cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Night mode dark theme breaks app

Please help. The new theme breaks the app, I can't see my text when I go to log in, it's all white, leaving me to log in blind, and once in the app, many buttons are simply missing because they aren't displayed properly. Please fix or revert, we should have been given a choice. 

Message 3 of 138
latest reply
137 REPLIES 137

Re: Night mode dark theme breaks app

Same problem on S9+, I am using Amazon now, faster shipping and no hassles, I can even return unwanted items to Kohl's!

Message 121 of 138
latest reply

Hi All,

I face this issue also. 

Already found how to solve it.

I use Nova Launcher for my Oreo.

And the setting for Night Mode was set to always. When I change it to never, ebay app now readable.

But i thing ebay should fix this, since other app doesn't have this issue even with night mode always on. 

Message 122 of 138
latest reply

Edit :

Still face this issue... 😑

Message 123 of 138
latest reply

Yeah same problems here can't see my watchers and can't do highest to lowest in search

Message 124 of 138
latest reply

Same here! App is useless, please fix it! 

Message 125 of 138
latest reply

So how do you change these settings without Nova?

Message 126 of 138
latest reply

OK, I found a way to temporarily get out of the black mode of death, I just stumbled on it and it goes right back to black when you force close the app and reopen it but I was able to get it back to normal color again but it is a real pain. This may just be a glitch on my S9+; I open the app, touch the 3 lines in the top left then the small drop down arrow, there is now two options here for me 1) “profile” and 2) “sign out”. If you select sign out and then cancel it then quickly select "profile" it snaps it back to regular view (without all the blackness) and stays that way until the app is force closed and restarted, it is then back to the blackness of death. It does not work every time but keep playing with it and works, it is repeatable, I have done it 3 times now. Now I have to keep my app open all the time so it stays in normal color view. As soon as I have the rest of my orders I think I am going to ditch e-Bay for good.

Message 127 of 138
latest reply

Yea, I can confirm it works almost every time now. Once you cancel the “sign out” you have to touch the 3 lines again and then the small triangle to get back to the menu with the “profile” and “sigh out” options once again and then click on “profile”, then it goes back to normal colors. I hope this works for others with the same problem I had.

Message 128 of 138
latest reply

If you touch the right side the print shows up.
Message 129 of 138
latest reply

Mine is random. 

Sometimes it's fine and sometimes it's dark. It's annoying

Message 131 of 138
latest reply

Someone had temporary fix which is working for now.

In the mobile app, the 3dot, profile or signout, click on sign out and then cancel it, then go to profile, then back to home, now it's light mode again, probably will stay until I kill the app or it kills itself. Then will need to do the sign out and cancel then profile then back to home.

Message 132 of 138
latest reply

Dark Theme is rolling out to customers on the latest version of the app, you can turn it on and off in the app settings. We look forward to hearing how you like it. 

Please keep your apps up to date.

Thanks!

Message 133 of 138
latest reply

Sorry but I've just downloaded the app again on my tablet (Samsung s2) and it' still black so no it's not fixed.   Going to delete again and carry on using Amazon until this is fixed.

Message 134 of 138
latest reply

Ok it's fixed!   I tried to edit the above but ran out of time.   Anyway you need to go back I to app store and UPDATE app even if you juat did a fresh download.   Then it'll be back to normal.  Note to eBay.........test your app's a little more carefully and have a roll back facility **bleep**

Message 135 of 138
latest reply