cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Night mode dark theme breaks app

Please help. The new theme breaks the app, I can't see my text when I go to log in, it's all white, leaving me to log in blind, and once in the app, many buttons are simply missing because they aren't displayed properly. Please fix or revert, we should have been given a choice. 

Message 3 of 138
latest reply
137 REPLIES 137

Google Pixel. 8.1
Message 61 of 138
latest reply

Android Samsung S7 latest OS version 7

Like the others I have the black screen, I have uninstalled and reinstalled  app from Google play store but same issue. Look forward to a fix asap. 

Message 62 of 138
latest reply

Same issue. Please fix it quickly. Thanks

Message 63 of 138
latest reply

Every time I open the app it opens in like a night mode or something. I can't see all the options like the buttons and whatnot. Please fix. Just happened when it last updated

Message 64 of 138
latest reply

Same issue with me

Google Pixel 2 XL

Message 65 of 138
latest reply

Same problem here - black background/night mode. Cleared cache and memory, uninstalled ebay app, reinstalled app: same problem. 

OnePlus 5, android 8.0

Please fix soon, like everyone else, can't use app, eBay mobile site is too limiting and full eBay site on phone screen is too difficult to use. I hate to say this because I don't want it to come across as a threat, but I have to shop somewhere else until this is fixed, like I'm sure a lot of people are doing. . 

Message 66 of 138
latest reply

With all due respect, this a horrible suggestion, to install unverified apk, compromizing eBay account, associated paypal, and all possible malware that can hop alongside 

Message 67 of 138
latest reply

On my phone, I have the opposite problem: search results appear as white on white. I purposefully delayed updating the app after negative reports, but this white on white switchover happened anyway on an older version of the app. I updated to the most recent version of the app thinking that might solve it, but no joy. My phone is an HTC One M8 running Android 6.Screenshot_20180307-224722.png

Message 68 of 138
latest reply

Same problem here on razer phone

Message 69 of 138
latest reply

I too now have this dark theme problem so have had to resort to Amazon for the things I wish to buy. I have the Google pixel 2

Message 70 of 138
latest reply

Same problem

spent all night trying to fix it and not spent a penny an eBay .

sent me crazy 

Message 71 of 138
latest reply

Also Suffering Black theme problem with latest Ebay app version 5.18.1.2.

Running: Nexus 6P

Android 8.1.0, February 2018 patchset, Build OPM5.171019.015

Message 72 of 138
latest reply

Same problem over here with a samsung s5. Please fix this problem as im having problems selling/shipping with ebay.

Message 73 of 138
latest reply

Tried it again this morning. Downloaded app but it' still dark.  What the hell eBay, it' been a week already,  JUST GO BACK TO THE PREVIOUS VERSION OF THE APP THAT WORKED!!!

Message 74 of 138
latest reply

**bleep** now using the desktop site on my tablet is going screwy too. Not dark but my 'saved searches' setting seem to have all gone to **bleep**.

Message 75 of 138
latest reply