cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Another ridiculous return!

I sold an internet cable modem and he FIRST SENTENCE of the description states ‘JUST THE MODEM’. 

Now the buyer opens a return return case for ‘missing parts’ and is asking me where the cord is!!!

ebay won’t close it out, and if they do they’ll force close it and give me a defect I’d have to get removed a week later for ‘case closed without seller resolution’. 

And SUPPOSEDLY eBay has NO WAY TO CHANGE a false SNAD to buyers remorse!!!! All these dumb updates that ruin the site and all this time spent on useless tools, yet YOU CAN’T ALTER YOUR RETURN SYSTEM TO STOP FALSE CLAIMS!!!

PLEASEE, someone PLEASSEEEE TELL ME HOW A COMPANY MAKING THIS MUCH MONEY, can’t habdle something SO SIMPLE!?

another rep said ACCEPT IT and then appeal it after I get the return!! You have to be kidding me! What kind of advice is that! How about just fix your returns!!!

Message 1 of 173
latest reply
172 REPLIES 172

Re: Another ridiculous return!

@kensgiftshop wrote:

@honestabe411 wrote:

I sold an internet cable modem and he FIRST SENTENCE of the description states ‘JUST THE MODEM’. 

Now the buyer opens a return return case for ‘missing parts’ and is asking me where the cord is!!!

You listed it as used, you would think the power cord comes with it.

I can see not having the other cables, but the power cable is part of the unit, without it, you have a paperweight.

No.

The listing said "just the modem".  That doesn't mean "just the modem and the power cable".  It means "just the modem"

The buyer is claiming something is missing that was never included in the first place.  This should be a slam dunk win for the seller.

Message 166 of 173
latest reply

@hillbillymedia wrote:

Actually the seller did come to the post and stated he did test it. He couldn`t have known it worked without testing it or having someone else try it for him. I believe the seller and if you don`t that`s your choice to make.

Until about 2 weeks from now when the OP will be back with another thread about how the buyer is now claiming it does not work, which will probably get blamed on the power unit they bought and not being the correct one.

Good Luck Selling!

Message 167 of 173
latest reply

@baantiques wrote:

No.

The listing said "just the modem".  That doesn't mean "just the modem and the power cable".  It means "just the modem"

The buyer is claiming something is missing that was never included in the first place.  This should be a slam dunk win for the seller.

Actually the buyer would win this case as was already outlined in the original post where eBay told the OP they can not change the reason for the return.

It is against eBay policy to have conflicting info in your listings.  The OP had a condition definition that was not the same as the description.

Good Luck Selling!

Message 168 of 173
latest reply

The OP had a condition definition that was not the same as the description.

You are mistaken or posted in the wrong thread 

Message 169 of 173
latest reply

I agree that the item was as described - but it should have been listed in parts/not working because it is missing the essential component. So by being listed in used - is was is INAD. I'm happy for the OP that they other buyers read the listing and knew exactly wht they were getting.

Message 170 of 173
latest reply

@robot-hands wrote:

@secretsquirrelisnowhere wrote:
Don't list parts under used. Used means it is working as intended with all the necessary equipment that was included as new. You only have part of the modem so it is not used but parts or repair.

That's not what that means.

Read the Ebay definition of "used", it is what it means.  You only have a part of the whole, then it doesn't get called "used" it's goes into parts/repair.  This was a PART of a functioning modem, therefore it belonged in PARTS.  

Message 171 of 173
latest reply

@hillbillymedia wrote:

@goodluckselling wrote:

@hillbillymedia wrote:

@calntom wrote:

I have several listings like that and we know that is just asking for trouble. Though I do list mine as "for parts not working" and even then, it is just begging for a return.

Refund and buyer keeps the junk, move on.

No, instead get it back, buy a $3 power cord and resell it for $40.

The exact same item sells on eBay right now for the same price as the OP's item and they come with a cord.  In fact there are new ones for just a couple dollars more.

It is possible when the buyer was browsing and saw most of them came with a cord they let there guard down and just assumed all of them would have a cord?

Good Luck Selling!

I didn`t care enough about the issue to research solds or active listings. The point for me is that the missing power supply is just a few bucks shipped. If what you say is true, and I don`t doubt it, and a buyer can purchase the same item with a cord for the same price, then the buyer should have done exactly that. This furthers my belief that the buyer either purchased in haste or didn`t see the description/pictures, and neither of those things are the sellers fault.

It is the seller's fault if the seller guarantees the item comes with all it's parts and working.  That's what the USED catagory means.  The seller put it in the wrong catagory.  It belonged in parts because it's only a part of the whole.

Message 172 of 173
latest reply

Only in these forums could you have a person argue that a modem is not a modem.

Message 173 of 173
latest reply