cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

This is just a complaint post. Keep scrolling if you aren't in complaining mode.

So ebay is now preventing me from reading my own listings (descriptions).  It is hiding them from me because it thinks I am not human.  I am trying to clean up inventory - make sure I have the correct info in my descriptions, find inventory that ebay has deleted over the years, etc.  But captcha says I'm not human.  I do there stupid verification.  Get that little green check mark  BUT STILL CAN'T READ MY OWN DESCRIPTION THAT I WROTE!!!!!!!  

I just came here to vent because it is impossible to get anywhere with ebay.  No way to fix anything on this dumb platform.  

I am so frustrated!!!!!!!

Message 1 of 43
latest reply
42 REPLIES 42

Re: This is just a complaint post. Keep scrolling if you aren't in complaining mode.

Apparently it's hard to find good help in Silicon Valley.

Message 2 of 43
latest reply

Re: This is just a complaint post. Keep scrolling if you aren't in complaining mode.

@oatreasure 

Sorry for your situation. I can understand your frustration.  In the last week or so, multiple glitches on different features have been discussed here on this forum.  Last week I was trying to print a label and every time I kept getting the kid with the hood over his head, the "We've looked everywhere" notice.  🙄The thing is it seems to always happen on a holiday or a time frame where sellers could make some money.  Going into the Christmas season last year was the worst, not to mention the items specifics is still a mess.  It's like I stated in another post, eBay seems to idol at difficult sometimes and handy capping sellers.  I can see why sellers get discouraged.   All I can say is to hang in there and perhaps remit a maintenance ticket about the situation.

Good luck and Happy Selling.

Message 3 of 43
latest reply

While we're venting any idea why virtually no one is looking at your listings since ebay "offered" their upgraded i.e. costs extra listing option? I recently listed a name brand radio and if I search by brand name and model # exactly as listed in my listing it doesn't appear. If I use a different combination of terms sometimes it magically appears. Not sure who tweaked the algorithm but it is killing business.

Message 4 of 43
latest reply

I find it ironic that a site that relies so heavily on "bots" to do anything is worried about "bots".
Maybe their own "bots" can't get past the captcha to fix it?

Message 5 of 43
latest reply

I just realized the same thing myself. Tried different ways to sneak in to see my description but no go. I'm hoping it is a glitch and not some hair brained idea for no good reason, except to frustrate us of course...

Message 6 of 43
latest reply

Those captchas can be confusing sometimes. You are probably not clicking all the pictures you are required to click. Just keep clicking to show another one and sooner or later you will get it right.

Message 7 of 43
latest reply

@lb23cavaliersmvp  Search for some can be confusing. Give us the title and we will be glad to help you out. Too many words usually messes things up. Keep it simple.

Message 8 of 43
latest reply

@coolections wrote:

Those captchas can be confusing sometimes. You are probably not clicking all the pictures you are required to click. Just keep clicking to show another one and sooner or later you will get it right.

No, it's actually an (apparently) site-wide problem this morning, affecting all sellers' listings, not just your own: 

https://community.ebay.com/t5/Report-eBay-Technical-Issues/All-item-descriptions-being-blocked-by-a-... 

Message 9 of 43
latest reply

I am having this problem this morning as well.  Not only cannot I not read my own descriptions but I received an offer and I cannot read their description.  It will be a slow weekend for sales on ebay if no one can read my listings.  What a mess

Message 10 of 43
latest reply

thank you for the information. There is just no way that someone actually sold managment on this idea. 

I do have to question how this issue is affecting views, offers, and sales to us sellers?

Too many glitches and constant updates going on that are affecting sellers. 

Message 11 of 43
latest reply

@sextons-sweet-deals wrote:

thank you for the information. There is just no way that someone actually sold managment on this idea. 

I do have to question how this issue is affecting views, offers, and sales to us sellers? 

I don't even want to think about that. Right now they're probably in panic mode, trying to wake up their contract programmers over in Europe someplace, to get them out of bed and working on a rollback of whatever un-tested code they tossed into Production overnight.

Message 12 of 43
latest reply

OK, well it must be fixed as I did not have that problem all morning. But, with that said those captchas can be annoying and you have to really pay attention.

Message 13 of 43
latest reply

I recently listed a name brand radio and if I search by brand name and model # exactly as listed in my listing it doesn't appear. If I use a different combination of terms sometimes it magically appears.

You may have listed your radio in the wrong category for those particular keywords. Check to see if your search is being steered into a particular category once the page loads completely, and compare that category to the one you have listed in.

Message 14 of 43
latest reply

I am having the same issue. Called ebay. They requested I send them screen shots which I did. I tried different broswers, cleaned cache, rebooted - same problem.  This problem does not exist and my android phone.  Ebay doe not acknowledge the problem exists

Message 15 of 43
latest reply