cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Received email with triplethrill coupon code- Not Working

Greetings,

I received an Ebay email today about a ebay 15.00 off coupon (use thripethrill) up to 3 x  for purchase over 75.00 etc..

So, I tried using this code on pc and then again in app on phone and both times it says, Ooops, looks like this code is not working etc..

Why does ebay send these coupon emails if they dont even work?

Message 1 of 67
latest reply
66 REPLIES 66

Re: Received email with triplethrill coupon code- Not Working

I also called CS about this issue.  I received the initial email from eBay on November 18th @ 4:48pm to my personal eBay account email.  I waited to use the coupon on an auction that had ended this morning and like everyone else - the coupon did not work.

I called CS who tried to tell me that I never received an email from eBay -- I said I'm looking at the email right now.   eBay has edited everything in the email except for the title "Time to try out the eBay app! You can use this coupon for 3 app purchases!"  I did not get any immediate results while talking with CS.   Instead, I now have to wait for a supervisor to get back with me.  I don't understand why they couldn't have just done this over the phone.  

Thanks for the headache eBay.

Message 46 of 67
latest reply

The coupon code isn't working; I received the same email. When I go back to the original email with the message, the coupon has disappeared. You can't even find it in your account under Activity. I don't think this is a workable solution.

Message 47 of 67
latest reply

@landosfolly wrote:

I called ebay and they said the coupon isn’t from them, it’s a scam. So if you clicked the link and tried to sign in, you probably gave them your login info. Change your password asap.

Just as an aside..

@Anonymous why do we constantly see posts like this where CS gives members the wrong info about promos/coupons? Can they not be taught/coached to just say "I don't know but I'll find out and get back to you" rather than just say it's a scam?

Message 48 of 67
latest reply

The email I got has been changed too. The title is the same, but the offer, terms, dates, exclusions, code, etc...everything is gone. It's been changed to a generic marketing email. Not a happy camper.

It's not the crime, it's the coverup (changing the email) that I find concerning and in extremely poor taste. Terrible way to treat buyers!
Déjà Moo: The strange feeling that I've heard this bull before...
Message 49 of 67
latest reply

Anonymous
Not applicable

@pink.fish.rule wrote:

@landosfolly wrote:

I called ebay and they said the coupon isn’t from them, it’s a scam. So if you clicked the link and tried to sign in, you probably gave them your login info. Change your password asap.

Just as an aside..

@Anonymous why do we constantly see posts like this where CS gives members the wrong info about promos/coupons? Can they not be taught/coached to just say "I don't know but I'll find out and get back to you" rather than just say it's a scam?

Hi @pink.fish.rule, this is a great question! If a member reports receiving an email related to a promotion, but there is not a copy of this message in their eBay messages, the most likely cause is that the email they received is not from eBay and that caution should be taken to avoid compromising their account. The situation we've been specifically been discussing here was a mistake on eBay's part, but the initial response from Customer Service was based on the information available at that time and was appropriately wary. Customer Service still passed along these reports for review, which helped us identify an issue on our end. After this was identified, we communicated an update to our Customer Service teams on how to best address this situation moving forward. Anyone who contacted Customer Service initially would have likely been guided to report the email they received to Spoof@eBay.com as this was the best course of action based on the information available at that time. With new information now being available, Customer Service is able to review for eligibility and compensation where appropriate.

Though I understand there have been other reports of similar situations to this one shared on the boards, and we are certainly working towards avoiding these issues altogether, I do want to clarify that this kind of problem is the exception and not the rule. The number of promotions that do not work, are sent to the wrong segment of our Community, or otherwise run into issues make up only a small fraction of the overall promotions that are sent out. Customer Service should be recommending Spoof@eBay.com be contacted in situations like this so further investigation can be pursued.

Message 50 of 67
latest reply

@nostalgiadonut wrote:

I also called CS about this issue.  I received the initial email from eBay on November 18th @ 4:48pm to my personal eBay account email.  I waited to use the coupon on an auction that had ended this morning and like everyone else - the coupon did not work.

I called CS who tried to tell me that I never received an email from eBay -- I said I'm looking at the email right now.   eBay has edited everything in the email except for the title "Time to try out the eBay app! You can use this coupon for 3 app purchases!"  I did not get any immediate results while talking with CS.   Instead, I now have to wait for a supervisor to get back with me.  I don't understand why they couldn't have just done this over the phone.  

eBay is sweeping this under the rug and pretending it never happened

Message 51 of 67
latest reply

Anonymous
Not applicable

@broadwaynyc wrote:

@nostalgiadonut wrote:

Hi @broadwaynyc, as I've confirmed in this thread multiple times, we are absolutely able to honor this promotion as soon as we can review the items you would like to purchase for eligibility and compensation. We have made the decision to provide those who were mistakenly sent an email about this promotion with assistance, they only need to contact Customer Service to have this reviewed.

Message 52 of 67
latest reply

@Anonymous wrote:

@broadwaynyc wrote:

@nostalgiadonut wrote:

Hi @broadwaynyc, as I've confirmed in this thread multiple times, we are absolutely able to honor this promotion as soon as we can review the items you would like to purchase for eligibility and compensation. We have made the decision to provide those who were mistakenly sent an email about this promotion with assistance, they only need to contact Customer Service to have this reviewed.

You don't seem to understand.

I don't want to waste 15 minutes on this talking to your CSRs.

I want an unique code to use.

And I want the $15   3x !

There was no need to talk to a CSR when using the other code!!!!!

Message 53 of 67
latest reply

Anonymous
Not applicable

@broadwaynyc wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@broadwaynyc wrote:

@nostalgiadonut wrote:

Hi @broadwaynyc, no misunderstanding on my part; you have been clear that you do not want to contact Customer Service to pursue a coupon for this issue. While I know this is not the answer you are hoping for, I can only reiterate that your only option is to contact Customer Service. 

Message 54 of 67
latest reply

for those that received coupons from customer support, are they somehow locked to the particular specific 3 items mentioned to the representative?

Message 55 of 67
latest reply

... For example, would you be out of luck if someone else bought a one-of-a-kind buy-it-now item that you were targeting, before the representative called back "within 24 hours" with details on the compensatory coupons?

Message 56 of 67
latest reply

@Anonymous wrote:

@broadwaynyc wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@broadwaynyc wrote:

@nostalgiadonut wrote:

Hi @broadwaynyc, no misunderstanding on my part; you have been clear that you do not want to contact Customer Service to pursue a coupon for this issue. While I know this is not the answer you are hoping for, I can only reiterate that your only option is to contact Customer Service. 

And what?

Explain everything all over from start to finish?

No thanks!

There are other websites where I get savings and don't have to waste my time.

You as in eBay know what to do, but you refuse to do it.

That's my answer as to how much you really "sorry" about this mistake and want to make it right.

Message 57 of 67
latest reply

@square-root-of-negative-one wrote:

for those that received coupons from customer support, are they somehow locked to the particular specific 3 items mentioned to the representative?

From what I was reading from others, the CSR want to know what you are buying.

They want to see it in your cart.

Then you call up and explain everything which is time waster in all of this.

I don't understand why I have to call.

eBay knows who got the email and who bought using the code.

I mean that's how the contents of the emails we received had the JPG/PNG with the promo code were deleted.

All eBay has to do is put the codes into the messages in the Inbox and we go on on merry way buying stuff.

As it is, I have no intention wasting 15 minutes explaining to the CSR from start to finish about the mess up with the code.

Message 58 of 67
latest reply

Called CS and was given only one promocode.

Message 59 of 67
latest reply

It is simply a one-time coupon loaded to your eBay acct: If you noticed that you added an XL shirt to your cart but needed a medium etc, you could delete one item and add another without calling CS again.

Message 60 of 67
latest reply