cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can someone @ eBay please clarify WHY we are losing from the 200 FREE listings when Auctions renew?

Hi anyone reading this as an eBay employee: Can you please clarify for those of us who have received a promo of 200 FREE listings why the automatically renewing listings are being taken out of the 200 FREE listings promos, despite the fact that these Auction style listings have a check-box and a text that reassures us the listing will be renewed 8 times for FREE? 

I was glad to have received this promo and was intending to add a few new items, but now I am not sure it is a good idea. In the past, the Auction style listings renewed automatically when the box was checked, and never took away any of the 50 FREE listings we all get. 

As you see from other threads on this board, some sellers contacted CS just to be told that they are wrong about their expectation for those Auction listings being FREE renewals. 

I currently have 234 active listings but after renewing a few last night, I am already at 150+ FREE listings being gone - poof (I did not renew that many). 

I look forward to hearing from you. 

PW

Message 1 of 72
latest reply
71 REPLIES 71

Re: Can someone @ eBay please clarify WHY we are losing from the 200 FREE listings when Auctions ren

@Anonymous wrote:

@mcdougle4248 wrote:

You need to tag one of the blues for best results.

@Anonymous   would you please help the OP

Hi @mcdougle4248, I've reached out to our promotions team to get some more information on this and will be happy to update the thread with more details when they become available.

Hi @prettywoman-2012  & @mcdougle4248  - we've heard back on this. 

This is a confirmed technical issue: the 8 free relists for auctions should not be pulling from the 200 promo. 

I have added everyone who reported being impacted by this to the open ticket. I don't have a current time of resolution but I appreciate folks taking the time to let us know what they were seeing!

Tyler,
eBay
Message 46 of 72
latest reply

Re: Can someone @ eBay please clarify WHY we are losing from the 200 FREE listings when Auctions ren

tyler@ebay wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@mcdougle4248 wrote:

You need to tag one of the blues for best results.

@Anonymous   would you please help the OP

Hi @mcdougle4248, I've reached out to our promotions team to get some more information on this and will be happy to update the thread with more details when they become available.

Hi @prettywoman-2012  & @mcdougle4248  - we've heard back on this. 

This is a confirmed technical issue: the 8 free relists for auctions should not be pulling from the 200 promo. 

I have added everyone who reported being impacted by this to the open ticket. I don't have a current time of resolution but I appreciate folks taking the time to let us know what they were seeing!

Thank you, Tyler, for getting back with us. Much appreciated! 

P.s. It is always great to see those dimples smile at us (using Royal plural here. They always make my day. 

PW🐿

Message 47 of 72
latest reply

Tell them to ad everyone that accepted the nightmare promo. We cannot even use our 50 now. We 're in a worse position now for accepting it. So much for ebay's help during this time of corvid19 .

Message 48 of 72
latest reply

And... to make this even less clear.

If you click up "Insertion Fees" and go to "how zero insertion fee listings work" you find this:

The following count toward your monthly allocation of zero insertion fee listings:

• Manual and automatically relisted items
  • The original listing and each monthly renewal for Good ’Til Canceled listings

"Automatically relisted items?"  OK... I understand that for FIXED.  But the 8 Free relists?

"The ORIGINAL listing..."  what?  

Clarity please.

Message 49 of 72
latest reply

tyler@ebay wrote:

tyler@ebay, what does that mean for sellers impacted? I realize you don't know when a resolution will be presented, but what kind of resolution will sellers see?

For example, if 100 new listings were created during the promotion and the other 100 were erroneously used up by those free relists, then the seller creates another 100 new listings after the promo is used up and is charged insertion fees - will eBay credit the insertion fees for those later 100 listings? And since most sellers got 2x 200 promos will this resolution apply with regards to both promotions?

GLORIOUS!

Confused about the switch to eBay discounted shipping? Read this discussion to make an informed decision about opt in / opt out.
Message 50 of 72
latest reply

@wastingtime101 wrote:

tyler@ebay wrote:

tyler@ebay, what does that mean for sellers impacted? I realize you don't know when a resolution will be presented, but what kind of resolution will sellers see?

For example, if 100 new listings were created during the promotion and the other 100 were erroneously used up by those free relists, then the seller creates another 100 new listings after the promo is used up and is charged insertion fees - will eBay credit the insertion fees for those later 100 listings? And since most sellers got 2x 200 promos will this resolution apply with regards to both promotions?

Hi @wastingtime101 - you're right that I don't know when a resolution will be presented, nor do I currently know what resolution that will be.  🙃

If this tech issue results in you being charged insertion fees now, I would contact CS with the item numbers to request a credit. Thanks!

Tyler,
eBay
Message 51 of 72
latest reply

If you never activated the second one that has now vanished into the ether.
Message 52 of 72
latest reply

I have the same problem with my free relists being counted as part of the 2 200 free listing promotions.  I have stopped listing any new items until this is fixed as I am rapidly reacting my 400 max.  Tyler, please add me to your list of effected customers.

Message 53 of 72
latest reply

The last of my listings ended last night.  I removed the "Automatic" relists because, quite frankly, I don't know what they are doing.  My 50 listings from last month had time left... but...  This is the probably the first time in over a decade that I have nothing listed.

In order to use this months 50 free listings I would first have to use up the 328 "Promotion" listings.  Most of my listings are in the $3-5 range so it would make no sense.   I'll just take off the rest of April and hope nobody ruins the 50 free listings deal going forward.  This is a good time to weed out slow selling items and regroup.

Message 54 of 72
latest reply

@kkj1314 wrote:

I have the same problem with my free relists being counted as part of the 2 200 free listing promotions.  I have stopped listing any new items until this is fixed as I am rapidly reacting my 400 max.

Dude, you've got it all wrong. List as much as you can before those auctions relist and use up the promo. After the 200 are used up those auction relists will go back to being free. You should be scrambling to get new stuff up before the auctions absorb the promotion.

GLORIOUS!

Confused about the switch to eBay discounted shipping? Read this discussion to make an informed decision about opt in / opt out.
Message 55 of 72
latest reply

Tyler...if you're reading this and I am not replying to someone else's post....Can you please add me to the list with the 2 April 200 Promotions malfunction please....Thank you....Spiritman58
Message 56 of 72
latest reply

tyler@ebay 

It's been about a week since your last update. Do you think we'll get another update by tomorrow (before the weekend) about a resolution for this? The end of the month is quickly approaching.

I know some sellers have contacted CS about the problem and got stonewalled with reps claiming they don't know about the problem and not offering anything other than a reply to tell a seller they used up all the listings.

GLORIOUS!

Message 57 of 72
latest reply

Hi Tyler! Will you also add name to the ticket as a seller impacted by this issue please? Thank you!!!
Message 58 of 72
latest reply

Really??? I was planning on contacting CS today in hopes of getting some of my free listings back (197/200 used so far) as well as a refund on insertion fees since eBay wouldn't allow me to end my BIN listings before the automatic relist. 

Message 59 of 72
latest reply

@wastingtime101 wrote:

tyler@ebay 

It's been about a week since your last update. Do you think we'll get another update by tomorrow (before the weekend) about a resolution for this? The end of the month is quickly approaching.

I know some sellers have contacted CS about the problem and got stonewalled with reps claiming they don't know about the problem and not offering anything other than a reply to tell a seller they used up all the listings.

Hi @wastingtime101 - I don't have an update on this ticket, but I have added the folks who mentioned it!

Tyler,
eBay
Message 60 of 72
latest reply