cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SELLING ON EBAY FOR OTHERS ON COMMISSION

walkerfarm1108
Enthusiast
Word has gotten out in my small rural community that I am selling on eBay and I've been approached to sell a couple of items for someone else on commission. I read somewhere that some people do this for 20% if the item sells. I'm just wondering if any of you have experience with this and if you do, do you charge to ship the item for them? Do you list under your ID? Is it worth the effort, since time listing for someone else is time taken from my own listings. Anything you can educate me about, before I take this step, I'd like to know. Thanks.
Message 1 of 129
latest reply
128 REPLIES 128

Re: SELLING ON EBAY FOR OTHERS ON COMMISSION

Absolutely agree...stick to something you know something about or do your own research. And never just sell anything. Make sure it is worth it to the seller and you to sell it.
Message 106 of 129
latest reply

Do you still have access to the spreadsheet?  I would love to use it.  Thanks

Message 107 of 129
latest reply

I was recently approeched by a moving company to sell items they receive from customers such as leftover new inventory after a business shuts down. I'm thinking of going ahead with it and after reading the thread that contained your comment I noticed you mentioned a spreadsheet you use to keep track of fees and such. i'd be interested in something like that because if I do take on the client to sell for I will still be selling my own items and I'd like to have an easy way to sort it all out. While I do have a little experience with computers I think I've gotten too old to learn how to create a spreadsheet on my own! If you still have it and are willing to share it send me a message on Ebay or at my email address: jslagle914-cl@yahoo.com I would really appreciate any help! Thank you, Jim Slagle

Message 108 of 129
latest reply

Hi , 

I work as a clerk in a post office and I am also moving from a very large house to an apartment. I mentioned this to an e-bay customer. I told her I should sell things on e-bay but after working with packages all day I could not go home and work with more packages. She offered to sell my stuff for a commission.

I am interested in your spredsheet. Tracking, being fair, and paying my taxes are important to me. I don't know enough about the fees to know how to enter into this an business proposition and access a fair commission calculation.  

Message 109 of 129
latest reply

It is now 4 years later, I've read every post, but.... WHAT SPREADSHEET??!! I'm laughing about it  because I want it, too, just because everyone else does! Honestly, I must have missed it somehow and am reading this thread because I am going to ask my sweet  young friend  who needs extra money to sell my huge & multiple boxes full of used, but fabulous clothing.

I would open another eBay account, allow her to use it (yes, I trust her), pay all of the eBay/PayPal fees, and do all of the packing & mailing. She's never sold on eBay, so I'd have to teach her (yuk!), but I will have the ability to log in, edit, answer all questions, take the losses for return postage (double yuk!). So I would be doing alot of the work, taking all the risk for my feedback if she misses something, etc. For this arrangement I would pay her 30% net after all fees. Does this sound fair...to both of us? Hopefully  someone is still out there!

One last question ..... Will she be able to log into my account from another location as long as she has the password? And can we both log in at the same time from 2 different locations or will this set off eBay's tender little alarm bells?

Any help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thanks, everyone! 

Message 110 of 129
latest reply

It is now 4 years later, I've read every post, but.... WHAT SPREADSHEET??!! I'm laughing about it  because I want it, too, just because everyone else does! Honestly, I must have missed it somehow and am reading this thread because I am going to ask my sweet  young friend  who needs extra money to sell my huge & multiple boxes full of used, but fabulous clothing. 

I would open another eBay account, allow her to use it (yes, I trust her), pay all of the eBay/PayPal fees, and do all of the packing & mailing. She's never sold on eBay, so I'd have to teach her (yuk!), but I will have the ability to log in, edit, answer all questions, take the losses for return postage (double yuk!). So I would be doing alot of the work, taking all the risk for my feedback if she misses something, etc. For this arrangement I would pay her 30% net after all fees. Does this sound fair...to both of us? Hopefully  someone is still out there!

One last question ..... Will she be able to log into my account from another location as long as she has the password? And can we both log in at the same time from 2 different locations or will this set off eBay's tender little alarm bells?

Any help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thanks, everyone! 

Message 111 of 129
latest reply

Would you be able to tell me the name of that company?
Message 112 of 129
latest reply

Would you mind telling the name of this place?

Message 113 of 129
latest reply

Name of what place?? 

Message 114 of 129
latest reply

I would love to have this spreadsheet if you still have it (I see this post is from 2012). Not sure how you can contact me because I don't think we are allowed to put our personal email on here.
Message 115 of 129
latest reply

What is Cricket?
Message 116 of 129
latest reply

If you have it in writing, I am sure you could, but the person could just say that they decided not to work with you any more. I'd ask an attorney friend if you know one. Seeing as you posted this over a year ago  you've probably already sorted it out one way or another  If you were in my city, I'd pay you 30%! What city are you in  I'm in Memphis.

Elizabeth 

Message 117 of 129
latest reply

Could I get a copy of that spreadsheet if you don't mind sharing. Thanks
lindalee.dickerson@gmail.com
Message 118 of 129
latest reply

I'm not sure what spreadsheet you are all talking about, but I sold some things for someone and I created a spreadsheet for her. I don't know if anyone is interested in it or not. It basically covered eBay sales and the headings were (of course these were abbreviated for space):

I titled the sheet eBay Sales Summary Jan-Jun 2018

(Fees Include sales price and shipping paid)

Date

Item Description

List Price

Cost of Item

Sold Price

Shipping Collected

10% eBay Fees

2.9% PayPal Fees

$.30 PayPal Fee

Shipping Cost

Profit/Loss

Buyer ID

Buyer Name

Sales Tax Collected

Anyway, it worked for us and it kept everything neat for the Tax Man too. I also printed out the invoices for her records. If anyone is interested, you can contact me at lspellett@yahoo.com and I'll be happy to send you a copy.

Linda

Message 119 of 129
latest reply

Thank you for posting this  It will be very helpful if I ever find someone to sell for me here in Memphis. 

Best Wishes, 

Elizabeth Alexander 

Message 120 of 129
latest reply