cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Received email with triplethrill coupon code- Not Working

Greetings,

I received an Ebay email today about a ebay 15.00 off coupon (use thripethrill) up to 3 x  for purchase over 75.00 etc..

So, I tried using this code on pc and then again in app on phone and both times it says, Ooops, looks like this code is not working etc..

Why does ebay send these coupon emails if they dont even work?

Message 1 of 67
latest reply
66 REPLIES 66

The email message, if it's like the one I received, has a link that directs to an information page with coupon details and terms & conditions.

This informational page is hosted directly on the pages.ebay.com domain.

Almost certainly not a scam, just incompetence and miscommunication. Perhaps the marketing department forgot to tell developers when to add the coupon to the database.

Message 16 of 67
latest reply

It looks like eBay made a mistake and sent us a code that was not activated on their side.
Message 17 of 67
latest reply

Same issue here as well.  Tried multiple times and even tried copy paste.  says its not a valid code.  This email came direct from ebay and is NOT a scam.  It was also on their own site and if you click on the link in the email on a phone it opens ebay and does the normal pass through. 

Message 18 of 67
latest reply

You talked with someone that is rather incompetent. I work in IT and a quick look at the headers (coding) shows it was indeed from ebay.
Message 19 of 67
latest reply

Coupon not working for me

Message 20 of 67
latest reply

@landosfolly wrote:

I called ebay and they said the coupon isn’t from them, it’s a scam. So if you clicked the link and tried to sign in, you probably gave them your login info. Change your password asap.

I haven't tried my coupon yet but I really think CS is incorrect
 it appears to be from ebay
The Link below for the promo appears to be a true ebay page , you can spot fakes by using the security link to identify fakes

https://pages.ebay.com/securitycenter/stay_safe.html

Is everyone doing more then 75.00 ? is it from more then 1 seller ?
Are all the sellers Paypal or split between Managed payments & Paypal

https://pages.ebay.com/promo/2019/1112/qW57gHtffB3k.html

Seems like everyone is having issues
@Anonymous 
Can you verify this is a good coupon.
I agree with posts on other boards confused as to why it came yesterday 11/18 and says it was good from Nov.12th so wondering what the issue is with this coupon .
There are plenty of posts about it not working 

Message 21 of 67
latest reply

They'll probably say they are working on having a fix in place by midnight PST Friday 11/22.

Message 22 of 67
latest reply

Smiley Very Happy

Lots of upset buyers . There are more then then this post 
I could keep adding the threads links & may so Trinton can look into it .

https://community.ebay.com/t5/Payments/Coupon-not-working-Happens-often/qaq-p/30428456/jump-to/first...

Message 23 of 67
latest reply

I got this email and so did my niece.   It isn't working for either of us!  Why send me an email to say I have this great coupon to use and then not have it be a working coupon?  I'm not happy.

Message 24 of 67
latest reply

I tried it in my phone’s eBay app and got “It looks like that’s the wrong code.”

Message 25 of 67
latest reply

Had the same problem. I reinstalled the app, tried the code many times on different products, logged in and out, and it didn't work. Seems like the only concrete solution now is to call eBay and they will give you a 15$ off coupon, and 2 more if you request for more codes, which is what they did for me. 

Message 26 of 67
latest reply

Called them and spent about 20 minutes on phone between a couple of people and looks like they are doing similar on my account right now. Unfortunately it didn't sound like they were going to fix issue (they may not know at this contact point though). well blast it, order went through and code didn't work. they issued me a $15 code for anything that costs at least $15 now. Not really happy so going to walk away from computer right now. Just wanted to let everyone know they can get it by calling as bluemangopix posted.
Message 27 of 67
latest reply

Same here. called in but they said yes, I did receive the email but I should check my ebay messages for promo?

Why even send the email??

This is the second time they have done this ini past 2 months.

I will be cancelling my ebay account this afternoon. They is a bait n switch game and poor sales tactics.

Message 28 of 67
latest reply

Anonymous
Not applicable

@labs118 wrote:

@landosfolly wrote:

I called ebay and they said the coupon isn’t from them, it’s a scam. So if you clicked the link and tried to sign in, you probably gave them your login info. Change your password asap.

I haven't tried my coupon yet but I really think CS is incorrect
 it appears to be from ebay
The Link below for the promo appears to be a true ebay page , you can spot fakes by using the security link to identify fakes

https://pages.ebay.com/securitycenter/stay_safe.html

Is everyone doing more then 75.00 ? is it from more then 1 seller ?
Are all the sellers Paypal or split between Managed payments & Paypal

https://pages.ebay.com/promo/2019/1112/qW57gHtffB3k.html

Seems like everyone is having issues
@Anonymous 
Can you verify this is a good coupon.
I agree with posts on other boards confused as to why it came yesterday 11/18 and says it was good from Nov.12th so wondering what the issue is with this coupon .
There are plenty of posts about it not working 

Hi @labs118, I would need to see some examples of what items have been selected for checkout to check eligibility requirements. Anytime a coupon is received in eBay messages from eBay, it can be assured that the promotion is genuinely from us. If anyone has examples of what they are trying to buy with this promotion, I'll be happy to look into it for them.

Keep in mind that various promotions have eligibility requirements for factors such as dollar amount, category, buying platform (ie. the mobile app or desktop site), etc. Be sure to check that the items being purchased meet the terms & conditions of the promotion, that the discount code is spelled correctly, and that the code was received by the account you are logged into when attempting to checkout (as most coupons are account specific and would not be usable by every member of the Community). If the purchase should be eligible but is not for unknown reasons, then we can get this reported to our tech teams and look into appropriate next steps for compensation.

Note: For the TRIPLETHRILL coupon specifically, we have identified that the email for this promotion was incorrectly sent to some members but we will be able to issue compensation to anyone impacted by this as soon as they contact Customer Service to discuss the items in their cart we confirm eligibility.

Message 29 of 67
latest reply

I have tried several different items and get same error for code. I called in today and spoke with (heidi) rep. She was gone for a good 5 minutes only to return to tell me that yes, I did receive the email but it is not working if message is not in my ebay messages? There was no solution or offer. This is the 2nd time ebay has done this. 

items that I have tried to purchase. All items over 75.00

Message 30 of 67
latest reply