cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Chat, November 25 @ 1:00 pm PT - General Topics

brittanie@ebay
eBay Staff (Alumni)

Hi everyone! Thanks for joining us for the Weekly Chat with eBay Staff. We don't have a specific topic this week, so feel free to share any general buying or selling questions you may have.

The chat thread will remain open until 2 PM PT at which point we'll close it from additional responses. After that time, we'll continue to work on responding to any queries that might still be unanswered.

To post your question, click Reply in the lower right corner of this post, type your question, and hit submit between 1-2 PM Pacific Time. The format of our chat mirrors the format of our Community Discussion Boards, where each post will appear in the thread chronologically. The Community Team will review each question as it comes in, and will quote the original question in our reply. This quote and the reply will appear later in the thread, so just keep scrolling down to see our answers.

Missed the chat? Send your questions to the podcast by calling  888-723-4630 or email us at podcast@ebay.com and maybe your questions will make it on the air! Or listen to past episodes while you wait for next Wednesday!

charlie.jpg

Brittanie,
Community Team

Message 1 of 86
latest reply
85 REPLIES 85

Re: Community Chat, November 25 @ 1:00 pm PT - General Topics

tyler@ebay wrote:

@golfingaddict wrote:

I have concerns about item specifics.  When I fill them out on variation listings, I am seeing that some are asking for size?  Well if the size is the variation, I cannot add size.   

This seems strange to me.  Some of my variation listings are older and have a long history of sales.  If size is a required soon item specific, what should I put for size.  Am I going to have to redo all my variation listings? 

Hi @golfingaddict - this is a great question! I've been trying to get you exact details but am having a tricky time. As near as I can tell you should use the variation details where possible - so if you have a variation named 'size' you shouldn't also include an item specific named 'size'. However, I'm trying to get specifics, I'll update this chat!

I can provide my experience with this if you want to start a thread on the selling board golfingaddict. I don't have enough time to type it out before the chat is locked.

Message 61 of 86
latest reply

tyler@ebay wrote:

@golfingaddict wrote:

I have concerns about item specifics.  When I fill them out on variation listings, I am seeing that some are asking for size?  Well if the size is the variation, I cannot add size.   

This seems strange to me.  Some of my variation listings are older and have a long history of sales.  If size is a required soon item specific, what should I put for size.  Am I going to have to redo all my variation listings? 

Hi @golfingaddict - this is a great question! I've been trying to get you exact details but am having a tricky time. As near as I can tell you should use the variation details where possible - so if you have a variation named 'size' you shouldn't also include an item specific named 'size'. However, I'm trying to get specifics, I'll update this chat!

Here is an example:  It says size is required soon.  But the problem is that my variation is size and color.  I have three sizes in that listing.  I also have several colors.  It's going to be a mess when "required soon" becomes a reality.

Thanks

size.png

-----

Edit: A reply to your question can be found here

Message 62 of 86
latest reply

brian@ebay wrote:

@mtgraves7984 wrote:

"... 9 cans of Spam and make a Spam turkey ..."

@gracieallen01 , brian@ebay , brittanie@ebay 

I have a granddaughter that has a Thanksgiving birthday. The last time it hit on Thanksgiving Day proper (2017), I baked her this turkey birthday cake. We gobbled it up!  😃101_6857.JPG

@mtgraves7984 oh wow! I'm guessing those are green M&M's, cubed white cake to look like bread, fondant for the carrots? This is a great idea for a Thanksgiving birthday, I love it 😄

brian@ebay 

You guessed correctly with the cubed cake as stuffing. The peas and carrots are Starburst. Yep, Starburst. LOL

_____

Edit: Reply to this post can be read here

Message 63 of 86
latest reply

Also search engine seems to have found new ways to be broken and useless.  Not working properly with some keywords, and disregarding my attempts to exclude other keywords.

_____

Message 64 of 86
latest reply

@valueaddedresource wrote:

@dhbookds wrote:

errrr................B/half was walking by and DEMANDS politely asks for the recipe.........a rum fan, he is!

@dhbookds  - I'll send you a private message with the recipe. It's actually ridiculously easy. 🤣 

MANY THANKS

Message 65 of 86
latest reply

@creativecrisis wrote:

My daughter and I decided to do a nontraditional thing this year. I'm making chili and cornbread. And pumpkin pie, can't skip that. 😃

Happy Thanksgiving, everyone!

@creativecrisis honestly that sounds delicious! I'm a big fan of chili and cornbread, and it sounds like less work than a full traditional Thanksgiving meal. I hope you and your daughter have a happy and safe Thanksgiving! 

Brian,
Community Team
Message 66 of 86
latest reply

brian@ebay 

I just bought a similar Emil Henry pie plate, but with deeper ruffles around the edge, like this red one. It makes a beautiful deep-ruffled crust.

I'm using these 5.5" ones, though.

_____

Message 67 of 86
latest reply

Ahh traditional items for the holidays would be a home made egg nog.

It takes over a mouth in a cool dry place to finish such: I would never drink the third glass in a setting as I would be under da table..

How many friends I got to set with for not listening to that warning when drinking it...

Thanks all for some found memories of the past.

I hope all get to make some more memories this holiday.

_____
Edit: A reply to your post can be found here

Message 68 of 86
latest reply

brian@ebay
eBay Staff (Alumni)

Thanks for joining us today. It's been fun talking about Thanksgiving plans and sharing recipes. We want to continue the holiday conversation so we'll be posting a thread on the Selling board later today. Keep an eye out for it and we look forward to having more holiday fun there 🙂

Brian,
Community Team
Message 69 of 86
latest reply

@my-cottage-books-and-antiques  I agree that would be a great thing to share with the Community. We're looking into this. Have a great Thanksgiving!

Brittanie,
Community Team

Message 70 of 86
latest reply

@coffeebean832 wrote:

I was too late for the holiday shipping chat a few weeks ago because of the board sign-on issues. I posted 2 questions immediately following the chat on selling & shipping board but never got a response. Brian- I tagged you on both posts again yesterday as a reminder. Would you mind addressing this with the shipping team- if not today then as soon as you're back from the holiday break? Thanks in advance.

@coffeebean832  He saw them before the chat started and he's working on getting a response for you.

Brittanie,
Community Team

Message 71 of 86
latest reply

@pburn wrote:

Reminds me that a now-deceased friend/neighbor used to host a Thanksgiving dinner for singles, and everyone was asked to bring the dish from their traditional family gatherings that they liked the least. Of course, someone else would always love Grandma's Jell-0 concoction or Aunt Emily's green bean abomination or their mom's unrecognizable stuffing . . .

Gosh, that was fun meal.

My sister hated my favorite Jell-O dish, and I, in turn, hated her husband's favorite Jell-O dish. (We were a big Jell-O family, apparently . . . )

@pburn That sounds like an amazing party! I feel like Jell-O was a staple of my grandma's holiday events too. She was big into adding mandarin oranges in her molds. 🙂

Brittanie,
Community Team

Message 72 of 86
latest reply

@coffeebean832 wrote:

brian@ebay wrote:

@coffeebean832 actually I should clarify, is this option in Seller Hub or in the Sell Your Item flow? That will help me know which team I need to reach out. Thanks!

Accessed 2 ways within Seller Hub. One is through this link- https://www.ebay.com/sh/lst/active?pill_status=itemSpecificsRecommended then clicking on the "add item specifics" link and revising the listing through the pop-up.

The other is by adding the Recommended IS column to your customized view and clicking on listings that way and again, revising the listing through the pop-up.

While we're on the topic- this is the same place I'm having the issue with the bundle item specific.

When you check  "no" for custom bundle under recommended IS- it still tells you you're missing a recommended IS for bundle description. If you need more info on that let me know.

@coffeebean832 thanks! I'll send this over now. 

Brian,
Community Team
Message 73 of 86
latest reply

@mam98031 wrote:

I spread it out over two days, so I can enjoy it more.  Make ahead mashed potatoes are delicious and makes it much easier timing stuff right on Thanksgiving.  There are several other things I can get some of the prep done today as well that makes tomorrow easier and gives me more time to enjoy the family.  And that is my favorite part, enjoying friends and family.  We had a bigger celebration planned, but for obvious reasons it isn't a good idea this year, so we are immediate family only this year.  It will still be fun!!

I'm glad it will still be fun, even if it will look different this year (man, how many times have we had to say that in 2020?!). I love the idea of pre-prepping foods! I'm splitting my dishes across the oven, slow cooker and Instant Pot this year so hopefully I won't have to fight for much cooking space. 

Tyler,
eBay
Message 74 of 86
latest reply

@coffeebean832 wrote:

Does Sheila check in on the board at all or should we be tagging you guys instead? She's been tagged with questions a few times on the community platform feedback board but hasn't responded at all. If we should be tagging you guys (Brian, Tyler, Brittanie) instead please let us know.

@coffeebean832 general rule of thumb is to continue tagging Sheila but also include tags for Tyler, Brittanie, and my self too. This time a year can be a bit hectic for us, but if we'll all tagged then one of us will be sure to respond 🙂

Brian,
Community Team
Message 75 of 86
latest reply
About this Board

Welcome to the Retired Monthly Chat with eBay Staff board! This board contains past chats with eBay Community team members along with eBay product teams.

For eBay news and information see:

Consider posting on one of these boards for input from fellow eBay members: