cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

eBay, Please share more information with us on current technical issues........

My dear eBay, 

Communication with your customers is just one of the many hallmarks of doing good business.  

You have a technical announcement board.  Please use it.   Even if  it is a terse message to the effect that your poor sys admins are running around like crazy with clueless management types breathing down their necks and preventing them from effectively doing their jobs. 

You even have a system announcement board at ebay.com/sts but it displays very very vague information. There are a large number of us who can't upload pictures and we're seeing some very strange listing charges suddenly pop up.  

Effective communication might even cut down on all those phone calls your help desk is fielding.  It might improve employee morale to know that most of the phone calls were prevented because there was a glowing example of good judgement that posted a message to the technical board that "We're aware of the issue and we're working on it." 

Think how much a little communication might prevent those pesky discouraging employee turnover figures someone in lower management is weeping over right now....  Unless, of course, you think talented technical personnel are a dime a dozen and can be outsourced.  If so, I shudder for your technical personnel because 9 out of every 10 of them isn't half as talented as they think they are and the poor 1 out of 10 that is truly talented is overworked, underpaid, and  is ready to quit because everyone turns to them in a crisis.

So, communicate with your customers and pay your truly talented technical people well.  We'll all be better for it.

Oh, and a little common sense thrown into that communication effort would be highly appreciated.
Message 1 of 31
latest reply
30 REPLIES 30

Re: eBay, Please share more information with us on current technical issues........

Yes, I agree with you.

Community Boards is where most of us learn for the first time there is a "known" technical issue or glitch ... after we've experienced the technical issue or glitch numerous times ...  Smiley Frustrated

Message 2 of 31
latest reply

Re: eBay, Please share more information with us on current technical issues........

It looks like they at least updated ebay.com/sts to show the label problem.  

Message 3 of 31
latest reply

@oldcrabbylady wrote:
My dear eBay, 

Communication with your customers is just one of the many hallmarks of doing good business.  

You have a technical announcement board.  Please use it.   Even if  it is a terse message to the effect that your poor sys admins are running around like crazy with clueless management types breathing down their necks and preventing them from effectively doing their jobs. 

You even have a system announcement board at ebay.com/sts but it displays very very vague information. There are a large number of us who can't upload pictures and we're seeing some very strange listing charges suddenly pop up.  

Effective communication might even cut down on all those phone calls your help desk is fielding.  It might improve employee morale to know that most of the phone calls were prevented because there was a glowing example of good judgement that posted a message to the technical board that "We're aware of the issue and we're working on it." 

Think how much a little communication might prevent those pesky discouraging employee turnover figures someone in lower management is weeping over right now....  Unless, of course, you think talented technical personnel are a dime a dozen and can be outsourced.  If so, I shudder for your technical personnel because 9 out of every 10 of them isn't half as talented as they think they are and the poor 1 out of 10 that is truly talented is overworked, underpaid, and  is ready to quit because everyone turns to them in a crisis.

So, communicate with your customers and pay your truly talented technical people well.  We'll all be better for it.

Oh, and a little common sense thrown into that communication effort would be highly appreciated.

100% agreed

Message 4 of 31
latest reply

brian@ebay
eBay Staff (Alumni)

Hi everyone! We’re aware some customers are experiencing difficulty in utilizing certain site features (printing shipping labels, uploading images, and member to member messages). We’re working urgently to address this issue. Be sure to check the System Status board to be updated when these are resolved. Thanks for your patience while we work to get this resolved! 

Brian,
Community Team
Message 5 of 31
latest reply

Nice cookie cutter message! No progress updates? If I communicated with my customers this way, I'd be out of business

Message 6 of 31
latest reply

My account shows no sales today, yet I've had three, just putting that out there too as well as the other problems

Message 7 of 31
latest reply

Thank you.

Message 8 of 31
latest reply

So you are getting notified about the sales, just missing the info on your seller page?  @frappl-16 

Message 9 of 31
latest reply

I've lost a lot of valuable time today trying to create listings and failing.  Time is money to me!   Hopefully ebay will recognize this and grant its sellers some type of credit for the lost time and effort the past 2 days ( and possibly longer, since we don't know when these issues will be fixed).  In addition to informing us of progress and resolution, that is the very least I expect.

Message 10 of 31
latest reply

Right, because eBay values its sellers so highly 🙂
Message 11 of 31
latest reply

yes have shipped 4 now, but no sales on Seller Hub Sales. Been like that since this morning 7am EST

Message 12 of 31
latest reply

There are so many issues today beyond what they are showing on their status board. It would be less stressful if they would just be truthful with us.

Message 13 of 31
latest reply

@kropiewnicki29 wrote:

I've lost a lot of valuable time today trying to create listings and failing.  Time is money to me!   Hopefully ebay will recognize this and grant its sellers some type of credit for the lost time and effort the past 2 days ( and possibly longer, since we don't know when these issues will be fixed).  In addition to informing us of progress and resolution, that is the very least I expect.

It is on you now ebay, make this right with your sellers.  We pay a VERY significant amount of money in fees, every month, on time.  I personally have lost 2 days of work already (ebay is my full time job).  I sincerely hope someone at ebay is reading this and will take action in the form of some type of credit.  If not, I will be making a phone call on Monday to dedicated anchor support, and I certainly won't be happy.

Message 14 of 31
latest reply

@the.quality.goods.store wrote:

Nice cookie cutter message! No progress updates? If I communicated with my customers this way, I'd be out of business

Hi @the.quality.goods.store, I'm sorry that you found my reply to be unhelpful. My purpose in posting was to assure members that we are aware of these site issues and that we are working to fix them as quickly as possible. In the past members have asked that we communicate our acknowledgement of issues, and that is the main intent of these posts.

With the number of threads I replied to today, I did find it more efficient and effective to use the same message in each thread, especially since the information I've shared on multiple threads isn't different. Writing up a unique post to share the same overall message just didn't make the most sense. As for progress updates, I do not have any new information to share. When I do have more information about these issues, I will share those details with the Community. If I'm not in the office, then the System Status board will be a good resource for members to know when a fix has been implemented. 

Brian,
Community Team
Message 15 of 31
latest reply