cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

**EBAY LETTING BAD BUYERS SCAM GOOD SELLERS**

Hi I sold a new never used turntabe to a buyer in singapore and he is saying that i sold him a used one. after having several conversations with him he said he has the same model. now he is saying the new one we sent him has scratches,dents and does not even power up at all. the item was tested before shipping and was free of any damage what so ever.he also now states that my seriel number tag has been removed and glued on crooked. he bought this item and first asked for $400.00 back for partial refund,item sold at auction for $805.00. now he is demanding $350.00 to ship it back and we all know he pulled the switch on the item and will send back a broken old used piece of junk in place of the new on we sent him. he sent me pictures of a totally different item of all sorts of wear and damage that does not match my pictures at all. ebay is saying i have to send him a return shipping label and accept the return.where is MY protection from this kind of fraudulent behavior. without sellers there would not be an EBAY PERIOD...DUH. WAKE UP EBAY. NOW I GUESS I AM SUPPOSED TO BE OUT THE NEW ITEM I SENT AND STUCK WITH A BROKEN PIECE OF JUNK AND OUT THE RETURN SHIPPING COST WHICH WILL BE ASTRONOMICAL. how can ebay side with bad buyers? this buyer only has 2 tranactions and has started his account only a few months ago. HOW STUPID CAN YOU BE? THIS BEHAVIOR MAKES ME NEVER WANT TO USE EBAY AGAIN!!!

THE TOP 2 ARE MY PHOTS THE BOTTOM TWO ARE HIS.

THIS IS OBVIOUSLY NOT THE SAME ITEM.

SELLERS BEWARE!!!

Message 1 of 19
latest reply
18 REPLIES 18

fredgas1 wrote: Hi I sold a new never used turntabe to a buyer in singapore and he is saying that i sold him a used one. THE TOP 2 ARE MY PHOTS THE BOTTOM TWO ARE HIS. THIS IS OBVIOUSLY NOT THE SAME ITEM.

Unfortunately, the photos proove nothing. They are taken at different angles, and the bottom ones are close-ups, the top ones are not. Dents and dings may not show up without a close-up shot. And where are your photos of the serial number?

Hope this helps you. I'm going to eat my pizza now. It's from Hungy Howie's.

animated-20pizza-1-.gif

"When you have the choice to be right or be kind, always choose being kind."---Wayne Dyer
Message 2 of 19
latest reply

I am sorry this happened to you.

I am hoping that you have a clear pic of the seriel number on yours - and just failed to post it  here. Send that to him and to eBay.

2ndly - did you ship this direct, or used the GSP?  If you used GSP - any responsibility for damage is on them.  If not GSP, surely, you insured it?  Check out how to file a claim.

Good luck.

I am a founding member of the eBay Community Expert Group: a USA volunteer mentor with over a decade of experience. I am not an eBay employee.

Live simply. Care deeply. Love generously. Speak kindly. Laugh loudly. Act responsibly. Rejoice daily. Help cheerfully. Plan carefully. Criticize sparingly. Invest wisely. Forgive willingly. Shop seriously. Play fairly. Learn graciously.
Message 3 of 19
latest reply

I am a good seller. But I have also seen bad sellers that ebay has supported.My daughter bought a phone that was clearly "not as described" the seller stated in their title cracked screen and showed a picture that showed a very minor crack on the edge of the phone..but no picture showing the huge crack that ran the whole legnth of the phone. no where in the description was this or any crack mentioned. Due to my daughters infrequent use of ebay she thought it was a complete description because the buyer had 99% positive feedback not realizing that 68 positive total feedback doesnt mean very much at all...The seller refused a return and ebay sided with the seller. case closed. My daughter is out $220 for a completly broken phone and will never buy on ebay again... I know there are scammers out there on all sides. But it is the bad sellers that have driven the buyers away...If you buy with any frequency on this site you know what Im talking about... The like new items that you are shocked by the condition... the items that come reeking like smoke...The crazy unprofessional packaging and lousy shipping practices...and not being able to return something just because it is not what you expected...Let any other marketplace deny a return and see if I would order online from them again. Good buyers ARE being turned off by bad careless sellers and all GOOD sellers are paying for it!!!  Now ebay is going to side with these bad sellers ...we are getting screwed all ways around.

Message 4 of 19
latest reply

i have a picture of my serial number label in my listing but he neglected to send me his photo of the switched label.

Message 5 of 19
latest reply

Be sure eBay gets this pic. And send it to him so he will know you are onto his plan (but don't say anything to him.)  If he sends back something that does not look like that, with the same face plate, I'd think you got him red handed.

Good luck.

I am a founding member of the eBay Community Expert Group: a USA volunteer mentor with over a decade of experience. I am not an eBay employee.

Live simply. Care deeply. Love generously. Speak kindly. Laugh loudly. Act responsibly. Rejoice daily. Help cheerfully. Plan carefully. Criticize sparingly. Invest wisely. Forgive willingly. Shop seriously. Play fairly. Learn graciously.
Message 6 of 19
latest reply

If it was a new item, perhaps, before shipping it, did you take a photo of the box it came in ? That would have the unit serial number on it. Also, perhaps you took a picture of the serial number on the back of the unit ? That would help you immensely with eBay. Used to be someone had to do a strong arm robbery to take your money. Now they only have to log onto a computer. Sorry this happened to. You may wish to change your buyer preferences and stop shipping out of country.

Message 7 of 19
latest reply

Not sure your phone has anything to do with this. OP was complaining about an overseas buyer. P.S.: Never buy a used / damaged phone, especially on this site. If you want a good, working phone, buy a new one from a reputable dealer.

Message 8 of 19
latest reply

I FEEL THAT WE SELLERS NEED TO DO SOMETHING SO THAT EBAY STANDS BEHIND US SELLERS AND STOP GIVING EVERY RIGHT TO THE BUYERS AND LEAVE US SELLERS OUT OF OUR MONEY AND OUR ITEMS AS WELL.  IT SEEMS THAT THE BUYER CAN LIE ABOUT THE ITEM THEY DON`T WANT AND EBAY GIVES THEM THEIR MONEY BACK AND WE DON`T EVEN GET THE OPTION TO APPEAL THE PROBLEM.  I SOLD A POSTER AND DESCRIBED THE DEFECTS ALONG WITH ALL THE PICTURES OF THE DEFECTS.  THE BUYER WANTED CLOSER LOOKS OF THE DEFECTS AND I TOOK MANY PICTURES AND SENT THEM TO THEM.  I TOLD THEM TO PLEASE BE AWARE THAT I HAVE A DO NOT ACCEPT RETURNS POLICY SO MAKE SURE YOU WANT TO PURCHASE THIS ITEM.  I ALSO HAVE THE WORDS "AS IS" IN ALL MY DESCRIPTIONS WETHER IT IS USED OR NEW, MAINLY BECAUSE QUITE A WHILE AGO I WAS TOLD BY AN EBAY REPRESENTATIVE THAT IF THESE WORDS ARE IN MY DESCRIPTION IT WILL COVER MY NO RETURN POLICY.  THAT IS A BIG FAT LIE!!!!!  EBAY TELLS YOU THINGS AND DON`T STAND BEHIND THEM.  ANYWAY, THEY BOUGHT THE POSTER AND DECIDED THAT THEY DID NOT LIKE THE DAMAGES AT THE EDGES OF THE POSTER THAT I SENT PICTURES OF AND ARE SHOWN ON THE DESCRIPTION.  THEY WANTED A REFUND AND OF COURSE I DENIED IT BECAUSE I HAD ALL THE INFROMATION IN MY DESCRIPTION AND SENT EXTRA PICS.  THE RESOLUTION CENTER STOOD BEHIND THE BUYER STATING THEY DID NOT GET THE ITEM THEY BOUGHT. I CALLED EBAY AGAIN TO COMPLAIN AND THEY TOLD ME TO APPEAL AFTER I REFUND THE RETURNED ITEM.  THE ITEM CAME BACK NOT PACKAGED AS I DID AND HAD A GAPING HOLE RIPPED OFF THE SIDE OF THE POSTER.  I CALLED EBAY AGAIN AND TOLD THEM ABOUT THE GAPING HOLE AND I WAS NOT GOING TO REFUND THEM.  THEY SAID I HAD TO AND TO CONTACT BUYER AND OFFER A LESS AMOUNT, WHICH I DID.  NO REPLY.  EBAY THEN TOOK THE MONEY INCLUDING SHIPPING AND PAID THE BUYER FOR THE ITEM AND TOOK THE MONEY FROM MY PAYPAL.  I CALLED THEM TODAY TO APPEAL AND GUESS WHAT!!!!  IF THE ITEM COMES BACK WITH MORE DAMAGE IT`S UNAPPEALABLE!!!!!!!  ARE YOU KIDDING!!!!  SO ACTUALLY MY CUSTOMER, WHO I AM DOING THIS FOR, IS OUT THE MONEY AND THE ITEM HAS A GAPING HOLE OFF THE SIDE WHICH THEY DID AND THEY GOT PAID FOR DOING IT AND THE SELLER CAN DO NOTHING ABOUT IT.  SO WHY DO THEY HAVE A NO RETURN POLICY AND WHY IS THE CUSTOMER ALWAYS RIGHT AND THE SELLER IS ALWAYS WRONG?  THE APPEAL REPRESENTATIVE, MAE, SAYS THEY STAND BY THE BUYER PROTECTION THEY OFFER.  WHAT ABOUT A SELLER PROTECTION?  I DID EVERYTHING AS PER EBAY POLICY STANDARDS AND I STILL LOSE!!!  ALL A CUSTOMER HAS TO DO IS LIE AND THEY GET WHAT THEY WANT.  i EVEN TOLD HER I HAVE PICTURES TO PROVE IT AND SHE SAYS IT DOES NOT MATTER.  I ASKED IF THERE IS ANYONE HIGHER UP THAT I CAN COMPLAIN TO AND NO THEE ISN`T.  THE APPEALS DEPARTMENT IS THE HIGHEST AND SHE ALSO TOLD ME TO CONTACT THE BUYER TO WORK OUT SOMETHING.  I ASKED HER LIKE WHAT?  YOU ALREADY PAID THEM!  WHAT ARE THEY GOING TO DO SINCE THEY DID NOT EVEN RETURN RESPONSE TO MY 50.00 REFUND OFFER FOR THE DAMAGE THEY DID.  AM I CRAZY?  IS IT WORTH DOING BUSINESS WITH EBAY ANYMORE?  I HAVE OVER 1000 ITEMS FOR SALE IN MY STORE BUT TO BE TREATED LIKE THIS, I FEEL STABBED IN THE BACK BY MY OWN COMPANY.  I WILL GO TO THE NEWSPAPER AND TALK TO SOMEONE ABOUT LOOKING INTO EBAY AND THEIR WAY OF TREATING SELLERS AND THEIR RIGHTS.  I AM ALSO PUTTING THIS ON FACEBOOK AND ANYWHERE ELSE I CAN TELL PEOPLE HOW TO RIP OFF ALL US SELLERS BECAUSE HEY,  EBAY ALLOWS IT!!!  BY THE WAY I ALSO ASKED AS TO WHY WE SELLERS ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR ITEMS DAMAGED BY THE POST OFFICE WHEN THE BUYER DOES NOT BUY SHIPPING INSURANCE? GUESS WHAT, NO ANSWER.  IT`S TIME WE SELLERS DO SOMETHING ABOUT HOW WE ARE TREATED BY EBAY. 

Message 9 of 19
latest reply

Yeah what's up with that? I had a similar situation with a gold necklace. The buyer claimed the clasp said 925 when I had sent a 14k gold necklace that I acid tested myself for quality assurance and checked the necklace for those kind of problems a picture of the clasp was also posted by myself and there was no visable markings. So I knew I was being scammed and would get a returned fake necklace and that eBay would support the buyer . It was a lose lose situation for me not to mention the "below standard performance" that is contatanly held over your if you dont comply with eBay. So I just refunded the buyer and told them to keep the necklace. Not even a thank you for the gifted 14k gold necklace. It figures...

Message 10 of 19
latest reply

I read your story. I too have been scammed several times by ebay buyers!  No protection for sellers, Wake up ebay! Although we take multiple photos to prove exactly what we have for sale. I often take twice as many and keep them on file for evidence. But, even when you show ebay and point  this it iout, not the item you had sold the person and have proof, proof. Ebay has given them 100%  refund. Also Charge shipping shiping to your account . Icing on the cake. Then these scammer buyers leave NEGATIVE FEEDBACK!!  Oh and one more thing. The seller cannot leave a negative feedback for such buyers. I have one of these going on right now!  Oh, and numerous hours on phone with no resove. No refund. Nothing bad happens to them. SOOO sorry to hear about this. It is terribly frustating to be scammed. What can we do?

Message 11 of 19
latest reply

Photos prove nothing, you can't prove what was sent by a photo or what was returned
age is a measure of time , wisdom is the measure of how we used that time
Message 12 of 19
latest reply

Unfortunately, as a seller who has been scammed by fraudulent buyers I am now only selling to buyers with established feedback, both in number and in content of feedback. In my listing I am stating this as well. I will lose sales upfront for sure but I rather have that then lose inventory. 

Message 13 of 19
latest reply

99% feedback usually is a TERRIBLE rating on eBay. It's not graded like papers in school where 99% is an A. Any rating at or less than 99.7% is a big fat F!
Message 14 of 19
latest reply

EBay scammed me too. Close your accounts and never use them again.

Message 15 of 19
latest reply