cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

60 cent increase on USPS flat rate envelope and padded flat rate!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

so my question is why did ebay seller USPS shipping discount drop to only 5%? the increase on the USPS padded flat rate and the flat rate envelope went up 60 cents!!!! these kinds of increases are freaking insane! flat rate medium box went up 40 cents. why is our discount only 5% now, it used to be more, this is more the problem than the USPS increase. what is going on ebay?!?!? your negotiating skills suck!

Message 1 of 48
latest reply
47 REPLIES 47

The "eBay discount" is nothing more than the difference betwen USPS's regular published rates for retail vs online postage.  There is nothing negotiated or special about eBay's rates. Here's a link to the official USPS rates publication, Notice 123.

http://pe.usps.com/cpim/ftp/manuals/dmm300/notice123.pdf

Message 2 of 48
latest reply

We actually don't know how good they are at negotiating.  They might be great but just choose to not pass the savings on to us. 

Message 3 of 48
latest reply

Good point.  We just know they aren't good at negotiating on our behalf.

Message 4 of 48
latest reply

That was my thought too - eBay is for their bottom line 🙂 - or I should say that most online platforms are for their bottom line 🙂

Message 5 of 48
latest reply

ebay has essentially increased their bottom line again by giving us less of a shipping discount!!! just like the 20% back for TRS sellers that was cut in half to 10% last summer. they have no competition, they can do what ever they want to us1

Message 6 of 48
latest reply

@classictoyspaper wrote:

ebay has essentially increased their bottom line again by giving us less of a shipping discount!!! just like the 20% back for TRS sellers that was cut in half to 10% last summer. they have no competition, they can do what ever they want to us1

eBay doesn’t give a shipping discount though. They aren’t giving you less of a discount. USPS rates went up. Therefore we all pay more. 

One life is all we have to live
Love is all we have to give

**Formerly known as MissJen316**
Message 7 of 48
latest reply

USPS increased their first rate prices by .30.... And still get the same **bleep**ty service 😞 

Message 8 of 48
latest reply

the percentage discount is less than before! it was 7 to 8% on flat rate priority, now it s a flat 5%. so you are actually incorrect! they did decrease the discount percentage. this was done the same time USPS had their increase so its kind of under the radar. smoke and mirrors all the way. just like when they decreased the TRS discount from 20% to 10%. very sneaky, hardly anyone knew about it.
Message 9 of 48
latest reply

eBay uses the USPS published rates, so it's a bit tricky to say that 'they" (eBay) decreased the percentage discount.

Message 10 of 48
latest reply

discounted rates are NOT published rates. these are special rates negoatiated by ebay and given to the sellers who are top rated. the percentage discount went from 7 to 8% on priority to what appears to be a flat 5% discount. this essentially has increased ebays bottom line. how you ask, because they take 10% for themselves on shipping rates.
Message 11 of 48
latest reply

@wtc7freefall wrote:
discounted rates are NOT published rates. these are special rates negoatiated by ebay and given to the sellers who are top rated.....

LOL, please let me know if these published USPS Commercial Plus rates shown below are different from what TRS are paying for domestic Priority Mail.

Priority Comm Plus 2018 to 10 pounds.png

Here's a link to the official USPS rates publication, Notice 123.
http://pe.usps.com/cpim/ftp/manuals/dmm300/notice123.pdf

Message 12 of 48
latest reply

It is in Ebay's best interest for the cost of shipping to go up since they take a cut of your shipping cost too. 

Message 13 of 48
latest reply

@wtc7freefall wrote:
discounted rates are NOT published rates. these are special rates negoatiated by ebay and given to the sellers who are top rated.

I think you are giving eBay too much credit ... despite what eBay wrote in their recent announcment, eBay doesn't "negotiate" anything.  They simply qualify for USPS Commercial Plus rates based on the volume that they sell.  The Commercial Plus rates are published on the USPS site, and are available to any volume seller ... in other words, you can sign up with any number of on-line postage sellers and you will get these same rates.

(I'm surprised PayPal doesn't offer these rates, yet).

Message 14 of 48
latest reply

the negotiated rates are ebays words, not mine. this is their claim. i agree, why does paypal not offer the same rates??
Message 15 of 48
latest reply