THIS ISSUE AND ALL THE OTHERS.  Leave ebay alone stop messing with what works....

Message 59 of 78
latest reply

I agree, since March my sales have declined and are down 75% compared to the same period a year ago. Sales in June and July are horrible. No reply from Ebay. Expectations placed on sellers increases every year, but Ebay does not deliver us the same.
Message 60 of 78
latest reply