cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Another ridiculous return!

I sold an internet cable modem and he FIRST SENTENCE of the description states ‘JUST THE MODEM’. 

Now the buyer opens a return return case for ‘missing parts’ and is asking me where the cord is!!!

ebay won’t close it out, and if they do they’ll force close it and give me a defect I’d have to get removed a week later for ‘case closed without seller resolution’. 

And SUPPOSEDLY eBay has NO WAY TO CHANGE a false SNAD to buyers remorse!!!! All these dumb updates that ruin the site and all this time spent on useless tools, yet YOU CAN’T ALTER YOUR RETURN SYSTEM TO STOP FALSE CLAIMS!!!

PLEASEE, someone PLEASSEEEE TELL ME HOW A COMPANY MAKING THIS MUCH MONEY, can’t habdle something SO SIMPLE!?

another rep said ACCEPT IT and then appeal it after I get the return!! You have to be kidding me! What kind of advice is that! How about just fix your returns!!!

Message 1 of 173
latest reply
172 REPLIES 172

Re: Another ridiculous return!

@honestabe411 wrote:
So if I sell a car without a battery I should list the car in parts and not functioning?

If you can get it functioning without the battery - great. Smiley Happy But cars that are not listed as parts cars are sold WITH a battery. And tires - ect. So that the buyer can use it as a car.

But whenever someone makes an analogy then someone else comes along to poke holes in it so lets not get the whole conversation off track.

Do you know where the power supply is for this thing? Can you just put it in a padded envelope and mail it to the buyer? I have boxes of them although theyre all different kinds so keeping them as spares is kind of pointless from what i see. One of these days i will toss them in the recycling. 

Message 31 of 173
latest reply

@buyselljack2016 wrote:

Hassle free returns should be for a reason other than buyer error. Take the food off the table of the buyer, not the seller. This isn't Walmart, or Sears.

The difference between what "should" happen and the reality of what is going to happen is no doubt pretty large. We'll see . . .

Message 32 of 173
latest reply

@honestabe411 wrote:
Not at all. I will either get it closed and go through the hassle or appeal after accepting. I WILL be reimbursed by eBay 100% Guaranteed..how I am every time...its just a MASSIVE HASSLE on their part that they PURPOSELY do..I will continue to post all nonsense

I certainly wish you luck. Please do come back and update this thread when you've either gotten it closed or won your appeal. I'm sure a number of sellers on this board will be interested in know how you did it.

Message 33 of 173
latest reply

maybe you could take this as a learning moment and change the verbiage of your listings?

Also, I would say the item was not as described because you claim no hassle returns and you're hassling the customer over a return.

"Believe in something, even if it means sacrificing everything" Colin Kaepernick the new face of NIKE
Message 34 of 173
latest reply

I'm thinking you have run into one of the multi-million dollar scammers on ebay. The reshippers to Asia, more specifically korea. They will scam in any way that is possible... dont use tracking? Well, they'll open a case on you for sure and get the product for free and then send it to their client in Korea. They file all sorts of claims that ebay and paypal of course don't do any looking into but just automatically accept for whatever reason.

See if the buyer has left feedback for others. It is probably just one of his many accounts.

Message 35 of 173
latest reply

@honestabe411 wrote:
Not at all. I will either get it closed and go through the hassle or appeal after accepting. I WILL be reimbursed by eBay 100% Guaranteed..how I am every time...its just a MASSIVE HASSLE on their part that they PURPOSELY do..I will continue to post all nonsense

OMG and this right here is WHY buyers feel they need to lie. 

Buyers are sick of sellers who don't honor their return policies.

Message 36 of 173
latest reply

@numisnorway wrote:

I'm thinking you have run into one of the multi-million dollar scammers on ebay. The reshippers to Asia, more specifically korea. They will scam in any way that is possible... dont use tracking? Well, they'll open a case on you for sure and get the product for free and then send it to their client in Korea. They file all sorts of claims that ebay and paypal of course don't do any looking into but just automatically accept for whatever reason.

See if the buyer has left feedback for others. It is probably just one of his many accounts.

I just reread the OP's first post. What was in it that made you draw any of the conclusions/speculations/conjectures you've come up with?

It was just some guy who thought he was getting a modem with a power cord, and he received just the modem. It was a $9.99 item, and the buyer paid the shipping--$5.72. Where do you come up with the idea that it was a Korean reshipper scammer with multiple accounts? LOL!

Message 37 of 173
latest reply

no.  the op is not complaining about returns.  he's complaining about the ridiculousness of ebay customer service no longer having the ability to close out a false SNAD claim.. 

For the last 18 months  if customer service was able to clearly look at the details ,facts.. and make a determination.. If the buyer claimed an SNAD, that was actually, buyer error. buyer ignorance or buyer trying to get free return shipping..  The rep would close the snad claim .  

I'm sure buyers called in droves and complained that they weren't able to do a return.. THE ANSWER SHOULD HAVE BEEN< You aren't able to abuse the system to try and get out of paying return shipping.. you aren't able to blame a seller for you, the buyer, not having read the listing.    Instead, i'm sure the only thing the CS reps reported to the higher ups ,was that buyers were unhappy about CS stepping in.. 

What should have been made clear to the higher ups,, THE CS WERE ACTUALLY DOING THEIR JOB, PROTECTING SELLERS AND THE INTEGRITY OF THE PROCESS..  . ..however, ebay higher ups probably took the partial information,, and then saw that buyer growth was waning.   And somehow, illogically ascribed the decline to the returns process..... ATTENTION EBAY DECISION MAKERS,, BUYERS A REFRAINING FROM SHOPPInG ON EBAY BECAUSE THE SEARCH FUNCTION IS CONSTANTLY CHANGING FOR THE WORSE.. THEY CAN'T FIND WHAT THEY ARE LOOKING FOR. EVERY TIME THEY FINALLY FIGURE OUT HOW TO NAVIGATE EBAYS "NEW IMPROVED SEARCH AND SITE"   LO AND BEHOLD ,, EBAY CHANGES IT.. THATS WHY BUYERS ARE NOT SHOPPING ON EBAY.

Message 38 of 173
latest reply

@couldabeenworse wrote:

One could argue that you are purposely creating this massive hassle by looking for eBay to make it all better instead of becoming a better seller.

This seller has lots of experience and is a board regular.  I don't think he needs to be scolded and told to be a better seller.  Just maybe adding more language to his description for next time.

Message 39 of 173
latest reply

First of all, ebay and paypal facilitate this sort of behavior and some have even based their entire business model around it..

Secondly, the fact that the buyer opened a case and that he bought all sorts of unrelated stuff. Very few actual buyers have a buying pattern like that in a short period of time and judging by my own experience with these reshippers i'd say its a possibility.
Message 40 of 173
latest reply

Was this buyer located in California?

Message 41 of 173
latest reply

@honestabe411 wrote:
So if I sell a car without a battery I should list the car in parts and not functioning?

I'm just letting you know that as listed , I would have expected a power cable.  That's just my $0.02.

To me a modem includes the power cord. To you apparently it doesn't.

To me saying something has no issues and works great means you can turn it on.  To you apparently it doesn't.

IMHO, if you list a car without a battery, you shouldn't say the car runs.... because it doesn't.   

Not trying to be difficult.... I'm just letting you know that to me this does not rise to the level of a ridiculous return.  I have had ridiculous returns.  This isn't one.

You write in your listing, " I always accept returns hassle free" ......   Make it so.

Message 42 of 173
latest reply

@buyselljack2016 wrote:

No cables, just modem, would need to be in the title.

Buyers have stopped reading.

Buyers have stopped looking at photos.

No need to look, or read. They have the eBay MBG.

I'm a buyer and you're wrong, some buyers have stopped reading, some have stopped looking  at photos. Blanket statements are unnecessary. I need to look and read regardless of eBay MBG.

Message 43 of 173
latest reply

lasantino wrote:

no.  the op is not complaining about returns.  he's complaining about the ridiculousness of ebay customer service no longer having the ability to close out a false SNAD claim.. 

For the last 18 months  if customer service was able to clearly look at the details ,facts.. and make a determination.. If the buyer claimed an SNAD, that was actually, buyer error. buyer ignorance or buyer trying to get free return shipping..  The rep would close the snad claim .  

I'm sure buyers called in droves and complained that they weren't able to do a return.. THE ANSWER SHOULD HAVE BEEN< You aren't able to abuse the system to try and get out of paying return shipping.. you aren't able to blame a seller for you, the buyer, not having read the listing.    Instead, i'm sure the only thing the CS reps reported to the higher ups ,was that buyers were unhappy about CS stepping in.. 

What should have been made clear to the higher ups,, THE CS WERE ACTUALLY DOING THEIR JOB, PROTECTING SELLERS AND THE INTEGRITY OF THE PROCESS..  . ..however, ebay higher ups probably took the partial information,, and then saw that buyer growth was waning.   And somehow, illogically ascribed the decline to the returns process..... ATTENTION EBAY DECISION MAKERS,, BUYERS A REFRAINING FROM SHOPPInG ON EBAY BECAUSE THE SEARCH FUNCTION IS CONSTANTLY CHANGING FOR THE WORSE.. THEY CAN'T FIND WHAT THEY ARE LOOKING FOR. EVERY TIME THEY FINALLY FIGURE OUT HOW TO NAVIGATE EBAYS "NEW IMPROVED SEARCH AND SITE"   LO AND BEHOLD ,, EBAY CHANGES IT.. THATS WHY BUYERS ARE NOT SHOPPING ON EBAY.

This. WHY should it be a SNAD when it's exactly as described?

The OP is NOT NOT NOT complaining about the return. He's complaining about the false SNAD.

That said, let me relate an experience I had several times the other day when I was trying to buy an item I finally gave up on due to the fact that nothing eBay EVER works and went elsewhere to buy.

First, I got the "CLICK TO SEE DESCRIPTION" box. When I clicked the box, I then got the  "Oops! Something went wrong. Please try again later." nonsense.

Maybe the buyer never even got to see the description. It wouldn't surprise me.

Chaos is NOT an "industry standard".
Message 44 of 173
latest reply

@gramophone-georg wrote:

This. WHY should it be a SNAD when it's exactly as described?

The OP is NOT NOT NOT complaining about the return. He's complaining about the false SNAD.

What makes you think the OP has described it exactly correct?  How on earth can the OP describe as working perfectly when they can not even power it up due to no power supply?

Good Luck Selling!

Message 45 of 173
latest reply