The Front Porch
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum Posts

EBAY WONT LET ME CLOSE MY ACCOUNT

Every time I go to close my account. There’s always an issue. “There was an issue signing in” “ we are having issues right now” I am going to call the phone number and if they give me the runaround I don’t know what I’m gonna do.

User avatar by Enthusiast
  • 0 replies
  • 1 helpful

Please explain the logic of this...

I'm both a seller and buyer on eBay for a ong time, but lately there have been a few odd things that come up tine to time. The latest is when I put up something for sale using Buy It Now with a Best Offer option, eBay gives me in a couple of days the...

BEWARE of Buyer Scams.

SCAMS COMMITTED BY EBAY BUYERSThese scams are targeted against unsuspecting eBay sellers. Many of the scams take advantage of sellers not knowing all the rules for safe trading on eBay. It is very important for a seller to completely understand PayPa...

fullsizeoutput_24.jpeg

The dumbest scammer?

Good evening, So today I might have ran into who I would say is the dumbest scammer I've ever encountered on ebay and yes this is a new account, I last used ebay in 1999 because of scammers, I managed to avoid ebay for 20 years and this week I made a...

User avatar by Explorer
  • 0 replies
  • 0 helpful

Just Remembering Long Ago in the Feedie Forest

Been some time since I've been here and navigating is quite different. Hoping that posters from the past are well and that those in the Houston area are safe and sound despite the inclement weather experienced.

EBay will not close my account. What can I do?

EBay will not close my account. They say it's technical difficulties please be patient. I've been patient for over a month now. Do they have a telephone number where I can talk to a human being.EBay will not close my account. They say it's technical ...

ebay doesn't protect sellers

Ebay doesn't care about there sellers! It's all about the buyers! If it wasn't for sellers ebay wouldn't be here! They always agree with buyers screw the sellers is what they policy should really say! You follow the rules and you think your protected...

Never sell items on ebay

Ebay is the worst place to sell stuff, I just learned my lesson.This was what happen, I was selling my yu-gi-oh cards since I was quitting.I sold the item, did a 2 day shipping as the buyer requested. Then got a message from the buyer that he claimI ...

User avatar by Adventurer
  • 22 replies
  • 32 helpful

Reality check? Fee percentage of selling price

I think that I am not offended by the amount of fees that are charged, but by how the fee structure is frustratingly hidden by Ebay/Paypal. I decided to sit down with a calculator, and find out how much (on average) fees are really costing me. I want...

Am I missing how "best offer" is supposed to work?

Okay. I've made quite a few offers since I started on eBay. But lately, I'm getting ignored more than usual. I made one offer for an item that was $7.50 . I offered them 6.50, definitely not crazy I don't think, and there's always the counter-offer b...

Is it safe to sell & ship overseas?

I am relatively new to Selling, and just had an item that was sold (Buy It Now) to someone in Russia even though I had "ship to the United States" on the listing. This Buyer's address was in the cyrillic alphabet, and was requesting an invoice for th...

Beware of USPS Priority Mail

Just wanted to share a tale of woe. Background: I have been buying and selling on eBay for years and have a solid reputation. What happened: I recently sold my son's trumpet for $245 and shipped it the next day via USPS Priority Mail. Two days later ...

Bid/retract scam

So I think a bidder just engaged in sham bidding on an item I had listed. Here's how it went down (I was watching the bids over the final half hour, so I saw what happend): With 25 minutes left in the auction, bidder X bid and moved the price up to $...

Slow Cooker Scam??

I bought a slow cooker at this listing. https://www.ebay.com/itm/Hamilton-Beach-Stay-or-Go-Programmable-7-Qt-Slow-Cooker-with-Party-Dipper-33478/123818299896? the seller messages me the next day Hi Charles - We were getting ready to ship y our item a...

SELLING ON EBAY FOR OTHERS ON COMMISSION

Word has gotten out in my small rural community that I am selling on eBay and I've been approached to sell a couple of items for someone else on commission. I read somewhere that some people do this for 20% if the item sells. I'm just wondering if an...

Unanswered Questions
No posts to display.