cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ebay's horrible payment system

This new payment system sucks. To make people wait almost a week to receive payments is just too long and too much.  I'm pulling my auctions and putting them elsewhere.

Message 1 of 42
latest reply
41 REPLIES 41

Re: Ebay's horrible payment system

Yeah, this "managed payments" system is awful. There are a lot of smartasses commenting to the effect of "oh, imagine waiting two weeks to get paid," but the difference here is that you don't have to spend money today to do that job that pays out in two weeks. And then people compare it to credit card payments that take a couple of days to clear, too. But that delay is on both ends; there's a delay coming out that matches the delay going in. In this case, the seller loses the money immediately, I have to pay my expenses immediately, I have to go down to the post office immediately, if I'm selling on consigment, the provider expects their money immediately, eBay gets the seller's money immediately (and for why?), and I'm the only one sitting around waiting for the check to clear for my part in this little micro-economy. I'm doing all the work, and I'm getting inconvenienced the most out of all parties. And don't get me started on what a nightmare that transactions page is. So hard to tell what sales (in terms of what items) have made it to my bank account. Christ eBay, just take 11% and give me immediate payments.

Message 31 of 42
latest reply

YEAH ME TOO , SELLING SOMEWHERE ELSE I DONT NEED THE STRESS , IM JUST MOVING ON FOR GOOD , THEY RUIN A GOOD THING FOR SURE BY THERE OWN HANDS , JUST GREED IN THE END !!!!

Message 32 of 42
latest reply

@retrofare wrote:

It kills me that almost every 'answer' to every question or complaint is met with a bunch of smart remarks. Usually by the same 'helpful' people. I'm not here to pick a fight. People come here usually because they're frustrated so why compound it? There are some people who were completely satisfied with PayPal handling our money. It was instant. It was not confusing. There weren't different reports with different amounts. Call it spoiled or whatever, but I prefer paying for that straightforward service. I'm sure I will adjust in time, but right now it's a pain and it's frustrating. A little kindness and patience goes a long way. 

My biggest complaint is having to pay for shipping labels out of pocket. I guess I could make my customers wait for shipment until my funds hit my bank account, but I prefer happy customers. But that makes ME an unhappy customer. Some costs can be significant. Why can't Ebay at least allow for that cost? Will anyone ever give a valid reason for that without 'that's just the way it is so be happy like me'?

I think it may help me if someone can explain to me the steps of 'processing'. I know that for a 1% fee to PayPal I can make an instantaneous deposit to my checking from PayPal. Or I can wait a few days for 'processing' without a 1% fee. My bank never makes me wait to give them money. What are the steps of processing from the time a customer pays Ebay until I finally get paid? Right now, the word 'processing' feels like 'whenever we decide to pay you, we'll pay you'. Knowing what those steps are may help me tremendously in adjusting to managed payments.

Thanks for your time. 

With Pay Pal, they gave us access to the funds before the payment was processed and they had the funds, Ebay doesn't.

When the buyer pays, it could take a couple days for the payment to process before Ebay has the funds.

Once Ebay has the funds, they send them to your checking account, on the schedule you chose, daily or weekly.

The time it takes to reach your account, depends on your bank.

I have weekly payouts and the funds are sent on Tuesdays and the funds are in my account Wednesday morning.

For shipping, you can use the pending funds to pay for it.

On the label page, scroll down, left side, there's a section where you can change it from Pay Pal to pending funds.

Have a great day
Message 33 of 42
latest reply

Yes  ... but did you ship the item before the check cleared your bank and the money was in your account?

The problem is the wait time the buyer must endure after paying by paypal (instant) to Ebay while the seller delays shipping until the money is in the account.

In case you did not know there is a popular scam based on the time it takes a check to completely clear a bank.

So what if a few days after the auction the buyer wants you to cancel the order.

If you do cancel it Ebay will immediately go into your bank account and get the money.

(you had to agree to that)

Even if the payment has not reached your account yet.

So now YOU are fronting money for a huge corporation.

Not bad mouthing Ebay  .....  just saying how it is and what could be big problems.

Message 34 of 42
latest reply

@clone3121 wrote:

PLUS don't forget they are holding your money longer and getting the interest off this as well!! 

They don't hold the payments and they don't earn any interest on the funds.

As soon as they have the funds, they send them to your checking account, so there's nothing to hold, unless you chose weekly payments.

Have a great day
Message 35 of 42
latest reply

You better check on that ... the stimulus money is tax free ... it is not earned income!

The Unemployment boosts are a different story and they are taxable.

Message 36 of 42
latest reply

To me there is nothing HORRIBLE about selling here and getting paid. If your are waiting a week to get a payment through then, Your  banking institution is the culprit not MP. Try to get a checking account reserved for Ebay through Chime. I heard a lot of people are using them and they promise in their adds that your money will get deposited quick.

Message 37 of 42
latest reply

@stephenmorgan wrote:

@somanypcs wrote:

6) I don't know where to find the sales tax charge in Managed Payments so that I can calculate the FVF charged as sometimes it isn't shown on Orders awaiting shipment.

It is on the Order Details Page

OrdersDetails Page with Sales Tax.png

Thanks.  Now I need to know where to find the actual state sales tax % charged, so I can calculate fees on combined sales.  I know this info is on invoices sent to buyers, but if a buyer has paid there is no way to see the invoice.  Is there any other place I can see the actual % charged per item, as that is how eBay calculates FVFs?

Message 38 of 42
latest reply

Could I ask where is a good place to sell,I pulled my cards yesterday,TIA

Message 39 of 42
latest reply

@gardensisters wrote:

Could I ask where is a good place to sell,I pulled my cards yesterday,TIA

eBay doesn't allow us to recommend competitors on their message board.

Message 40 of 42
latest reply

Not sure what exactly what you are asking?

Sales is the total of the item plus shipping.

In my example $12.00 for item and $9.50 shipping equals total of $21.50 that Sales Tax will be based on.

Sales Tax in my example is $0.84

To get the percentage of the Sales Tax you would divide 84 by 21.50 

84/21.50 = 3.91%

If you are asking where eBay will show you this percentage, I do not think they do, not sure?

Sales Tax is an unknown amount until you actually sell a Item.

If you are trying to recoup the extra Fees on a Item from a Buyer, it is hard to do because you only find out after you sell a Item. 

If someone made you a offer for a item you can ask them or look up their Sales Tax Rate.  With the known Tax Rate you could base you decision  to accept or not are counter offer based on the additional Fee added because of the Sales Tax.

I had a $500 sale a while back and it cost me a extra $5.50 in Fees because of the Sale Tax.  Not fair, but that is the User Agreement I agreed to.

Message 41 of 42
latest reply

You can set it up to pay everyday.

Message 42 of 42
latest reply