cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

This is just a complaint post. Keep scrolling if you aren't in complaining mode.

So ebay is now preventing me from reading my own listings (descriptions).  It is hiding them from me because it thinks I am not human.  I am trying to clean up inventory - make sure I have the correct info in my descriptions, find inventory that ebay has deleted over the years, etc.  But captcha says I'm not human.  I do there stupid verification.  Get that little green check mark  BUT STILL CAN'T READ MY OWN DESCRIPTION THAT I WROTE!!!!!!!  

I just came here to vent because it is impossible to get anywhere with ebay.  No way to fix anything on this dumb platform.  

I am so frustrated!!!!!!!

Message 1 of 43
latest reply
42 REPLIES 42

Re: This is just a complaint post. Keep scrolling if you aren't in complaining mode.

It is not fixed on my end. 

Message 16 of 43
latest reply

Re: This is just a complaint post. Keep scrolling if you aren't in complaining mode.

Maybe say "pick a listing....any listing...." I think hundreds of folks are in the same boat. I don't know why anyone at eBay is not at least addressing the problem. Just a heads up. So frustrating. But.....what can one do but wait.

Message 17 of 43
latest reply

eBay makes me verify myself before I can even make a purchase. I am now an expert at separating castles from stadiums. If I check my own feedback. I have to verify myself. If I have to check anyone's feedback, I have to be verified. I am thinking of logging out because on other browsers that I am not logged in, I do not have to go through this dance.

But it is not just eBay. Several sites claim I am not human. I think the issue is whoever is providing these services to these websites has set the threshold so low that any moderate use of the site is seen as suspicious.

I used to use a clock site to remind me of auctions on eBay I was interested in. I got banned because I used it too much and my activities were deemed suspicious. After all who sets alarms several times a day? I also do not know how many criminals are setting alarms online to cause this suspicion. 

Bottom lime is if you use some sites too much these days, they will ban you. Or make you jump through hoops. 

Message 18 of 43
latest reply

Things to try:

1. Check that you are, in fact, human.

2. Study up on the difference between Sports Stadium and Castle.

Seriously, this is probably just ebay's way of letting sellers know that, as of next year, Janet Yellen will show up at your house every time you make a sale to pick up the government's cut.

Message 19 of 43
latest reply

@oatreasure wrote:

So ebay is now preventing me from reading my own listings (descriptions).  It is hiding them from me because it thinks I am not human.  I am trying to clean up inventory - make sure I have the correct info in my descriptions, find inventory that ebay has deleted over the years, etc.  But captcha says I'm not human.  I do there stupid verification.  Get that little green check mark  BUT STILL CAN'T READ MY OWN DESCRIPTION THAT I WROTE!!!!!!!  

I just came here to vent because it is impossible to get anywhere with ebay.  No way to fix anything on this dumb platform.  

I am so frustrated!!!!!!!

Hey @oatreasure! We apologize about the issue you are running into when trying view your item description. Our Tech team is aware of this and has an open ticket to have this resolved. If yourself or an other seller is running into this, I recommend to reach out to customer support and let them know that you are experiencing ALERT 14719. Also I will have our Tech board update shortly to reflect this new open ticket.   

Devon,
eBay
Message 20 of 43
latest reply

Yes. It's happening to all listings. For me, my item locations are at the end of my description and I have several thousand.  The only way I could find my items was to pull up sold listing, click on sell similar and it was there.  THIS NEEDS TO BE FIXED ASAP. 

Message 21 of 43
latest reply

ebay prove human page.JPG

That's hilarious. They're doing it because it allows "us to block unauthorized users from entering our site."

Couldn't unauthorized users click the box and do the captcha, too?  Maybe it's hooked up to our accounts and can only be done if we're signed in.  Seems like it's something new every week these days. 

Message 22 of 43
latest reply

If it makes you feel better, I can’t see your description or mine either. 
Glitchbay is at it again. 

Message 23 of 43
latest reply

Tried to report the problem and was greeted by  the captcha.

Message 24 of 43
latest reply

@coolections 

I clicked for 5 minutes on multiple listings.  The captcha keeps coming up and telling me I'm wrong.  I think I know what a castle looks like.  Ridiculous.  Thanks for suggestion all the same. 

Message 25 of 43
latest reply

Might be a Chrome thing.  I can see other seller's descriptions on Firefox (not signed in).  I can't see any descriptions on Chrome. Like others, I complete the captcha, get the green check, then nothing.   

Sounds like a good time to go outside and put my hands in some dirt. 

Message 26 of 43
latest reply

I just tried.  I thinks I'm a bot too.  They do however kick up an error now that suggests trying a different browser.  

If this isn't happening on phones it makes me wonder.  One more emphasis on phone buyers that screwed up everyone else! 

She who dies with the most toys still dies; when's the estate sale?
Message 27 of 43
latest reply

i have the same issue. you contact them.

Message 28 of 43
latest reply

yup thats called Cassini the worst search engine ever ( and just when you thought it couldnt get any worse it does ) , just tell your customers to use google much better ... 

Message 29 of 43
latest reply

google is much better at finding ebay listings ... and should a buyer come to the ebay community to find help to find a listing ... it should be BUYER friendly , i appreciate everyone wanting to help but most buyers will just give up if its to hard ... maybe thats why ebay has lost around 25% buyers in the past 5 years ... use to love ebay now its just headache after headache .. sad ... go luck 

Message 30 of 43
latest reply