cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Poll 2 : is GTC Good or Bad for your Business? After a month what are your thoughts?

Just a simple poll for the Community.

Do you think the GTC format is beneficial for your current eBay needs?

IF eBay gave you a choice???? 

Would you have said Yes or No to a GTC format?  This is a simple yes or  no question.

This was a very interesting poll posted about two weeks ago.  My sales are down approximately 40% from last month and I feel the GTC policy is the primary reason.     In my opinion It creates a lot more work/time to manage and takes a way the "sense of urgency" from potential buyers.  I feel is it horrible for small/mid size sellers and will result in additional fees if sellers are not  very careful. 

Now that it's approaching a month since it was made the only fixed price option to sellers, what is your opinion?

Thanks

Message 1 of 236
latest reply
235 REPLIES 235

Community Poll 2 : is GTC Good or Bad for your Business? After a month what are your thoughts?

I am not a fan. I am finding it takes much more time and planning.  In the past, I would list right away at the beginning of the month, selecting directly what to relist and which drafts to rotate in. I would use all my listings in the first week and then focus on shipping as items sell.    Now I am listing a lot less so that I don’t need to try and remember to end things before they relist.   I am seeing more watchers but less sales, possibly due to the GTC since it won’t be “ending”.    

Starting to to look at other venues that don’t take as much work but will keep some things here for now.  

Message 2 of 236
latest reply

No

Message 3 of 236
latest reply

@gotoguys2000 wrote:

Do you think the GTC format is beneficial for your current eBay needs?

IF eBay gave you a choice???? 

Would you have said Yes or No to a GTC format?  This is a simple yes or  no question.

In the past, eBay did give a choice, and we have always said "yes".   I believe it is the best and most efficient way to list items.

(That said, I don't think it should be forced on other sellers).

Message 4 of 236
latest reply

Yes

Have a great day
Message 5 of 236
latest reply

I would have said NO. I'm not sure of the effect on sales, as we are having a pretty good month. Some GTC's have been selling right away and others are just sitting out there, perhaps supporting the "lack of urgency" theory. Also, GTC started right when I had a bunch of multiple-item Buy It Nows to sell rather than single-item auctions, so it is really hard to see a pattern yet.

BUT most of all, keeping an eye on the GTC's (to make sure they don't renew), and keeping them set aside (rather than putting them back in their bin or on the shelf) for the duration of their time on E-Bay takes more of my time.  I do this for fun and to make a little profit. I think if I were to look at my hourly wage, I'd be disappointed.

The goal is to eventually list less....

Message 6 of 236
latest reply

I doesn't matter if people want it or not.  And you can run all the informal or formal polls you care to.

It is not changing anytime soon.

I believe that sellers should have the choice, but I don't make the rules and neither does anyone here on the boards.  The decision has been made.  You can continue to complain about, learn how to deal with it, or move to another venue.  Your choice.  I believe the the last two are more productive than the complaining about it option.

Message 7 of 236
latest reply

NO....to the forced GTC policy

Message 8 of 236
latest reply

I would say NO.

A NO only for the reason that it does not allow the OOS option to be applied as an individual listing choice. Now when using OOS  I need to monitor/end the OOAK's after they sell to avoid the "zero stock" GTC relist of something I do not have.

I did 30 day listings, and for the most part relisted them much of the time anyway.

Can not say one way, or the other if GTC has affected my sales. Only affect is being a pita because of the "all, or none" OOS function.

Message 9 of 236
latest reply

NO. Just now eBay phone rep said 80% are opposed to GTC.  Enough, already!

Message 10 of 236
latest reply

I've been using it all along. It makes things a lot easier for me. But I do believe it should be optional.

Message 11 of 236
latest reply

Thanks for your thoughts and options. You currently have zero items posted and zero sales for the month.  I can see you're definitely adapting.  Was your choice to leave Ebay?

Message 12 of 236
latest reply

orangehound, what do you like about GTC?  thx
Message 13 of 236
latest reply

NO, also where did free extra listings go? not anymore?

Message 14 of 236
latest reply

@gotoguys2000 wrote:

Thanks for your thoughts and options. You currently have zero items posted and zero sales for the month.  I can see you're definitely adapting.  Was your choice to leave Ebay?

Some people have specific account just for posting on these boards, others have one account for selling and another for buying, and some have multiple selling accounts ... so you cannot judge the selling profile of any poster on these boards.

Message 15 of 236
latest reply