cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Chat, December 2 @ 1:00 pm PT - General Topics

brian@ebay
eBay Staff (Alumni)

Hi everyone! Thanks for joining us for the Weekly Chat with eBay Staff. We don't have a specific topic this week, so feel free to share any general buying or selling questions you may have.

The chat thread will remain open until 2 PM PT at which point we'll close it from additional responses. After that time, we'll continue to work on responding to any queries that might still be unanswered.

To post your question, click Reply in the lower right corner of this post, type your question, and hit submit between 1-2 PM Pacific Time. The format of our chat mirrors the format of our Community Discussion Boards, where each post will appear in the thread chronologically. The Community Team will review each question as it comes in, and will quote the original question in our reply. This quote and the reply will appear later in the thread, so just keep scrolling down to see our answers.

Missed the chat? Send your questions to the podcast by calling  888-723-4630 or email us at podcast@ebay.com and maybe your questions will make it on the air! Or listen to past episodes while you wait for next Wednesday!

Brian,
Community Team
Message 1 of 64
latest reply
63 REPLIES 63

brian@ebay
eBay Staff (Alumni)

We also wanted to make sure you were aware of a few fun goings-on! Please feel free to join the Holiday Chit Chat thread or join the holiday gift exchange being hosted by our Community members. You can find the details here. Join the fun, socialize (share a recipe or two!) and have a great Holiday season! 🎄christmas_treegift🎁🎉🍷

Brian,
Community Team
Message 2 of 64
latest reply

I had an incident where I had two listings removed by eBay as eBay deemed them to be counterfeit.  My account was also restricted for Counterfeit item policy.

Those 2 listings were for (one) PATRICK MAHOMES 2017 PANINI ROOKIE OPTIC CONTENDERS AUTO and (two) PATRICK MAHOMES 2017 CONTENDERS RC TICKET CRACKED ICE AUTO /25 RP PANINI

So eBay did in fact recognize these two listing as counterfeit items.  Ebay authorized removal and restrictions.

So does now that set a precedence from that date forward that these are counterfeit items for any and all sellers?

I am not in some way being discriminated against?   eBay set a precedence and authorized actions that should be taken on any and all sellers.  Why the double standard?  Why are other sellers allowed to sell these same items   (over 60 sold of the same items since my removals and many more active listings, in fact during 2020 these two items have sold over 1000 times and 400 times respectively)?

Why has this precedence not been automatically applied to all sellers?

______

Edit: Reply to this post can be read here

Message 3 of 64
latest reply

When is eBay going to be more transparent when they screw things up? Seems with this recent MP issue no effort was made to keep us paying users informed. Also it is nice that while pretending to be a payment processor eBay lacks the ability to provide the support any real payment processor provides.

-----

Edit: A reply to your question can be found here

Message 4 of 64
latest reply

I had an incident where I had two listings removed by eBay as eBay deemed them to be counterfeit.  My account was also restricted for Counterfeit item policy.

Those 2 listings were for (one) PATRICK MAHOMES 2017 PANINI ROOKIE OPTIC CONTENDERS AUTO and (two) PATRICK MAHOMES 2017 CONTENDERS RC TICKET CRACKED ICE AUTO /25 RP PANINI

So eBay did in fact recognize these two listing as counterfeit items.  Ebay authorized removal and restrictions.

So if I purchase these same exact items from other sellers, can I use this email from eBay and action from eBay as verification and validation as to those newly purchased items as also being counterfeit? 

If the items turn out to be counterfeit reprints (and not legal, authorized reprints), I cannot those items ship back to the seller without potential penalty of law (illegal to ship counterfeit goods).  So eBay would provide a full refund to me without me needing to provide a 3rd party verification and validation since eBay deems them counterfeit?

Normally I would have to go back to the original manufacturer for evidence and documentation, but since eBay served as an authority when they removed my item and restricted my account, I would think eBay would allow their own authority and would treat any and all exact similar items as counterfeit goods.

Message 5 of 64
latest reply

The month of November saw at least 380 counterfeit sports cards sold on eBay with the most common:

Mike Trout

(40 sold) 2009 Bowman, Bowman Chrome Red Refractor Rookie, numbered 1 of 5

(31 sold) 2009 Bowman, Bowman Chrome Blue Refractor Rookie, numbered 018 of 150

(18 sold) 2009 Bowman, Bowman Chrome Gold Refractor, numbered 2 of 50

Patrick Mahomes

(29 sold) 2017 Panini, Optic Contenders Auto, number 103

(27 sold) 2017 Panini, Contenders Rookie Cracked Ice Auto, numbered 20 of 25

(126 sold) 2017 Leaf Metal, Metal Auto Texas Tech, numbered 5 of 5

Michael Jordan Kobe Bryant Lebron James

(24 sold) 2003 Upper Deck, Game Jersey Michael Jordan Kobe Bryant Dual Auto, numbered 8 of 10

(25 sold) 2006-07 Upper Deck, Dual Exquisite Michael Jordan Lebron James auto, numbered 23 of 23

(9 sold) 2003-04 Upper Deck, Lebron James SP Signature, numbered 21 of 50

Aaron Judge

(8 sold) 2013 Bowman, Bowman Chrome Orange Refractor Auto, numbered 17 of 25

Jerry Rice Joe Montana

(12 sold) 2016 Panini, National Treasures, Dual Auto, numbered 3 of 3

Will update eBay for counterfeit sales in December.

_____
Edit: A reply to your post can be found here

Message 6 of 64
latest reply

I would like to list this item:

Manual of Accounting for Post Exchange and Morale Funds 1931 US Marine Corps

As the title says, it's a 1931 book about accounting - accounts receivables, payables, petty cash, balance sheets, etc. - basic accounting principles.

This publication is still in print - the latest edition is 2017 - so it's hardly top secret stuff. But I get this message:

It looks like there's a problem with this listing.Military Manuals
It appears you are attempting to list a military manual that may be restricted for sale as technical data under the US Munitions list found at ITAR Part 121. Due to the highly regulated nature of these items, which can restrict even sales within the US, eBay has made the policy decision to prohibit these items altogether. Therefore, this item is not permitted and please do not attempt to relist. Please see eBay’s Military Items policy for more information.
Thanks for your attention to this matter.
{e72058-770734x}

Is there an actual person I can appeal this to? I can list it elsewhere, but I'd prefer to list it on ebay.

Besides accounting being an innocuous topic, I can't imagine that any military manual from 1931 (even ones on weapons) would provide any useful information to our enemies.

eBay's Military Items policy says "Sellers can list the following items: Military surplus items such as military-related backpacks, blankets, canteens, clothing, foot lockers, hats, helmets, and other items that you can find in online and retail stores." It would seem that this book would fit that.

Additionally, the full text is available online and the book is available in several college libraries.

If eBay is blocking all old military manuals, it would seem they're losing a lot of potential listings.

_____

Edit: Reply to this thread can be read here

Message 7 of 64
latest reply

I noticed the failed payment this morning and I see that Jordan Sweetnam has a big post on the community here right away about this particular issue. Seriously, I have had zero problems with MP since I started over a years and a half ago. What kind of support do you need that they are not providing? Any time If I have a question or concern I call them and they are there to discuss stuff. My bookeeping system is working perfectly with their system. Payments get in my account Lickety split. 

Message 8 of 64
latest reply

I have some very confusing date issues on packages that were shipped last week.  On one order, the buyer purchased the item on Nov 22.  I prepared the label and shipped the item on Mon Nov 23.    

The tracking shows that the item was in the USPS possession on Nov 23.  

ebay is saying that I shipped on Nov 25 which makes my package shipped late.

Does ebay know about this issue?  Will I be given a late shipment bad mark due to this issue?

(I have other examples)

_____
Edit: A reply to your post can be found here

Message 9 of 64
latest reply

INR Claims need Extension before Buyers can file!!!!

A few weeks ago I started a thread and looped three of you in on it ... it concerned the rise of late deliveries and unnecessary INR claims due to Covid-19 quarantines with carriers and the increased Holiday package volume with carriers and the shipping industry slowing down considerably.  I advised you that eBay needed to TAKE ACTION and extend the ability of Buyers to process INR claims AT LEAST 7 DAYS after the estimated delivery NOT 1 DAY PAST IT.

I was told by one of you that you were keeping an eye on it ... sorry , but this issue doesn't need an audience, it needs action as suggested or even a  longer extension.  I just had my 2nd INR claim pop up yesterday because a package has taken 9 days to go 5 hours from here when it would normally be a 2 day Priority Mail delivery.  Sellers should NOT be penalized because of eBay's lackadaisical attitude and inaction to a very real issue.  eBay needs to be adjusting Buyers' expectations regarding delivery WITH THE REALITY of the issues the industry faces right now.  I have had numerous Buyer message me asking where their package was ... if they all would have simply processed an INR I would be up to 5 or 6 now.  After 5 years of Selling and THOUSANDS of packages this has all happened in the last few weeks.  And it is not going to get any better between now and the end of they year ... will you PLEASE do something about this? 

_____

Edit: Reply to this thread can be read here

Regards,
Mr. Lincoln - Community Mentor
Message 10 of 64
latest reply

@justsc92  - Thank you for this information. As you're aware, we do not allow the sale of counterfeits on the site. If you come across them please use the 'Report item' form to get this to the correct team for review.

Brittanie,
Community Team

Message 11 of 64
latest reply

@justsc92 wrote:

So does now that set a precedence from that date forward that these are counterfeit items for any and all sellers?

I am not in some way being discriminated against?   eBay set a precedence and authorized actions that should be taken on any and all sellers.  Why the double standard?  Why are other sellers allowed to sell these same items   (over 60 sold of the same items since my removals and many more active listings, in fact during 2020 these two items have sold over 1000 times and 400 times respectively)?

Why has this precedence not been automatically applied to all sellers?

@justsc92 as you know, counterfeit items are against our policy and we will take action accordingly. We monitor the site around the clock taking action on items that violate our policies. This includes proactively finding these items and reactively viewing member reports. Actions taken on a sellers account are not shared with other members and may not always be visible to other members. Not seeing the actions we take on other accounts should not be taken as eBay taking no action or steps to enforce our policies.

Brian,
Community Team
Message 12 of 64
latest reply

@gwzcomps wrote:

When is eBay going to be more transparent when they screw things up? Seems with this recent MP issue no effort was made to keep us paying users informed. Also it is nice that while pretending to be a payment processor eBay lacks the ability to provide the support any real payment processor provides.

Hi @gwzcomps - we work hard to be up front with impacted members as we have information to share. We posted an Announcement regarding payouts earlier today when we had detail to provide. Thanks.

Tyler,
eBay
Message 13 of 64
latest reply

@gwzcomps wrote:

Same day is probably the best you will see.

There was an issue that affected payouts for a number of managed payments sellers on December 2nd, 2020. This issue has been resolved and all affected payouts were re-sent on December 2nd. There is no action for you to take at this time. Depending on your bank, your payouts should be reflected in your bank account in the next 1-4 business days. 

We apologize for any inconvenience.

As always, thanks for selling at eBay.

The eBay Team

https://community.ebay.com/t5/Announcements/Payout-issue-notification/ba-p/31392812

mam98031  •  Volunteer Community Member  •  Buyer/Seller since 1999
Message 14 of 64
latest reply

tyler@ebay wrote:

@gwzcomps wrote:

Hi @gwzcomps - we work hard to be up front with impacted members as we have information to share. We posted an Announcement regarding payouts earlier today when we had detail to provide. Thanks.

Yes, but no efforts were made to make the updates visible on social media or places users are more familiar with.  It is convenient to hide behind the safety of the boards but social media is where most people will look first.  Will eBay even be sending users an email through the messaging system to explain what happened to us?

-----

Edit: A reply to your question can be found here

Message 15 of 64
latest reply
About this Board

Welcome to the Retired Monthly Chat with eBay Staff board! This board contains past chats with eBay Community team members along with eBay product teams.

For eBay news and information see:

Consider posting on one of these boards for input from fellow eBay members: