cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ebay removed my authentic item based on being reported as fake

Out of nowhere Ebay decided to remove my listing, without contacting me, asking me for proof, without any explanation....nothing. When I contacted them, they told me the item was removed for violating their rules of authenticity. I asked them based on what did they consider a simple $37 jacket fake? They couldn't answer, instead they sent me some links to read the rules. I told them that I can provide photo/video evidence if they want me to, yet they started threatening me saying if I relist the item then my account will be suspended. Here is the jacket:
ebay.jpg

Stitched logo, 2 tags (one of them even showing the item's code), yet they still say based on some random report that it's fake. Obviously the item is genuine, no question about that. It's unfair and unprofessional to remove items without explanation, without contacting the seller and asking them to prove if it's fake or not. Yet, all the Chinese fakes can be freely sold on the site without any problems. 

Message 1 of 34
latest reply
33 REPLIES 33

If you're arguing that the item must be authentic because of a tag, you've already lost the argument.

Message 2 of 34
latest reply

How else can you prove the item is authentic then? Or do you think I stitched the ADIDAS logo on it? Seriously...
Message 3 of 34
latest reply

Whether the item is legit or not is secondary.

If ebay tells you not to relist, then do not do it or you will risk your account.

Message 4 of 34
latest reply

@sz_balazs wrote:

Yet, all the Chinese fakes can be freely sold on the site without any problems. 

I agree ... I've tried to report obvious fakes out of China, but eBay allows them to continue.

Regardless, don't relist it or you may be banned.

Message 5 of 34
latest reply

I wouldn't say a word if they'd be professional and give at least an explanation. You can't just remove people's stuff when we are paying for their services. On top of that, they didn't even bother to solve the situation. Yes, I will risk my account, and if I'll get suspended then I will simply leave ebay. They aren't the only ones with these kind of services.

Message 6 of 34
latest reply

@sz_balazs wrote:
How else can you prove the item is authentic then? Or do you think I stitched the ADIDAS logo on it? Seriously...

Not commenting on your item but if you do a search you will see fake clothing with a supposed Adidas tag.

Message 7 of 34
latest reply

@sz_balazs wrote:

That's hilarious. You think a high-volume shop in China can't fake a logo? Priceless.

Message 8 of 34
latest reply

Did the message from eBay tell you to contact the rights holder if you had any question?  If  it was a vero takedown then Adidas told eBay that it is not authentic.  If you can contact them with proof of purchase from an authorized adidas dealers they may withdraw their complaints.  

If the complaint wasnt from Adidas, there isn't much that you can do. 

Why. are you so certain that it is authentic?  Counterfeiters often counterfeit the tags as well. 

Message 9 of 34
latest reply

Fake clothing tags don't have any detail on them, only the supposed brand name and that's it.
Message 10 of 34
latest reply

1. The item is not made in China.
2. Chinese fakes don't use the actual brand's name, they use altered ones.
For example, there is the new model of Adidas Yeezy winbreakers, Chinese fakes are called YEEZUS, same model, same color palette.
Message 11 of 34
latest reply

If this was a VERO takedown then it is out of ebay's hands and would be between you and the VERO rights owner. You would need to appeal it through the VERO appeals process. They will not consider a tag as proof.

You need to be sure it was Vero or not. Regardless you will not be able to relist until and unless you receive authorization to do so

Message 12 of 34
latest reply

No, they didn't tell me anything. I asked them 3 times to tell me based on what did they consider the jacket fake? No clear answer, all they told me was a pathetic excuse of an "internal investigation" which can't be told to the seller, like if they needed to contact the FBI for a $37 jacket. They didn't give me any explanation. I did contact ADIDAS in the meantime and they were surprised, even they told me the item is genuine, a model from 1991.
Message 13 of 34
latest reply

@sz_balazs wrote:
Fake clothing tags don't have any detail on them, only the supposed brand name and that's it.

Sorry but you are incorrect, there are no "rules" for counterfeiters to follow so they don't all do tags the same way.  they generally do their best to make the product look authentic.  

Message 14 of 34
latest reply

You have some serious misconceptions of how elaborate and sophisticated the counterfeit markets are. In many cases, the rights holder has trouble distinguishing the fakes from their real ones.

Forget keeping up with the Joneses. Be the Finklegrubers!
OK kids, time to get the Dodge loaded up again. I hear 'Poppy's By the Tree' calling. This trip might be a long one too.
Message 15 of 34
latest reply