cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Shall We Discuss What we would like to see in 2019 In Regards to the Threads!

There is much discussion on another thread with a completely different subject regarding the pros and cons of the threads.  It is an unfair discussion to have on this other thread as it takes away from the reason for the other thread.

So here we are.  Let's discuss it here.  

What do you like about the threads?

What do you dislike about the threads?

What changes would you like to see?

What enhancements would you like to see?

This is NOT about naming and shaming.  A contructive conversation can be had.  Be honest but mindful that saying hurtful things about someone else is NOT the goal of this thread.

mam98031  •  Volunteer Community Member  •  Buyer/Seller since 1999
Message 1 of 94
latest reply
93 REPLIES 93

Re: Shall We Discuss What we would like to see in 2019 In Regards to the Threads!

Hi, Alan, and I agree with you that this is the appropriate board for this type of thread...but the problem is that this board gets very little traffic, so when the thread is asking for input from community members, very few community members will see it...which begs the question ~

"how can we get more eyes on this board"?

How much better life would be, if a liar's pants really did catch fire!
Message 46 of 94
latest reply

Re: Shall We Discuss What we would like to see in 2019 In Regards to the Threads!

Interesting that there are, at minimum, half a dozen threads a day posted on various boards without having anything to do with the board topic. I'm sure if any of us reported each of them to suggest they be moved, we would eventually be reprimanded for it by the moderators.

There are also several threads a day that become quite disruptive, no matter what the board topic.

I, for one, am going to start frequenting this board much more often, and I'm going to recommend it to all my board "friends." I know there are people who follow what and where I post. (I'll stop short of accusing them of "stalking" me.) People may be "following" you that way, as well. Perhaps it will eventually attract more posters, for better or worse.

JMTCW. WCATD. FWIW. IMHO. YMMV. NIMBY. LOL.
Message 47 of 94
latest reply

This forum formatt sucks! How about a whole revamp of the forums to something more user friendly!

Message 48 of 94
latest reply

@catwands wrote:

This forum formatt sucks! How about a whole revamp of the forums to something more user friendly!

Would you mind being a little more specific.  It is hard to determine what you see as issues if you don't describe them.

Message 49 of 94
latest reply

Where are you seeing any of this? All I see is a bunch of old posts from 2018. No one must post on these boards anymore. My suggestion would be to get a different format for this community forums, more user friendly. I can't find any other discussion threads.
Message 50 of 94
latest reply

This community forums format is not user friendly at all. Guess I am disappointed that it is so difficult to navigate. There must not be much activity because there aren't many post from 2019. Not a good experience.
Message 51 of 94
latest reply

@catwands wrote:
Where are you seeing any of this? All I see is a bunch of old posts from 2018. No one must post on these boards anymore. My suggestion would be to get a different format for this community forums, more user friendly. I can't find any other discussion threads.

Where do I see What?  I simply replied to your post of a few minutes ago.  

Yes I did start this thread in late December of 2018, but it is still an active thread.

You are correct that this particular board does not get traveled very much, which is why I tried to have it on a different board but was told no and them moved it back to this board.

But I'm back to my original question.  What is it that you'd like to see different?  A general statement of dislike doesn't tell any of us very much other than you don't like the current format.  But what about the format do you not like and what would you like to see?

Message 52 of 94
latest reply

I'd like to see replies to a post nested underneath the post. It's easier to see who is replying to a particular post in a thread that way, JMO. Also I am trying to find some active threads and I am not seeing any.
Message 53 of 94
latest reply

This specific board ("Community Platform Feedback") is one of dozens of boards. If you go to the top of the page, you'll see (under "Discussions") boards for "Selling," "Shipping & Returns," "Bidding & Buying," "Payments," and "My Account," just to name a few. All of those have active threads.

The Member-to-Member board has posts arranged the way you've described (if I understand your description of "post nested underneath the post" correctly). I don't happen to like that format, but we're all different.

Let me know if you'd like specific links to the boards I've mentioned. I'd be glad to provide them if you can't locate them.
Message 54 of 94
latest reply

I would like to see fewer sticky posts in the Selling forum.

I would like to see eBay staff post site-wide coupons, etc to the Buying forum. They're usually only posted to the Selling forum from what I can remember.

I read this from another poster recently (sorry, don't remember who said it) but thought it was a good idea- the recognition that has been passed out for most accepted solutions, etc- I think a good way to thank that poster would be something related to the forum. For example- selling forum gets a credit towards selling/store fees, buying forum gets an eBay gift card, shipping forum gets either a shipping supplies coupon or a credit towards selling/store fees.

Message 55 of 94
latest reply

I see been to the top of the page and seen the few different boards. I've clicked around and don't see active threads/posts at all. The posts are not nested. If they were you'd see my reply under your post, not on the last page of the thread. Thanks for trying to help. Guess I'll just keep clicking around.
Message 56 of 94
latest reply

Hi @catwands,

The more active boards on the community are the Buying & Selling boards under Discussions. You can access them via the dropdown menu located at the top of the community. Alternatively, you can access them via the Buying & Selling category page here: https://community.ebay.com/t5/Buying-Selling/ct-p/buying-selling-db.

Please feel free to send me a private message if you have any other questions about navigating the community.

Message 57 of 94
latest reply

@catwands

Some of your issues may have something to do with how you have your preferences set up for the boards.

If you aren't familiar with your settings, look on the upper right side of your screen.  Just to the left of your User ID is a little drop down arrow.  Click on that, select Settings.  Look at each of the tabs closely as some have multiple tabs under a tab.  So make sure these setting are how you would like them to be.  It may help.

Message 58 of 94
latest reply

Thanks!:)
Message 59 of 94
latest reply

Hi, Mam. Thank you for all of your good work here. I am going to post an old thread started in 2017 but with replies through September 2018. It relates to some of the issues already posted here for 2019 related to having Lithium do a small fix so posters don't have to weed through tons of pages to get to a Blue's post.

https://community.ebay.com/t5/Community-Platform-Feedback/eBay-Employee-Designation/m-p/27253861#M42....

I ain't got the brains to make this up (Fantastic Beasts)
Message 60 of 94
latest reply