Buying
Discover tried-and-true techniques for better bidding and buying on eBay from fellow experienced members.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum Posts

A Scam on Facebook Marketplace

Facebook Marketplace actually had several posts involving Volkswagon Beetles for sale that were in great shape for very little money. They entice you, and then when you send a message they send you to an email telling you that the car will be sold on...

Currently being Zip Code Scammed - how to win dispute?

Like an idiot, I bought a too good to be true Item that is clearly a zip code scam. The item is a power generator (250 lbs) that is shipping “USPS Priority Mail”. Purchase date: 6/12/22Marked shipped with no tracking number: 6/13/22Estimated Delivery...

Sell relisted the item I won. Wont respond to request

I recently won an auction, and the seller has now relisted the same item for auction again. He is not responding to my request to get an explanation. As far as I can tell, eBay can't really be contacted about anything. So beware, seller not someone y...

User avatar by Pathfinder
  • 12 replies
  • 0 helpful

Resolved! Unfair practice

I recently purchased an item onlynto have it cancelled saying it was damaged or out of stock. The seller immediately turned around and relisted the item for more money that I purchased it for. I still want the item at my purchased price. How do I get...

Resolved! How to find out seller's requirements

Hello, I bought from a seller before and left positive feedback. Now I'm going to add something to the cart and I get the message "An item you selected was not added to your cart because the seller will not sell to buyers that do not meet their requi...

I think I just lost $1000

I bought a steam deck for $1000 immediately after I realized it was a scam. I tried to get my money back and the case was closed I forget why. They still haven’t sent it. They’re from another country. I can’t reopen the case cause it’s closed. I real...

The Case Of The Disappearing Thousands

Quick, Watson -- the game's afoot! Several times a day, I enjoy searching through the daily "newly listed" items showcased in the categories "Book Lots" and "Magazine Lots," both sub-categoried in "Books And Magazines." It's a dandy way to pick up ne...

Scam or nah?

Hi again,As I mentioned in my previous email, I recently divorced from my ex-husband. We sold the house and I took the kids and moved back with my parents, in Topeka, KS. At this moment they are the only left I can rely on. Before leaving I had prear...

Item purchased

When a buyer has a problem with an item purchased and seller ignores message, Ebay is not there to help. Ebay is for the seller and making a profit. No help for the buyer. Ebay sucks.

Purchase Missing

I have a purchase missing from my Purchase History and my Summary. I have located it. It is paid, and shipped. Ebay says it's arriving tomorrow, USPS says it's arriving today.It was stuck in Dallas for two days.It went missing from my ebay records ab...

Feedback

Why aren't sellers required to give positive feedback upon payment? Most do, but many say they'll do it when they get theirs. Some won't even when you give it. Buyer has done a perfect job at this point. I've been a member since 2008 and my score sho...

User avatar by Explorer
  • 40 replies
  • 2 helpful
Most Marked as Helpful Authors