cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Chat, November 25 @ 1:00 pm PT - General Topics

brittanie@ebay
eBay Staff (Alumni)

Hi everyone! Thanks for joining us for the Weekly Chat with eBay Staff. We don't have a specific topic this week, so feel free to share any general buying or selling questions you may have.

The chat thread will remain open until 2 PM PT at which point we'll close it from additional responses. After that time, we'll continue to work on responding to any queries that might still be unanswered.

To post your question, click Reply in the lower right corner of this post, type your question, and hit submit between 1-2 PM Pacific Time. The format of our chat mirrors the format of our Community Discussion Boards, where each post will appear in the thread chronologically. The Community Team will review each question as it comes in, and will quote the original question in our reply. This quote and the reply will appear later in the thread, so just keep scrolling down to see our answers.

Missed the chat? Send your questions to the podcast by calling  888-723-4630 or email us at podcast@ebay.com and maybe your questions will make it on the air! Or listen to past episodes while you wait for next Wednesday!

charlie.jpg

Brittanie,
Community Team

Message 1 of 86
latest reply
85 REPLIES 85

@donsdetour wrote:

Ahh traditional items for the holidays would be a home made egg nog.

It takes over a mouth in a cool dry place to finish such: I would never drink the third glass in a setting as I would be under da table..

How many friends I got to set with for not listening to that warning when drinking it...

Thanks all for some found memories of the past.

I hope all get to make some more memories this holiday.

@donsdetour I'm glad we could share memories! That sounds like a dangerous drink (but also delicious). I hope you have a wonderful Thanksgiving! 

Brittanie,
Community Team

Message 76 of 86
latest reply

@mam98031 wrote:

Let us not forget that Chocolate Pound Cake!!

Oh we mustn't forget it @mam98031 - we mustn't!

Tyler,
eBay
Message 77 of 86
latest reply

@golfingaddict wrote:

I just finished making the pumpkin pies.  I love to bake.   It's my birthday Friday and as a thanksgiving birthday, I always have pumpkin pie instead of cake.

I also made almond flour shortbread cookies and macaroons because I don't eat flour.

I will also be doing a lot of packing and shipping.. Sales are getting pretty busy.

@golfingaddict - Happy upcoming Birthday! I think pie as a cake replacement makes perfect sense, and who could argue with homemade pumpkin pie?

Almond shortbread?! Sign me up!

Tyler,
eBay
Message 78 of 86
latest reply

@mtgraves7984 wrote:

brian@ebay wrote:

@mtgraves7984 wrote:

"... 9 cans of Spam and make a Spam turkey ..."

@gracieallen01 , brian@ebay , brittanie@ebay 

I have a granddaughter that has a Thanksgiving birthday. The last time it hit on Thanksgiving Day proper (2017), I baked her this turkey birthday cake. We gobbled it up!  😃101_6857.JPG

@mtgraves7984 oh wow! I'm guessing those are green M&M's, cubed white cake to look like bread, fondant for the carrots? This is a great idea for a Thanksgiving birthday, I love it 😄

brian@ebay 

You guessed correctly with the cubed cake as stuffing. The peas and carrots are Starburst. Yep, Starburst. LOL

@mtgraves7984 wow I wouldn't have guessed! It looks really good!

Brian,
Community Team
Message 79 of 86
latest reply

@valueaddedresource wrote:

Happy Thanksgiving everyone! Rum cake is my special addition to the festivities.  There's an "office friendly" version for the company party and the real one for home. 😉

rum cake.jpg

I have stared at this photo for longer than I should admit @valueaddedresource, thank you for sharing it and I would love to see the recipe shared on our upcoming Holiday thread on the Selling board! 

Tyler,
eBay
Message 80 of 86
latest reply

@pburn wrote:

brian@ebay 

I just bought a similar Emil Henry pie plate, but with deeper ruffles around the edge, like this red one. It makes a beautiful deep-ruffled crust.

I'm using these 5.5" ones, though.

@pburn I'm liking the deeper ruffles. I'm gonna have to dome some research to make sure I find the one I absolutely love.

Brian,
Community Team
Message 81 of 86
latest reply

@gwzcomps wrote:

Also search engine seems to have found new ways to be broken and useless.  Not working properly with some keywords, and disregarding my attempts to exclude other keywords.

@gwzcomps if you have an example that I can replicate then I'll get it reported. 

Brian,
Community Team
Message 82 of 86
latest reply

@vociferous_commenter wrote:

Apparently, there are many long-time, and still active sellers that for whatever reason have been permanently banned from the eBay community boards.

Many of these bans may have been justified, but it seems wrong (and unethical) for eBay to permanently ban sellers from their community platform while still allowing them to sell (and pay eBay fees) on the marketplace.

With new senior company and community leadership perhaps eBay can revisit this process on the go-forward, and a means to 'appeal' or re-request access to those that have been banned long ago, but still sell on eBay.

Hopefully all would agree that these seller-customers should be permitted to browse the community board in ‘read-only’ mode (without a work-around like having to sign-out or using an incognito browser session).

If nothing else, every eBay seller should be allowed to ‘read’ the critical announcement boards (even if the user is otherwise banned), if eBay still allows them to sell (or buy) on the site.

Happy Thanksgiving to all,

Hi @vociferous_commenter - members who have received a ban are given a message when they attempt to log in that provides the reason for the ban as well as the appeal process. While we cannot promise that everyone who appeals a ban would be reinstated, it's something that we would review on a case by case basis. Thanks!

Tyler,
eBay
Message 83 of 86
latest reply

@golfingaddict wrote:

tyler@ebay wrote:

@golfingaddict wrote:

I have concerns about item specifics.  When I fill them out on variation listings, I am seeing that some are asking for size?  Well if the size is the variation, I cannot add size.   

This seems strange to me.  Some of my variation listings are older and have a long history of sales.  If size is a required soon item specific, what should I put for size.  Am I going to have to redo all my variation listings? 

Hi @golfingaddict - this is a great question! I've been trying to get you exact details but am having a tricky time. As near as I can tell you should use the variation details where possible - so if you have a variation named 'size' you shouldn't also include an item specific named 'size'. However, I'm trying to get specifics, I'll update this chat!

Here is an example:  It says size is required soon.  But the problem is that my variation is size and color.  I have three sizes in that listing.  I also have several colors.  It's going to be a mess when "required soon" becomes a reality.

Thanks

size.png

Thanks @golfingaddict - this is helpful and will help me chase down the right team to bug for an answer!

Tyler,
eBay
Message 84 of 86
latest reply

@gwzcomps wrote:

On item #373125889325 the two tracking numbers didn't upload properly and won't show up in order details.  Not sure if this is a new bug on eBay of if it is working as intended.

@gwzcomps - It should show up on the Order Details page when you upload them and I can see what you're saying. I've reported this to be reviewed further by our tech team.

Brittanie,
Community Team

Message 85 of 86
latest reply

@coffeebean832 wrote:

brian@ebay wrote:

@coffeebean832 actually I should clarify, is this option in Seller Hub or in the Sell Your Item flow? That will help me know which team I need to reach out. Thanks!

Accessed 2 ways within Seller Hub. One is through this link- https://www.ebay.com/sh/lst/active?pill_status=itemSpecificsRecommended then clicking on the "add item specifics" link and revising the listing through the pop-up.

The other is by adding the Recommended IS column to your customized view and clicking on listings that way and again, revising the listing through the pop-up.

While we're on the topic- this is the same place I'm having the issue with the bundle item specific.

When you check  "no" for custom bundle under recommended IS- it still tells you you're missing a recommended IS for bundle description. If you need more info on that let me know.

_____

Edit: Reply to this post can be read here

@coffeebean832 I received an answer to this 🙂

Selecting ‘Don’t remind me about these recommendations again’ will remove the listing from appearing only until any new item specifics become recommended.

Example:

• Listing has 10 recommended item specifics
  • Listing already has 6 of them filled in
  • Seller gets notice that the listing is missing 4 recommended
  • Say those 4 are: Fabric Type, Sleeve Length, Character, and Theme
  • Seller fills in Fabric Type and Sleeve Length
  • But seller leaves Character and Theme empty for whatever reason
  • When seller selects ‘Don’t remind me about these recommendations again’, eBay will make a note that the seller doesn’t want to be reminded that Character and Theme are empty; so this particular listing won’t appear within the task/quick filter/email reminders about listings missing recommended item specifics
  • Say 1 year from now, eBay adds a new item specific recommendation for this listing: Color family
  • Now, this listing will once again appear within the task/quick filter/email reminders about listings missing recommended item specifics
Brian,
Community Team
Message 86 of 86
latest reply
About this Board

Welcome to the Retired Monthly Chat with eBay Staff board! This board contains past chats with eBay Community team members along with eBay product teams.

For eBay news and information see:

Consider posting on one of these boards for input from fellow eBay members: