cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Received email with triplethrill coupon code- Not Working

Greetings,

I received an Ebay email today about a ebay 15.00 off coupon (use thripethrill) up to 3 x  for purchase over 75.00 etc..

So, I tried using this code on pc and then again in app on phone and both times it says, Ooops, looks like this code is not working etc..

Why does ebay send these coupon emails if they dont even work?

Message 1 of 67
latest reply
66 REPLIES 66

Re: Received email with triplethrill coupon code- Not Working

It’s definitely eBay, there wasn’t any sign in page for me, it just went to my eBay. eBay getting hacked is the only way but that’s extremely unlikely
Message 31 of 67
latest reply

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @ufdoc14, check your activity tab in your account for available coupons. I noticed that the expiration date on your coupons is longer than it should be, but this won't be changed so you will simply have more time than most. I just wanted to touch on it in case the difference between your coupon expiration dates and other members' leads to any confusion.

Message 32 of 67
latest reply

Thanks Trinton.. you were able to do what 2 others could not.. much appreciated.  Smiley Happy

Message 33 of 67
latest reply

This has to be the most frustrating experience I've ever had with eBay.  I got the <REALLY FROM EBAY> email last night with the TRIPLETHRILL coupon code.  I tried to get it working a number of times and it just wasn't working.

I called this morning and talked to the first CS rep for a while and he had me try it a few times, but then suggested I download the ebay app on my laptop and try that.  20 minutes of searching later I figure out that it used to exist, but got discontinued at some point.  Why are Ebay reps telling me to download software from their own company that no longer exists???

Then after that waste of time I call back again this afternoon.  This CS rep then proceeds to tell me both that 1) the email I received was NOT from ebay and that 2) I didn't get the email, someone must have just told me the coupon code.  Being called a liar really **bleep** me off.  If your system is incorrectly generating emails to customers, own up to it and admit what happened.  Don't tell me I didn't get the email or that it really wasn't from Ebay (which is it, because those two things are incompatible).  I ended that call, it is completely uncalled for to have someone call me a liar and that rep has no business talking to customers ever.

Triton -> You posted that anyone who received the email has been contacted and rectifed, but I want to let you know that isn't the case and my two encounters with Ebay customer support are two of the worst customer service encounters I've ever had in my life. 

Feel free to read my account notes and figure out the two reps who are wasting my time telling me to install non-existent software and then calling me a liar.

Message 34 of 67
latest reply

i was sent the email and tried to use the TRIPLETHRILL coupon in the APP on ebay item number: 184007556683 and the site kept giving me the error code, is this fixed yet?
Message 35 of 67
latest reply

Anonymous
Not applicable

@ozno.flash wrote:

This has to be the most frustrating experience I've ever had with eBay.  I got the <REALLY FROM EBAY> email last night with the TRIPLETHRILL coupon code.  I tried to get it working a number of times and it just wasn't working.

I called this morning and talked to the first CS rep for a while and he had me try it a few times, but then suggested I download the ebay app on my laptop and try that.  20 minutes of searching later I figure out that it used to exist, but got discontinued at some point.  Why are Ebay reps telling me to download software from their own company that no longer exists???

Then after that waste of time I call back again this afternoon.  This CS rep then proceeds to tell me both that 1) the email I received was NOT from ebay and that 2) I didn't get the email, someone must have just told me the coupon code.  Being called a liar really **bleep** me off.  If your system is incorrectly generating emails to customers, own up to it and admit what happened.  Don't tell me I didn't get the email or that it really wasn't from Ebay (which is it, because those two things are incompatible).  I ended that call, it is completely uncalled for to have someone call me a liar and that rep has no business talking to customers ever.

Triton -> You posted that anyone who received the email has been contacted and rectifed, but I want to let you know that isn't the case and my two encounters with Ebay customer support are two of the worst customer service encounters I've ever had in my life. 

Feel free to read my account notes and figure out the two reps who are wasting my time telling me to install non-existent software and then calling me a liar.

Hi @ozno.flash, I apologize if there was something in my previous response that indicated those who were impacted would be/have been contacted; this is not the case. Members who have received this promotion in error need to contact Customer Service directly to have the items they would like to purchase reviewed for eligibility and compensation. I know this has been a frustrating experience and while I know you contacted us earlier today, at this time you should have no trouble getting this resolved when you talk with Customer Service.

Message 36 of 67
latest reply

Anonymous
Not applicable

@irishboy9780 wrote:
i was sent the email and tried to use the TRIPLETHRILL coupon in the APP on ebay item number: 184007556683 and the site kept giving me the error code, is this fixed yet?

Hi @irishboy9780, since details for this promotion were sent to some members in error, the solution is to call into eBay and have the purchases you would like to make reviewed for eligibility and compensation. Those members who also received a copy of this promotion in their eBay messages will be able to use the coupon code without issue, but for those who do not have a copy of this promotion in their eBay messages the next step is contact Customer Service for further assistance.

Message 37 of 67
latest reply

I just called eBay and was helped by Wilma who got her supervisor’s approval and sent me 3 $15 off coupon codes.
Message 38 of 67
latest reply

Hi

I also got the email but coupon not working. Do I really need to call eBay or you can add the $15 off $75 coupon without calling?

Thanks

Message 39 of 67
latest reply

Anonymous
Not applicable

@jamesxqiu wrote:

Hi

I also got the email but coupon not working. Do I really need to call eBay or you can add the $15 off $75 coupon without calling?

Thanks

Hi @jamesxqiu, you will need to contact Customer Service to have this resolved. You can either call, send a private message to our Facebook page, or direct message our Twitter account.

Message 40 of 67
latest reply

Hi Trinton,

I've already called earlier today and spoke to a representative named Latoya. She mentioned it was an "issue" on ebay's side and it would be resolved soon. She advised me to try again in a couple of hours.

5-6 hours passed, and the code "TRIPLETHRILL" still does not work for me. May I receive a working code please?

Thanks,

Dan

Message 41 of 67
latest reply

Anonymous
Not applicable

@tokyo_g80 wrote:

Hi Trinton,

I've already called earlier today and spoke to a representative named Latoya. She mentioned it was an "issue" on ebay's side and it would be resolved soon. She advised me to try again in a couple of hours.

5-6 hours passed, and the code "TRIPLETHRILL" still does not work for me. May I receive a working code please?

Thanks,

Dan

Hi @tokyo_g80, as I mentioned in my previous responses, those who were impacted would need to contact Customer Service for any further assistance on this promotion.

Message 42 of 67
latest reply

@landosfolly wrote:

I called ebay and they said the coupon isn’t from them, it’s a scam. So if you clicked the link and tried to sign in, you probably gave them your login info. Change your password asap.

brian@ebay another education opportunity.

Member of the Grumpy Old Man crew
Message 43 of 67
latest reply

Yeah. It appears the person I spoke with was full of *bleep*. Super shady of eBay to misdirect customers like that. I called the next day and got the real story that the code was not intended to be sent out in masse like it was. After 3 more phones call and probably an hour on the phone they finally issued me a single $15 credit. And if I want the other two $15 credits, I need to jump through the same hoops for each one.

It’s irritating because I changed all of my passwords thinking I got scammed. Plus I missed out on 2 great deals on items I’ve been watching.

Message 44 of 67
latest reply

It's absurd, irresponsible and unacceptable that we should be required to call and request help,  when ebay certainly has a list of those who received the offer.  They should make this right by sending a valid code to every account which was 'mistakenly' solicited.  

Message 45 of 67
latest reply