cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

eBay Bucks Program Going Away?

I am seeing reports on Twitter about the eBay Bucks Program possibly being discontinued.

Sure enough, eBay is showing enrollment is currently closed.

bucks.jpg

https://pages.ebay.com/rewards/faq.html#enrollment

Has there been an official announcement anywhere about this program being discontinued or phased out?

Message 1 of 38
latest reply
37 REPLIES 37

It figures , I was going to start buying laptops on ebay again since they finally fixed the ewaste fee charges and bucks may be ending. Maybe they'll have a new promotion to replace it.

Message 2 of 38
latest reply

@valueaddedresource wrote:

bucks.jpg

Cutting expenses such as rewards, advertising, etc - not unusual these days.

Message 3 of 38
latest reply

Trying to coax more people to sign up for their Mastercard.

Message 4 of 38
latest reply

That, and cutting Paypal out of the pay-out method, just makes them more money.  And they do these periodic reviews of how to make more money beyond fees. It stinks to some degree, but if they do enough of these kinds of things they create more competition for themselves. 

Message 5 of 38
latest reply

eBay is just trying to survive in the cut-throat ecommerce world of today.  It is what it is!

Message 6 of 38
latest reply

i was told there will be a new ebay bucks program after the 31s of march 2021 and people that were in before get a grandfathered # don't know details or if its at all true 

Message 7 of 38
latest reply

that could be that shut down date as well

Message 8 of 38
latest reply

If you haven't had confirmation yet; yes received notice from eBay confirming 

Message 9 of 38
latest reply

@jd9912 wrote:

eBay is just trying to survive in the cut-throat ecommerce world of today.  It is what it is!

eBay showed nearly a 20% increase in profits in 2020 

Message 10 of 38
latest reply

The message I got said eBay bucks earned  @ 1% on purchases was discontinuing yet they will have some days where discounts will be offered thus less incentives for buyers this move may cost them more than they think as buyers will look elsewhere.. Time will tell.

Message 11 of 38
latest reply

I'm still upset Walmart took away the Savings Catcher lol. They lost a lot of my business and ebay will too. I spend way too much money on ebay but I could somewhat justify it by saying well we'll get a small portion back like we're using a coupon. Companies are so greedy, *especially* eBay.. 

Message 12 of 38
latest reply

Sensitivity vs greed ?

Unfortunately some ebay buyers may feel they are taken for granted, ebay's choice was to increase it's profit 

Message 13 of 38
latest reply

No, the Ebay Bucks program is NOT going away.

As of today, Ebay will no longer provide buyers with the 1% Ebay Bucks on their purchases, but there WILL still be occasional 5% Bonus Bucks promotions.

*lady*madonna*
Volunteer Ebay Community Mentor

Message 14 of 38
latest reply

No, the Ebay Bucks program is NOT going away.

As of today, Ebay will no longer provide buyers with the 1% Ebay Bucks on their purchases, but there WILL still be occasional 5% Bonus Bucks promotions.

@*lady*madonna* 

It all depends on which message one was sent.  There were two versions. One has the info provided above, the other was missing "the occasional....".  eBay

Confirmation that the two different versions were intentional can be found in message #33 here:

https://community.ebay.com/t5/Selling/Ebay-Bucks-Program-being-RETIRED/td-p/31661920/page/4

Message 15 of 38
latest reply