cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

not on every listing, but some

note the "show more" and the lighter line at the bottom  (not enough coffee to figure out what to call it)

this is on a pc, not mobile........  What now? 

Screenshot (360).png

Message 1 of 37
latest reply
36 REPLIES 36

Re: not on every listing, but some

I'm here because I saw the same thing and googled "ebay show more button" and found another thread that was talking about this, which also linked to this one, so I figure I chime in here as well.

Add me to the list of people that are now seeing this, and I HATE this new feature. There's also a convenient "tell us what you think!" Feedback button on the right side of each page. I clicked it, gave 1/5 stars, and told them to get rid of this "show more" button or at LEAST have an option to always show the full description.

I don't need more clicks to see things. I have a scroll wheel for this.

Message 31 of 37
latest reply

What are they testing exactly?

How low can we get the sellers’ sales and how high we can get their false INADs? Lol

Message 32 of 37
latest reply

This combined with the eBay store quick view pop up just made some buyers required to click 3 times to view a listing description versus once.

Message 33 of 37
latest reply

I'd like to chime in here and say this change is atrocious. It makes descriptions harder to read and is terrible from a UI standpoint. I'm also a lot less likely to continue buying from this site if this isn't reverted.

Message 34 of 37
latest reply

devon@ebay wrote:  ...there are some tests that are being ran on how listings are viewed...

Can I opt everyone out of the tests of how they view my listings, so they can behold them in the beauty of their own eyes, rather than eBay's? 

(Or, maybe waive my fees for a few months... Which option would be worse?)

Thanks! 🙂

Message 35 of 37
latest reply

@obtanium_enterprises wrote:

devon@ebay wrote:  ...there are some tests that are being ran on how listings are viewed...

Can I opt everyone out of the tests of how they view my listings, so they can behold them in the beauty of their own eyes, rather than eBay's? 

(Or, maybe waive my fees for a few months... Which option would be worse?)

Thanks! 🙂

Yes you can opt out of these tests. In order to do that you’d have to opt out of eBay completely. 🙂

Message 36 of 37
latest reply

I just noticed this post by Devon here https://community.ebay.com/t5/Buying/We-are-testing-a-new-View-Item-experience-on-desktop/m-p/336521...

about newly designed listing page. I notice that post mentions seller information, seller description, and item specifics as important info of the listing to be highlighted. But it doesn’t mention anything about item description. So is it confirmed that eBay is intending to hide that further and further into the back of the closet?

Message 37 of 37
latest reply