cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Donkey Word Not Allowed Here is on Ebay Home Landing Page

In touting its faux "Prime Day", Ebay has gone to the naughty vocabulary.  I don't care, but funny how that word can't be used here on the forum.

Message 1 of 52
latest reply
51 REPLIES 51

Re: Donkey Word Not Allowed Here is on Ebay Home Landing Page

Apparently Alan's English teacher isn't running Lithium.

When Lithium first took over the boards, eBay had to get special permission for us to use the basic acronym for "New in Package" because it's an archaic ethnic slur (as well as being a perfectly valid word for a small amount of beverage).

Message 46 of 52
latest reply

Disappointed.  

Message 47 of 52
latest reply

If that English teacher had been my kids' teacher, I would have marched down to the principal or school board and have them set that teacher straight. Kids do not understand the word "profanity" so parents have to say to the kids that there ARE "bad" words and never to be used in public (no matter what they hear daddy say when doing house repairs or while driving in traffic.  Smiley Wink )

I think the same people that came up with that promo title are the same ones that were put in charge of the IT department that are handling all the glitches. Summer interns, perhaps?

*lady*madonna*
Volunteer Ebay Community Mentor

Message 48 of 52
latest reply

@hidy-hoo wrote:

Hey, we have an ass-kicking community ~ woo hoo! Smiley Very Happy  ...and it would move from an ass-kickin' 7.5 to an ass-kickin' 9.5 if we could just get the powers that be (hi, alan@ebay) to FINALLY get around to reorganizing the Groups Index/table of contents.

It has been well over a year since the desperately needed reorganization to the Groups area was first brought up and all of the very fun and informative "eBay sanctioned groups" are still mixed in with the groups started by individuals making it difficult and almost impossible to find using the current directory ~ not to mention the simple fact that almost all of the groups started by individuals are dormant and no longer in use....Alan, please help us save those wonderful ass-kickin' eBay groups from going extinct ~ hopefully, this will be the last ass-whoopin' for the Community Staff on this subject because the new index will be ready soon!

hello anybody there.gif

alan@ebay ~ sorry to be so pushy and I know you are really busy with the upcoming eBay Open, but I would really appreciate an update on the Groups re-do...thanks

How much better life would be, if a liar's pants really did catch fire!
Message 49 of 52
latest reply

kick ass

**bleep**

Message 50 of 52
latest reply

butt

Message 51 of 52
latest reply

@hidy-hoo wrote:

@hidy-hoo wrote:

Hey, we have an ass-kicking community ~ woo hoo! Smiley Very Happy  ...and it would move from an ass-kickin' 7.5 to an ass-kickin' 9.5 if we could just get the powers that be (hi, alan@ebay) to FINALLY get around to reorganizing the Groups Index/table of contents.

It has been well over a year since the desperately needed reorganization to the Groups area was first brought up and all of the very fun and informative "eBay sanctioned groups" are still mixed in with the groups started by individuals making it difficult and almost impossible to find using the current directory ~ not to mention the simple fact that almost all of the groups started by individuals are dormant and no longer in use....Alan, please help us save those wonderful ass-kickin' eBay groups from going extinct ~ hopefully, this will be the last ass-whoopin' for the Community Staff on this subject because the new index will be ready soon!

hello anybody there.gif

alan@ebay ~ sorry to be so pushy and I know you are really busy with the upcoming eBay Open, but I would really appreciate an update on the Groups re-do...thanks

Related image

How much better life would be, if a liar's pants really did catch fire!
Message 52 of 52
latest reply