cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Night mode dark theme breaks app

Please help. The new theme breaks the app, I can't see my text when I go to log in, it's all white, leaving me to log in blind, and once in the app, many buttons are simply missing because they aren't displayed properly. Please fix or revert, we should have been given a choice. 

Message 3 of 138
latest reply
137 REPLIES 137

Re: Night mode dark theme breaks app

And now it's back to black, nothing has changed with phone settings at all. Should it be doing this? 

Message 31 of 138
latest reply

@deadcheshirecat

No, it should be staying on the light theme. Could you turn off twilight mode and see if it works properly? Did it switch while you were using the app or was it between launches? Could you verify you are using version 5.18.1 under settings?

Message 32 of 138
latest reply

Hello 

How do I actiacti a night theme on ebay? Is it from the app itself? Or is it done by applying a thrmr to the phone? ImI on an unrooted att lgv10 with little that can be tweaked or changed. 

Thanks 

Message 33 of 138
latest reply

Dark theme still persists even after the update, no fix

Message 34 of 138
latest reply

Here as well - not fixed, still black background.

Message 35 of 138
latest reply

Well, I get to the website.  But, no download appears.  Just sits at a blank screen!!

Message 36 of 138
latest reply

I'm still seeing the black theme. Using Google Pixel 2, eBay app was fine but now unusable due to black filter text on black background. Have updated as instructed and also restarted app. Makes no difference.

Message 37 of 138
latest reply

How can it be turned off ???   Give me an option to enable or disable the Black theme . 

I can not turn it off.  Using Galaxy S7.   Installed latest eBay app version today. 

Message 38 of 138
latest reply

I've also got the black background issue.  Is there anyway of going back to previous version of app?

Message 39 of 138
latest reply

My app was fine until I just updated 30min ago at 11pm then it all went black.  I really can' use app like this. Please revert to old version until you can fix this issue.

Galaxy S2 tablet.

Message 40 of 138
latest reply

Do NOT like the black background. Called EBAY to tell them how much I hate this.  Go back to the white with black text. Android user and I can't find any options of reverting back.

Message 41 of 138
latest reply

Another update today, but none of the bugs were fixed. It's getting ridiculous... 

Message 42 of 138
latest reply

Was having same problem but deleted app and in taled  from the galaxy store instead of play store and all is back to normal 

Message 43 of 138
latest reply

I have a Note 8 with the latest software update, and my ebay app did update today, but it still has the same dark theme with issues.

I also completely uninstalled and reinstalled the app 5 min ago, but nothing changed.

Message 44 of 138
latest reply

Funny thing, my app is doing the same thing. It updated and now it's black. Did another update today..still black.
Message 45 of 138
latest reply