cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Night mode dark theme breaks app

Please help. The new theme breaks the app, I can't see my text when I go to log in, it's all white, leaving me to log in blind, and once in the app, many buttons are simply missing because they aren't displayed properly. Please fix or revert, we should have been given a choice. 

Message 3 of 138
latest reply
137 REPLIES 137

Re: Black color Background

This is a recent change, it has only been in the last few days. No settings have been changed on my phone. Google pixel XL. I do have a Google system twilight mode enabled, but the eBay app used to work fine with it. I even tried turning off the system night mode  and the eBay app stays black. I've  tried everything, including making sure everything is up to date and reinstalling the eBay app.

Message 16 of 138
latest reply

It just switched in the middle of browsing listings 17:51 eastern time zone

Message 17 of 138
latest reply

I'm not an app developer but from my knowledge the night mode just needs optimization on some Android devices, the font colours in some instances match the colour of the background, making the night mode theme just incomplete.

As for the fix, I've already answered that! Just downgrade the app to disable the night theme mode from auto toggling. Linked in my first post... 🙄

Message 18 of 138
latest reply

I also have a Pixel. Just happened for me with the recent update to the eBay app. 

Message 19 of 138
latest reply

@gruverecords @deadcheshirecat 

We are looking for some customers who are having this issue to get into our beta group. If you are interested please email us at androidhelp@ebay.com and let us know.

Thanks

Message 20 of 138
latest reply

@charchau9tpm6o @leopard2012-us @snop-snop @corner_deals @racerblx

We are looking for some customers who are having this issue to get into our beta group. If you are interested please email us at androidhelp@ebay.com and let us know.

Thanks

Message 21 of 138
latest reply

eBay is hopeless fix this can't follow watch items OR buy !!!!

Message 22 of 138
latest reply

Definitely interested, I've emailed as requested. Thanks for trying to fix this! 

Message 23 of 138
latest reply

The same problem here on my Galaxy S5 since the last ebay app update! 

Message 24 of 138
latest reply

You can actually log in, but the username and password fields are white text on white background now.. M
Message 25 of 138
latest reply

It seems that I cannot connect to file.town.  I've done everything in your instructions, except for the fact I cannot reach the website!!

Message 26 of 138
latest reply

@deadcheshirecat @jarhead5811 @christian_klueber @07817604838 @gruverecords

The update is now live that should have this issue corrected.

Let us know if you are still getting the dark theme

Message 27 of 138
latest reply

@leopard2012-us @christian_klueber @snop-snop @charchau9tpm6o @corner_deals

Please update to the latest release from tonight. It should have this issue fixed. Please let us know if you are still seeing the dark theme.

Message 28 of 138
latest reply

The majority of the app is night theme,the couple of menus that were "missing/broken" are now white,like the normal daytime mode (see picture,same menu as my first post screenshot)

If the font color were changed, maybe the menus could stay same color as the rest? 

Message 29 of 138
latest reply

Now it's back to all white daytime theme, everything readable.

Message 30 of 138
latest reply