cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Night mode dark theme breaks app

Please help. The new theme breaks the app, I can't see my text when I go to log in, it's all white, leaving me to log in blind, and once in the app, many buttons are simply missing because they aren't displayed properly. Please fix or revert, we should have been given a choice. 

Message 3 of 138
latest reply
137 REPLIES 137

Re: Black color Background

Still no joy for me.  Deleted app and reinstalled but it' still black. Deleted app again. 

Will just shop on Amazon prime for a while until this is fixed.

Message 46 of 138
latest reply

Still have black background after latest update. This seems to have started after the last update. Ebay, could you not roll back users to the previous update, before the trouble started, and then once the beta testers have confirmed problem fixed, roll out a new update for all?

Message 47 of 138
latest reply

Hi - dark theme still present.
It is like a "day or night" option but with no way of altering in settings.
I uninstalled yesterday and installed from fresh - no joy - still "black~" with areas (menus) having black text on black background - I'm having to work from memory as to which to click on (ie "sort by" lists).
Samsung S5 Neon android 6.0.1
Hope you find a fix soon as this is making using Ebay rather difficult.
Thanks
Message 48 of 138
latest reply

Galaxy S7 - same issue since last update

Message 49 of 138
latest reply

Hi again,
Well - without turning my phone off or (apparently) downloading any new ebay app updates the standard "white background - black text" appeared all by itself!
I'm turning the phone off overnight now hopeful that all will be back to "normal" tomorrow.
Thank you
Martin

Message 50 of 138
latest reply

@mobile_feedback

I've been doing alot of testing today and I think I narrowed it down a bit. I'm running a up to date Pixel XL I went into my phone settings and disabled the scheduled turn on for the system night mode this afternoon, well before it turns everything Amber. The eBay app was normal white theme all day. Once the sun had set (when the night mode would have turned on) the app stayed white and fully functional. To test this, i closed out the eBay app, went into system settings and turned on the night light more and when I went back into the eBay app, it turned to black and all the problems occurred. To double check, I exited out of the eBay app, went back into system settings, deactivated the scheduled night mode and turned it off, then rebooted my phone. When it restarted, I opened eBay and it worked again and was back to white "day" theme. So, it's definitely (at least on Google Pixel) to be connected to the night mode, but I'm not sure how/why.

Message 51 of 138
latest reply

I got dark mode and when I uninstalled the app restarted my phone and installed it again it went back to normal.
But now it's back at dark mode.
Honestly I like dark mode but you just can't read anything if they could make a dark mood that worked I would use it
If it helps I have a Google pixel
Message 52 of 138
latest reply

I'm on the latest 5.18.1.2 on both of my phones and it's only on dark mode on my Google Pixel 2XL running latest March security patch Android 8.1.

On my LG V20 running nougat, it is the original white theme.

I like dark theme Dr on some apps but not on this eBay app. I hope you guys figure out what's causing this and push a fix.

Cheers.
Message 53 of 138
latest reply

Downgraded to 5.17.1.1 and got the white theme back. 🤘
Message 54 of 138
latest reply

Oh dear - I spoke too soon.

Turning my phone on this morning I find the black background returns.

Any joy in fixing yet?

Message 55 of 138
latest reply

doesnt help

@mobile_feedbackwrote:

@leopard2012-us @christian_klueber @snop-snop @charchau9tpm6o @corner_deals

Please update to the latest release from tonight. It should have this issue fixed. Please let us know if you are still seeing the dark theme.

Message 56 of 138
latest reply

I can confirm that I have done the same test as deadcheshirecat and get the same outcome. I'm using the Razer Phone.

Message 57 of 138
latest reply

Please explain why I have to have a BLACK  . Back ground it's just not on can't even .change it in setting please please please .  Get rid of it ASAP ..  

Message 58 of 138
latest reply

@wwickedd @deadcheshirecat @gertude_666 @master_x_24 @tim_3k

Thank you for posting the issue. We are aware and trying to troubleshoot this. 

Could you let us know what type of device and OS version you are using?

Thanks

Message 59 of 138
latest reply

Google Pixel XL, Android 8.1.0

Message 60 of 138
latest reply