cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SELLING ON EBAY FOR OTHERS ON COMMISSION

walkerfarm1108
Enthusiast
Word has gotten out in my small rural community that I am selling on eBay and I've been approached to sell a couple of items for someone else on commission. I read somewhere that some people do this for 20% if the item sells. I'm just wondering if any of you have experience with this and if you do, do you charge to ship the item for them? Do you list under your ID? Is it worth the effort, since time listing for someone else is time taken from my own listings. Anything you can educate me about, before I take this step, I'd like to know. Thanks.
Message 1 of 129
latest reply
128 REPLIES 128

What u need that I send u their price??
Message 91 of 129
latest reply

I would not do it for any less than 40 percent. Not worth your time, packaging and storing of items otherwise. I do this and still do not come out ahead on some items. Breakage, loss and dealing with customers is all on me. Postage paid by buyers is not charged to my customers but free postage used to entice customers is subtracted from the final cost. Hope this helps
Message 92 of 129
latest reply

Would never do this without having items in hand for your own inspection
Message 93 of 129
latest reply

I advise against it on several counts: It takes time away from the work you would do for your own items.  Also, some individuals will always find fault with the amount of money you give them for the item you sold. Either they do not understand how ebay works, have a problem with the commission you charge, or have unrealistic ideas about the value of their item. Finally, if the buyer is dissatisfied with the item, you are responsible for settling up. 

In brief, I would not sell for someone else.

Message 94 of 129
latest reply

Hi!   I was doing this for a friend for 10% til i realized it wasnt worth my time. Person offered 20% so i continued to relist and list. Now person refuses to pay 20% leaving it at 20%. With proff of this in facebook messages can i bring the person to court?

Message 95 of 129
latest reply

what do you charge for selling other peoples stuff ?
Message 96 of 129
latest reply

Do you still do this?

Dennis

Message 97 of 129
latest reply

Hi would love to have your spread sheets you made for selling items for others in eBay. My email address is kim.tyler23@att.net thank you very much! I'm trying to get a business started whew!
Message 98 of 129
latest reply

Hi I see now that this thread is pretty old. I'm considering doing this myself. Just curious if you tried it and how things went. My email is kim.tyler23@att.net

Message 99 of 129
latest reply

I acquire the item and it stays within my control until sold.   Whatever the item sells for, I take out the listing fee, shipping fee, paypal fee or any addtional expenses for that one item.  Then I take 50% of it.  The way I look at it, I have had to figure out and research the listing, i may have sat on the item awhile (which is like storage) and then I am out the expense like my shipping supplies, my time, my internet, any questions that were asking about it.    My % may not be cheap but then if its too high I just wont sell that item

Message 100 of 129
latest reply

Hi man, Im curious to see the spreadsheet you've made. I feel like it would make my life alot easier.

Thanks

Message 101 of 129
latest reply

I would love a copy of that spreadsheet and any other helpful information you may have! I was just asked by a friends mom to sell a large amount of items for her... I really could use the extra money so I’m really wanting to do it... 

thank you

K

Message 102 of 129
latest reply

Hi there... did you happen to get a copy of that spreadsheet?
Message 103 of 129
latest reply

Hello! Are you still willing to share your template? I would love to see it! Thank you!

Message 104 of 129
latest reply

ill help man

Message 105 of 129
latest reply