cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Another ridiculous return!

I sold an internet cable modem and he FIRST SENTENCE of the description states ‘JUST THE MODEM’. 

Now the buyer opens a return return case for ‘missing parts’ and is asking me where the cord is!!!

ebay won’t close it out, and if they do they’ll force close it and give me a defect I’d have to get removed a week later for ‘case closed without seller resolution’. 

And SUPPOSEDLY eBay has NO WAY TO CHANGE a false SNAD to buyers remorse!!!! All these dumb updates that ruin the site and all this time spent on useless tools, yet YOU CAN’T ALTER YOUR RETURN SYSTEM TO STOP FALSE CLAIMS!!!

PLEASEE, someone PLEASSEEEE TELL ME HOW A COMPANY MAKING THIS MUCH MONEY, can’t habdle something SO SIMPLE!?

another rep said ACCEPT IT and then appeal it after I get the return!! You have to be kidding me! What kind of advice is that! How about just fix your returns!!!

Message 1 of 173
latest reply
172 REPLIES 172

Re: Another ridiculous return!

@buyselljack2016 wrote:

This isn't Walmart, or Sears.

For the sake of this argument and wherever returns are concerned it is.

Message 61 of 173
latest reply

Here is the big problem, many sellers apparently don't realize there is a "condition description" box?

That is where the "missing cord" issue should have been mentioned!

See this listing picture below for an example, notice what it says right below Condition: Used.

See that?

Message 62 of 173
latest reply

It would have never dawned on me that there wouldn't be a power cord. I would have expected it.

modem only would to me be the modem/ router, or saying there is no cables.

In the end, I think this is EXACTLY the type of case that eBay creates their policies for.

"Believe in something, even if it means sacrificing everything" Colin Kaepernick the new face of NIKE
Message 63 of 173
latest reply

@couldabeenworse wrote:

I will either get it closed and go through the hassle or appeal after accepting. I WILL be reimbursed by eBay 100% Guaranteed..how I am every time..

Every time?   Personally, I'd invest more time writing better descriptions and less time fighting with buyers and eBay, but that's just me.

its just a MASSIVE HASSLE on their part that they PURPOSELY do

One could argue that you are purposely creating this massive hassle by looking for eBay to make it all better instead of becoming a better seller.

From the OP`s ad "Comes with just the Modem ". What is pictured in the ad? Just the modem from many angles. Maybe the OP needed to use giant bold letters in the ad and that would make him a better seller? What part of "comes with just the modem" is hard to understand?

"There`s always barber college" - Dalton - Road House
Message 64 of 173
latest reply

@keziak wrote:

@couldabeenworse wrote:

One could argue that you are purposely creating this massive hassle by looking for eBay to make it all better instead of becoming a better seller.

This seller has lots of experience and is a board regular.  I don't think he needs to be scolded and told to be a better seller.  Just maybe adding more language to his description for next time.

I agree about the scolding but if the buyer didn`t read the language that was in the ad.....then adding more language wouldn`t have done a bit of good IMO. The OP stated in the ad "comes with just the modem". It`s the first line in the ad and it`s not hard to understand.

Message 65 of 173
latest reply

@gebis28 wrote:

@honestabe411 wrote:
Not at all. I will either get it closed and go through the hassle or appeal after accepting. I WILL be reimbursed by eBay 100% Guaranteed..how I am every time...its just a MASSIVE HASSLE on their part that they PURPOSELY do..I will continue to post all nonsense

OMG and this right here is WHY buyers feel they need to lie. 

Buyers are sick of sellers who don't honor their return policies.

Really? Buyers need to lie because a seller comes to the boards to complain about a faulty system in which buyers can file false SNADS?

Message 66 of 173
latest reply

@southern*sweet*tea wrote:

**general reply**

If I were to read "modem only" I would take it to mean...a modem and not a  modem/router. You have modems and you have modem/router combos. (I have DSL and use a modem/router combo.)   I would also expect a power cord. I would NOT expect ethernet cords and that sort of thing, but a power cord IMO is an integral part of any electrical device that is plugged in to an electrical socket.

"Comes with just the Modem

No issues and works great.

Due to it being pre owned it might have some minor blemishes but nothing major."

NOWHERE does the listing state that there is no cord.

Just my two cents FWIW

Sweet tea, I normally agree with you 100% of the time. I don`t agree on this one. As you mentioned..."just comes with the modem" and just the modem is pictured. If we went by what many are posting....batteries should come with everything we buy that takes batteries. How do we know it works? It didn`t come with batteries? I just bought a brand new printer at wal-mart....no usb cable included. No where in the listing did it say it came with the cord.

Message 67 of 173
latest reply

@gramophone-georg wrote:

@goodluckselling wrote:

@gramophone-georg wrote:

This. WHY should it be a SNAD when it's exactly as described?

The OP is NOT NOT NOT complaining about the return. He's complaining about the false SNAD.

What makes you think the OP has described it exactly correct?  How on earth can the OP describe as working perfectly when they can not even power it up due to no power supply?

Good Luck Selling!

Seriously? The reason the buyer gave for the return was described in the listing. 

OP listed it as being the MODEM ONLY. Buyer filed SNAD because it was the MODEM ONLY.

That's the entire point of the discussion.

Exactly...batteries not included lol.

Message 68 of 173
latest reply

@kitschy*loot wrote:

@buyselljack2016 wrote:

No cables, just modem, would need to be in the title.

Buyers have stopped reading.

Buyers have stopped looking at photos.

No need to look, or read. They have the eBay MBG.

I'm a buyer and you're wrong, some buyers have stopped reading, some have stopped looking  at photos. Blanket statements are unnecessary. I need to look and read regardless of eBay MBG.

Exactly! Which is why you and I aren`t over on the buyers board complaining a seller ripped us off and why I spend over 20k on ebay yearly and have seldom EVER had an issue with what I have bought. But we seem to live in a world where many refuse to take any responsability for themselves.

Message 69 of 173
latest reply

@calntom wrote:

I have several listings like that and we know that is just asking for trouble. Though I do list mine as "for parts not working" and even then, it is just begging for a return.

Refund and buyer keeps the junk, move on.

No, instead get it back, buy a $3 power cord and resell it for $40.

Message 70 of 173
latest reply

@jason_incognito wrote:

It would have never dawned on me that there wouldn't be a power cord. I would have expected it.

modem only would to me be the modem/ router, or saying there is no cables.

In the end, I think this is EXACTLY the type of case that eBay creates their policies for.

Are you saying that after you read the OP`s ad and looked at the pictures you would have still expected it to come with the power cord?

Message 71 of 173
latest reply

@secretsquirrelisnowhere wrote:
Don't list parts under used. Used means it is working as intended with all the necessary equipment that was included as new. You only have part of the modem so it is not used but parts or repair.

That's not what that means.

Message 72 of 173
latest reply

If I bought the listing, I’d expect the modem only. The ad says modem only. I see no cord in pictures.
I have a stereo, I know it works, but when I moved, I accidentally tossed the cord. Before reading this thread, I would of listed as you did. It appears some feel you need to mention cord not included. I still see no problem with your listing. My two cents.

Everyone has options. Just be sure the best option is right for you.
Message 73 of 173
latest reply

@southern*sweet*tea wrote:

**general reply**

If I were to read "modem only" I would take it to mean...a modem and not a  modem/router. You have modems and you have modem/router combos. (I have DSL and use a modem/router combo.)   I would also expect a power cord. I would NOT expect ethernet cords and that sort of thing, but a power cord IMO is an integral part of any electrical device that is plugged in to an electrical socket.

"Comes with just the Modem

No issues and works great.

Due to it being pre owned it might have some minor blemishes but nothing major."

NOWHERE does the listing state that there is no cord.

Just my two cents FWIW

I would also have expected a power cord, but have you noticed these days you can't even buy a brand NIB printer and expect to have it come with a printer cable? That would also seem essential to the printer being able to be used as intended.

Reality is the leading cause of stress.
Message 74 of 173
latest reply

eBay is strictly for the buyer no matter what the situation.   I had a listing that said yellow wallpaper and they returned it because they said it was suppose to be beige.  Nowhere did it say beige and eBay had me pay the shipping both ways with the refund.   Totally unfair.   The only thing I could do was block the buyer and then they could buy under someone else anyway.   eBay was good 10 years ago but not any more.   Don't even sell hardly anything .   Agree another ridiculous return !  

Message 75 of 173
latest reply