cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Chat, November 25 @ 1:00 pm PT - General Topics

brittanie@ebay
eBay Staff (Alumni)

Hi everyone! Thanks for joining us for the Weekly Chat with eBay Staff. We don't have a specific topic this week, so feel free to share any general buying or selling questions you may have.

The chat thread will remain open until 2 PM PT at which point we'll close it from additional responses. After that time, we'll continue to work on responding to any queries that might still be unanswered.

To post your question, click Reply in the lower right corner of this post, type your question, and hit submit between 1-2 PM Pacific Time. The format of our chat mirrors the format of our Community Discussion Boards, where each post will appear in the thread chronologically. The Community Team will review each question as it comes in, and will quote the original question in our reply. This quote and the reply will appear later in the thread, so just keep scrolling down to see our answers.

Missed the chat? Send your questions to the podcast by calling  888-723-4630 or email us at podcast@ebay.com and maybe your questions will make it on the air! Or listen to past episodes while you wait for next Wednesday!

charlie.jpg

Brittanie,
Community Team

Message 1 of 86
latest reply
85 REPLIES 85

Where can I see records of my fees now that I'm on Managed Payments?  Is there a place to see the accounting in there?

_____

Edit: Reply to this post can be read here

Good Moms let you lick the Beaters.

Great Moms turn them off first.
Message 2 of 86
latest reply

brian@ebay
eBay Staff (Alumni)

Just a fun question, but what's everyone's plans for Thanksgiving? Any fun or unique recipes you'd like to share? (I'm excited for the holiday 😂 )

Brian,
Community Team
Message 3 of 86
latest reply

As someone who is not an expert on managed payments I may not be able to address your question in its entirety. If you have been notified to register for managed payments you are able to request a call back from a payments-trained teammate by accessing any of the Help Pages related to payments and using the 'Have us call you' feature at the bottom of the page. The information provided is accurate as of today's date 11-25-2020, but may become outdated in the future. If you are reading this at a later date please consider checking the Help Pages or request a call back from a managed payments teammate who can provide the most up to date information

After your account is activated for managed payments you will see consolidated sales and payment data in dashboards and reports within Seller Hub. You also will get a reporting interface which functions as a single location from which to access and pull consolidated data about your managed payments transactions.

Reports are available for download and export from Seller Hub. These include: Monthly statements - A high-level overview of your monthly activity on eBay, including order details, fees, and charges. Payout report - A detailed overview of payouts processed in a specified period of time. Order reports - A detailed overview of orders within a specified period of time. Performance insights - A section in Seller Hub that serves as a central hub for data related to your listings and account. Post transaction reports - Returns, Item Not Received (INR), Significantly Not as Described (SNAD). Annual 1099-K / tax reports if applicable.

This help page offers some details: View invoice | eBay

Brian,
Community Team
Message 4 of 86
latest reply

Well, we are not on lock down, but then who wants to go to a Holiday dinner in a face mask and gloves?

Good Moms let you lick the Beaters.

Great Moms turn them off first.
Message 5 of 86
latest reply

I have an idea to bring back the "Want It Now" board.

It seem to remember it was ended because of off-ebay selling.

What if the posts were anonymous so sellers couldn't directly contact them, and the only way to respond to them was with an ebay listing number or link.

The feature was helpful in the sports cards category for people trying to complete their sets.

----

Edit: a reply to your question can be found here

Message 6 of 86
latest reply

Yeah, I'm going to regress into the days of old and open up 9 cans of Spam and make a Spam turkey - just like my great-grandparents did just after the war.

_____
Edit: A reply to your post can be found here

Not saying 'NO' doesn't mean 'YES'.

The foolishness of one's actions or words is determined by the number of witnesses.

Perhaps if Brains were described as an APP, many people would use them more often.

Respect, like money, is only of 'worth' when it is earned - with all due respect, it can not be ordained, legislated or coerced. Anonymous
Message 7 of 86
latest reply

HAPPY THANKSGIVING EVERYONE !!!!  STAY SAFE AND HEALTHY!!  

9.jpg

I am grateful for the Weekly Chat and the Ebay reps that help us each and every week.  Corny but true nonetheless!

-----

Edit: A reply to your comment can be found here

mam98031  •  Volunteer Community Member  •  Buyer/Seller since 1999
Message 8 of 86
latest reply

going to a friends place that is going to try and cook a bird... Should be good.

And hello all you eBay folks.

_____

Edit: Reply to this post can be read here

Message 9 of 86
latest reply

@divwido wrote:

Where can I see records of my fees now that I'm on Managed Payments?  Is there a place to see the accounting in there?

Seller hub> payments> reports> expenses OR invoices are also available.

On the invoice, it will have a checkmark next to the fees already collected by eBay. 

https://www.ebay.com/sh/fin

Comics-scifi_collectibles Is a Volunteer Community Mentor.
I have been a seller since 2003

Message 10 of 86
latest reply

@carlqsportscards wrote:

I have an idea to bring back the "Want It Now" board.

It seem to remember it was ended because of off-ebay selling.

What if the posts were anonymous so sellers couldn't directly contact them, and the only way to respond to them was with an ebay listing number or link.

The feature was helpful in the sports cards category for people trying to complete their sets.

Hi @carlqsportscards - I'm not familiar with this one - was it a Community feature or was it on the eBay marketplace side? 

Tyler,
eBay
Message 11 of 86
latest reply

@divwido wrote:

Well, we are not on lock down, but then who wants to go to a Holiday dinner in a face mask and gloves?

@divwido It's going to be a different Thanksgiving for sure. I'm creating a list of movies I want to watch and maybe some video game to play.  

Brian,
Community Team
Message 12 of 86
latest reply

@gracieallen01 wrote:

Yeah, I'm going to regress into the days of old and open up 9 cans of Spam and make a Spam turkey - just like my great-grandparents did just after the war.

@gracieallen01  Well you've peaked my interest. Can we possibly see pictures of this magnificent creation?

Brittanie,
Community Team

Message 13 of 86
latest reply

brian@ebay wrote:

Just a fun question, but what's everyone's plans for Thanksgiving? Any fun or unique recipes you'd like to share? (I'm excited for the holiday 😂 )

Here's my weird cranberry jello receipe that is something that my mom made up when we were kids because we didn't like cranberry sauce.  

I have kind of tweak it a bit over the years.

2 cans of ocean spray whole cranberries  ( Mom only used one can) 

I box orange jello

I packet of Knox gelatin.   ( I added this when I added the extra can)

A couple of teaspoons or more of orange zest depending on your taste.  

This is what I grew up with and until I was married at 19 I had NO idea that people ate cranberry sauce on turkey.  LOL  

-----

Edit: A reply to your comment can be found here

Comics-scifi_collectibles Is a Volunteer Community Mentor.
I have been a seller since 2003

Message 14 of 86
latest reply

@mam98031 wrote:

HAPPY THANKSGIVING EVERYONE !!!!  STAY SAFE AND HEALTHY!!  

9.jpg

I am grateful for the Weekly Chat and the Ebay reps that help us each and every week.  Corny but true nonetheless!

Hahahaa @mam98031 - I love this photo, and thank you for your kind words! Hoping you won't have to do too much cooking tomorow 🙂

Tyler,
eBay
Message 15 of 86
latest reply
About this Board

Welcome to the Retired Monthly Chat with eBay Staff board! This board contains past chats with eBay Community team members along with eBay product teams.

For eBay news and information see:

Consider posting on one of these boards for input from fellow eBay members: