cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Received email with triplethrill coupon code- Not Working

Greetings,

I received an Ebay email today about a ebay 15.00 off coupon (use thripethrill) up to 3 x  for purchase over 75.00 etc..

So, I tried using this code on pc and then again in app on phone and both times it says, Ooops, looks like this code is not working etc..

Why does ebay send these coupon emails if they dont even work?

Message 1 of 67
latest reply
66 REPLIES 66

Re: Received email with triplethrill coupon code- Not Working

@square-root-of-negative-one wrote:

... For example, would you be out of luck if someone else bought a one-of-a-kind buy-it-now item that you were targeting, before the representative called back "within 24 hours" with details on the compensatory coupons?

I think the fine print on these coupons is written by the same person who inscribed the Lords Prayer on the head of a pin.

If it was a "one-of-a-kind buy-it-now item that you were targeting", I don't think I'd wait for a 15.00 coupon. Well, 99% of the time only look at auctions anyway; sometimes the coupons would expire before the auction ends anyway. So I don't worry about them. IF I had something OOAK I was looking for, and it came up as a BIN, it would usually be 500-2000 anyway, so 15 bucks wouldn't even cover the sales tax. In most cases I would wait until one comes up at auction somewhere.

Message 61 of 67
latest reply

By the time I called (on the 21st , around 10AM Eastern)  CS seemed to be aware of this issue.  There was some difficulty making them understand that I wanted 3 uses, as the offer promised.  One code was sent directly to my ebay account, about 30 minutes after my call.  I used that one, but when I returned to the site about 4 hours later, no more codes.   Call Number Two: I explained again, was promised 2 more codes;  one arrived after a while & I used it, then.... no third code.  Call Number Three:  the Rep had me hold on, while he zapped the final code to my account.  All 3 replacement codes were actually good on prices less than $75 & whatever item I wanted,  but I'd already used the first two on $75+ purchases.  In fact, I had already "bought it now" on one item, when I discovered the nonworking code.  I let the seller know that I he'd definitely be paid as soon as this mess was cleared, and even if it wasn't cleared .  

Anyway, problem solved with some prompting and waiting on "hold" ....  By the way,  the 6 people to whom I spoke were all friendly and very pleasant, as I try to be in such situations.   

Message 62 of 67
latest reply

I got the promotion, acknowledgement from them it didn't work, but ebay have no interest in re- issuing the code.

Bait advertising...Hope they get fined.

Message 63 of 67
latest reply

@corekitesusa wrote:

I got the promotion, acknowledgement from them it didn't work, but ebay have no interest in re- issuing the code.

Bait advertising...Hope they get fined.

EBay sent me an email acknowledging a mistake. It was a one-time code for 10% off.

Not even 15%. I did not bother using it.

Message 64 of 67
latest reply

ebay coupons are a complete scam. This is how ebay states that they should be used - https://pages.ebay.com/couponsvibrant/

But I keep getting these coupon emails from ebay and they are NEVER in my account...

Message 65 of 67
latest reply

Hello Everyone,

Due to the age of the thread, it has been closed to further replies.  Please feel free to start a new thread HERE if you wish to continue to discuss this topic.

Thanks for understanding!

Message 66 of 67
latest reply

Anonymous
Not applicable

@randem06 wrote:

ebay coupons are a complete scam. This is how ebay states that they should be used - https://pages.ebay.com/couponsvibrant/

But I keep getting these coupon emails from ebay and they are NEVER in my account...

Hi @randem06, happy to clear up some confusion. The best resource for coupons and discounts can be found here: https://www.ebay.com/help/buying/paying-items/coupons-discounts?id=4034. The page you have shared is specifically for coupons that have been issued to your account, usually by Customer Service. Emails advertising coupon codes or promotional discounts do not usually coincide with a coupon being issued to your account, but instead allow you to use a promotional code at checkout. You can always see what steps you need to take to qualify for and redeem an offer by reviewing Terms & Conditions and if you have questions, don't hesitate to contact Customer Service.

Message 67 of 67
latest reply