cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ebay Bucks Program being RETIRED

So, I just got the message on another account that Ebay is retiring the Ebay bucks Program starting April 1st.  Yet another perk down the drain. Any thoughts?

Message 1 of 45
latest reply
44 REPLIES 44

what do you expect from greedy corps. It was a nice gift back and thank you (though small) for using their platform, so of course it had to go. But then they are scum like all US corps, giving back, or even thanks, to their users is NOT "The American Way".

Message 31 of 45
latest reply

"I used to really like eBay bucks & it motivated me to buy.

Im buying less all the time.

Guess I needed that motivation.

One more reason to not buy."  Yep, I wiped everything out on my "watch list" --- Probably a dozen things I didn't need anyway - Less is better. Ebay giving less? Me buying less. Works out perfectly! 😉

Message 32 of 45
latest reply

@pburn wrote:

brittanie@ebay 

According to your link, my account qualifies to remain an active participant in the eBay Bucks program, but I received an email that DOES NOT include the paragraphs about the revised program.

• You have a US address tied to an eBay account and the account is in good standing (no holds or suspensions)
  • You have an eBay account registered on eBay.com

So, my questions are as follows:

1. Did I receive the wrong version of the email?
  2. Will we all receive a CORRECTED version of the email?
  3. Will there be any explanation as to who REALLY still qualifies for the program and who doesn't?
  4. Will there be any accountability for sending out the different versions of the email, some of which were apparently sent incorrectly? Or will it be passed off as our "confusion over the different e-mails."

@pburn  - Thank you for the questions!

Not everyone received the same e-mail and this was intentional. Feedback about this has already been provided to the correct team. To my knowledge, there is not a plan to send further e-mails on this. 

Anyone who already qualified for eBay Bucks and continues to meet the program requirements, will be eligible for the terms described under "Earning eBay Bucks" on the FAQ page.

It looks like they have been updating the help page (Earning and using eBay Bucks), as it now reads:

"Enrollment in eBay Bucks is currently closed and after careful consideration, we’ve decided to retire the 1% earnings reward on everyday purchases.

However we’ll still be running eBay Bucks special offers so you may still receive bonus offers by invite."

The invite does not refer to joining the program, it refers to "bonus offers" which are discussed in the FAQ page as well.  If that does not help clarify things, please let me know.

Brittanie,
Community Team

Message 33 of 45
latest reply

Don't hold your breath waiting on the bonus bucks offers. In the last year they have come with less frequency. My guess is soon they won't come at all.  Eliminating everyday sales is just a start to eliminating them all... In time.

Message 34 of 45
latest reply

Ending Ebay bucks stinks. It actually  put a little fun into the site. You had something to look forward too. I will be buying little off of Ebay. Welcome Esty and other sites. I found the message sent to me to be insulting. Whoever came up with the idea in an economic downturn is really putting his or hers business degree to use. Really? I guess less sales is good for Ebay and the sellers.

Message 35 of 45
latest reply

Looks very special. Some of you can get into the private club and the rest hit the curb... In other words say equality and practice discrimination.  We got it.

Message 36 of 45
latest reply

Looks very special. Some of you can get into the private club and the rest hit the curb... In other words say equality and practice discrimination.  We got it.

LOL.. I SHOULD qualify, but I got the "hit the curb" message.   Go figure. 

@manzari472000 

Message 37 of 45
latest reply

@manzari472000 wrote:

@manzari472000

But that's the problem! Between the email I received, and the eBay "help" (and I use that term quite incorrectly) pages, I can't tell whether I'm in the in-crowd or not. And the only community team member to respond excels at eBay double-speak, so I'm not going to bother to ask again.

Message 38 of 45
latest reply

Sorry, had to smile.

They must have some English majors employed.

you can still "enjoy" "savings and deals".

PLUS! "All the exciting finds" 

With the fee charge on shipping, deals are much harder to find.

Love, enjoyment, excitement!!!

So why am I buying Ma$$ively Le$$? 

Could it be that I'm not making much $$ & therefore not excited or enjoying? 

And I liked those eBay bucks. 

Message 39 of 45
latest reply

one possibility of what happened -- we had this problem in telecom when i worked in that industry...

if you don't write your legal agreement properly and it is categorized within a certain kind of financial designation, then you must continue to offer the service until the customer opts out.  you can prevent others from being added, but you must continue the service.

another possibility is that ebay may have found that the people who were already signed up within a certain category of the program were high-volume and pretty much hassle-free, so they decided to keep those regulars with additional incentives.

i didn't even see that the program existed until too late.  i buy sooooo much on ebay, and i only wish i were part of the program.  i don't have bucks...and it seems i won't even get bonus discounts.  sigh.

Message 40 of 45
latest reply

Yep!  In the past if the price was the same for an item on a competitors website, ebay would have gotten my buy, because I would be getting 1% bucks.  But now, there's no reason to go with worse service for the same price.  Ebay just lost out on a lot of buys from me.  I spend $100K a year on items for my business and ebay got a really good chunk of that business.  Now it's going back to newegg, b&h, etc.

Nicely done ebay!

Message 41 of 45
latest reply

Bye?

@ekmadonna 

Message 42 of 45
latest reply

Agree!  I spend thousands of $$ this year on ebay.  And not 1 ebay buck!!  Have not seen any special offers either.   I did not realize that they closed the program and just checked my ebay bucks and there is $0.  Very disappointing.  Will have to spend less, just a principle of the matter at this point.

Message 43 of 45
latest reply

Yep, I started to buy a little on poshmark.  At this point, looks like i'm going to be buying there way more.  

Message 44 of 45
latest reply

Hi everyone,

Due to the age of this thread, it has been closed to further replies. Please feel free to start a new thread if you wish to continue to discuss this topic.

Thank you for understanding.

Message 45 of 45
latest reply