cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can someone @ eBay please clarify WHY we are losing from the 200 FREE listings when Auctions renew?

Hi anyone reading this as an eBay employee: Can you please clarify for those of us who have received a promo of 200 FREE listings why the automatically renewing listings are being taken out of the 200 FREE listings promos, despite the fact that these Auction style listings have a check-box and a text that reassures us the listing will be renewed 8 times for FREE? 

I was glad to have received this promo and was intending to add a few new items, but now I am not sure it is a good idea. In the past, the Auction style listings renewed automatically when the box was checked, and never took away any of the 50 FREE listings we all get. 

As you see from other threads on this board, some sellers contacted CS just to be told that they are wrong about their expectation for those Auction listings being FREE renewals. 

I currently have 234 active listings but after renewing a few last night, I am already at 150+ FREE listings being gone - poof (I did not renew that many). 

I look forward to hearing from you. 

PW

Message 1 of 72
latest reply
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Can someone @ eBay please clarify WHY we are losing from the 200 FREE listings when Auctions renew?

With promotions like the 200 free auctions, you need to time your acceptance of them so that they have the least interference with an ongoing already established promo like the 8 free relists. Have as many new auctions ready to list as possible within a week's time and let your already running auctions expire and relist automatically on the 8 free promo. Immediately accept the 200 free promo and list as many new ones as possible. Try to use similar items, pricing, and limited titles and descriptions on the new auctions to save time and then revise when finished or the next day. Only load one photo for now on the new ones to save some time. Add additional photos later.

If you have 2 of the 200 free promos, time your acceptance of them to your advantage. It is really more important to use the promos for quality, profit generating auctions than to stress about how many you actually use. Even with having 50K free listings on my store, I am trying to concentrate my time on good listings and not waste time on any that would not have been otherwise listed. I will use the 50K absurd number to do weekly "sell similar" on some already listed ones but not worry about how many are left over. Towards the end of the month, I will end in bulk and "sell similar" on all active listings which will take me well into May and allow me to use my 1K store listings as I please in May if sales warrant it.

View Best Answer in original post

Message 24 of 72
latest reply
71 REPLIES 71

Did you not read the fine print? Usually listing offers are for NEW FROM SCRATCH listings only - renewed listings have never counted that I am aware of.

I am a founding member of the eBay Community Expert Group: a USA volunteer mentor with over a decade of experience. I am not an eBay employee.

Live simply. Care deeply. Love generously. Speak kindly. Laugh loudly. Act responsibly. Rejoice daily. Help cheerfully. Plan carefully. Criticize sparingly. Invest wisely. Forgive willingly. Shop seriously. Play fairly. Learn graciously.
Message 2 of 72
latest reply

You need to tag one of the blues for best results.

@Anonymous   would you please help the OP

Message 3 of 72
latest reply

When a listing renews, that counts as 1 listing. Where would you like them to take it from?

Papa Was A Rolling Stone - The Temptations
Message 4 of 72
latest reply

They where originally free, they are still free. The only difference you can now list different items instead of just automatically relisting the same ones free.

Message 5 of 72
latest reply

@inhawaii 

I think the OP is talking about auctions that are supposed to relist 8 times free when you check the box  on the listing form.

Message 6 of 72
latest reply

Thanks!  I have never seen that. 

Papa Was A Rolling Stone - The Temptations
Message 7 of 72
latest reply

Same here, this has never happened to me before. Relist all the time, but now when it was relisted it ate 8 free listings, and any that had 2, 3, or 4 etc those counted and were deleted as well...ate mine up fast.  Unchecking all now, it will go around and eat the rest if not unchecked...I give up.

Message 8 of 72
latest reply

I am having the same problem with my automatic relist AUCTIONS.

I've written to ebay CS but they reply that automatic relist count--citing the GTC info.  I keep telling them the listings are AUCTIONS!

I even sent them the link to the help page that explains

"We charge an insertion fee (or count it as a zero insertion fee listing) for the original auction-style listing. Automatic relists are free for all non-business sellers except for listings in the eBay Vehicles categories. "

BUT SO far no help!

If they count each week---they will use up those 200 free very quickly.  They were suppose to renew until later in the month since I started them in Feb.

I just spent time removing the automatic relisting for today's auctions.  I listed some as fixed price.   No point in using a listing for just a week auction!

Message 9 of 72
latest reply

@mcdougle4248 wrote:

@inhawaii 

I think the OP is talking about auctions that are supposed to relist 8 times free when you check the box  on the listing form.

Yes, that is precisely what I am talking about, thanks for getting it! 

Stay safe

PW🐿Squirrel Similng.jpg

Message 10 of 72
latest reply

@nc-daydreamer wrote:

Did you not read the fine print? Usually listing offers are for NEW FROM SCRATCH listings only - renewed listings have never counted that I am aware of.

Sorry, my question has nothing to do with the fine print. Please read again. Thanks! 

PW🐿

Message 11 of 72
latest reply

@inhawaii wrote:

Thanks!  I have never seen that. 

You need to grow a pair of eyes like mine...hint: side vision! We squirrels are equipped with that, naturally. 

Are there squirrels in Hawaii? If not, you could be the first one, with proper practice! Less effort than becoming a Jedi.

PW🐿

Message 12 of 72
latest reply

It has EVERYTHING to do with the fine print. Anytime You see a special READ IT. Like I mentioned before, thank Ebay for the charity of 200 FREE listings and stop complaining about free stuff.
Message 13 of 72
latest reply

@coolections wrote:
It has EVERYTHING to do with the fine print. Anytime You see a special READ IT. Like I mentioned before, thank Ebay for the charity of 200 FREE listings and stop complaining about free stuff.

FYI

Message 14 of 72
latest reply

@nc-daydreamer wrote:

If that were true then these RELISTS should NOT be coming off the promotional tally anyway, no?

Message 15 of 72
latest reply