cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ebay's horrible payment system

This new payment system sucks. To make people wait almost a week to receive payments is just too long and too much.  I'm pulling my auctions and putting them elsewhere.

Message 1 of 42
latest reply
41 REPLIES 41

Re: Ebay's horrible payment system

OK.

Message 2 of 42
latest reply

Good luck with that. Hope you actually get some sales. Takes me 1-2 days to get my money. Maybe you need a better bank.

Message 3 of 42
latest reply

OK

Message 4 of 42
latest reply

No, seller paid on Friday, ebay doesn't even release the money until Tuesday, then however long it takes bank to get it.  Too long to wait.

Message 5 of 42
latest reply

and I used to wait 2 wks to get a check and then another couple of days to see if it cleared...

and I used to wait 2 wks to get a paycheck.........

Message 6 of 42
latest reply

This is one complaint that didn't bother me with MP.  I had other things like the reports that annoy me, though.  Frankly, I guess I handled my paypal money differently than many people.  I was always afraid to withdraw it until I felt confident of no problem or returns.  Now, the money gets swept out too quickly for my blood--even if I pick once a week.   Plus, I do recall the money order days.

Message 7 of 42
latest reply

Here are some of the problems I'm having with the new payment system.

1) Low value items are not having fees deducted.  For instance I've had 5 sales of postcards sold at auction for the starting bid of $.25, tax $.02, and free shipping.  The fee should be FVF $.03 + transaction fee $.30 = total fee $.33 and a negative net:  $.25 - $.33 = -$.08.  eBay doesn't charge a fee so shows a payout amount of $.25.

2) Multiple sales of the same item with the default Volume pricing option (sale of 2 = 15% discount, sale of 3 = 20% discount, and sale of 4 or more = 25% discount) shows an incorrect sale total on all the Orders pages (Orders awaiting shipment, Orders awaiting payment, and All Orders) of the price without the discount applied.  So two of the same $1.00 item should show a total price of $1.70, NOT $2.00.  At least the Transaction report shows the correct total price.

3) Sometimes the Invoice total is different from the Orders total.  Worst example:

Sale of 33 postcards

Orders: Qty 33, Sold for $14.26, Total $15.72  ($15.72 - $14.26 = $1.46 tax)

Invoice:  Subtotal $14.26, S+H $0.00, Total $15.29 ($15.29 - 14.26 = $1.03 tax)

4) No practical Managed Payments Customer Support.  The managed payment team told me to contact MP customer support about these problems.  I called yesterday and got the message about queue full so call again later.  I got up very early today and called, got a call back, and the call was disconnected before the 1st problem was resolved.  The CS rep did NOT call back.  I placed another call with a 90 minute call-back estimate, and hours later I have not gotten a call.  I tried Chat with eBay saying less than a 1 minute wait, and after 15 minutes I hung up.

5) Fees for selling a $1.00 postcard are over 200% higher than when I had a PayPal micropayment account which charged 5% FVF + $.05 transaction fee.  Managed Payments does not offer a micropayment option for high volume, low cost sellers whose sales average less than $10.

6) I don't know where to find the sales tax charge in Managed Payments so that I can calculate the FVF charged as sometimes it isn't shown on Orders awaiting shipment.

Message 8 of 42
latest reply

"and I used to wait 2 wks to get a paycheck........."

Me too..for thirty years..I would have been thrilled to get a check every week.

``````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````

“Never pick a fight with an ugly person. They don’t have anything to lose.” ~Robin Williams
Message 9 of 42
latest reply

Almost a week?  That's ridiculous!  How are you supposed to survive? 

Undone - Bachman & Cummings
Message 10 of 42
latest reply

@dhbookds wrote:

and I used to wait 2 wks to get a check and then another couple of days to see if it cleared...

and I used to wait 2 wks to get a paycheck.........

I used to walk 10 miles to school every day. Uphill (both ways). In the snow.   😉

Message 11 of 42
latest reply

If you all think that waiting two weeks for a paycheck is bad try selling to a government agency or some corporation where you are lucky to get paid in 60 days, with 30 days being the norm on invoices.  And I knew many smaller business that would just wait until you made too much noise before they paid.  I had one neighboring business, much larger than my own small store, that forgot my store was just two miles away.  The accounts payable department were not expecting me to just show up and begin knocking on doors.   They were not happy but did pay.  And I won't go in to the details regarding a few of my smaller accounts where I had to send my "intimidator" to do his street theater routine to get paid.  So again, I only have crocodile tears for those who complain about MP.

Message 12 of 42
latest reply

I did a check on my 2nd stimulus check. I was told it's due to be mailed in May!

Message 13 of 42
latest reply

@wa-collectibles wrote:

No, seller paid on Friday, ebay doesn't even release the money until Tuesday, then however long it takes bank to get it.  Too long to wait.

Our "buyers" paid for 2 items late Saturday, and 6 items on Sunday.

Monday all 8 were available (had been processed)

Today all were in our "payouts". We due "weekly" (Tuesdays only)

They will be in the checking accounts tomorrow. (ours always process to our regional CU by the next day)

The money will be there for a while as a cushion for possible refunds. I don't think my wife has moved any of her money from her new eBay/MP dedicated checking since she was opted into MP in August. She is still spending her eBay/PP money.

We liked PP, but MP is just fine as we can wait a realistic amount of time for our payment.  Not everything in the real world is "instant". 

Last night for supper we ate some "hot rotisserie chicken" that I got at the grocery store. May make a sandwich with some now.

The store has not been paid. The payment is still pending. They got a promise of payment when I put my CC in the reader, but I left the store, chicken in hand, with the payment hanging in the breeze.

Same goes for the candy that I picked up at Dollar General (wife ate some last night), and the gas that went in the car. All pending.

Message 14 of 42
latest reply

@fern*wood wrote:

This is one complaint that didn't bother me with MP.  I had other things like the reports that annoy me, though.  Frankly, I guess I handled my paypal money differently than many people.  I was always afraid to withdraw it until I felt confident of no problem or returns.  Now, the money gets swept out too quickly for my blood--even if I pick once a week.   Plus, I do recall the money order days.

Not a problem. As we know.......................  eBay/MP knows where to find those funds if they are needed😁

Message 15 of 42
latest reply