cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

eBay Bucks Program Going Away?

I am seeing reports on Twitter about the eBay Bucks Program possibly being discontinued.

Sure enough, eBay is showing enrollment is currently closed.

bucks.jpg

https://pages.ebay.com/rewards/faq.html#enrollment

Has there been an official announcement anywhere about this program being discontinued or phased out?

Message 1 of 38
latest reply
37 REPLIES 37

Paypal is owned by Ebay.

Message 16 of 38
latest reply

THEY ARE GREEDY!!

Message 17 of 38
latest reply

As of today April 3 it says in green near the top of my purchase page that I have 29 days to use my Ebay bucks money. So its in there at least for the next month.

Message 18 of 38
latest reply

I seem to remember that as well although ending the 1% part is pretty much killing the most popular aspect of the program. 

Message 19 of 38
latest reply

You are probably right. I got my bucks today for J F & M, but bought 2 items on the 1st and received no bucks.

Message 20 of 38
latest reply

another **bleep**ty move by ebay

Message 21 of 38
latest reply

@racinglill wrote:

Paypal is owned by Ebay.

Not anymore.

PayPal was split from eBay way back in 2015 with a 5 year business agreement between the 2 companies.

A move forced by a couple of big shareholders at the time.

Message 22 of 38
latest reply

nobucks.jpg

Message 23 of 38
latest reply

they are no giving the bucks anymore

Message 24 of 38
latest reply

The following message from Ebay is actually an insult to anyone's intelligence:

"After careful and thorough consideration, we decided to retire the 1% earning as we look to continuously optimize our offerings. The good news is that we will continue to offer limited time eBay Bucks Bonus promotions for earning eBay Bucks".

I don't see any good news about this move from eBay.  Might as well eliminate the eBay Bucks program altogether.

Message 25 of 38
latest reply

"eBay Bucks" says it all...it has always been about eBay earning more bucks!  Nothing like terminating something good for the consumer, and on the hand forcing new and unwanted policies upon the eBay user.  Nice practices.......

Message 26 of 38
latest reply

Yes, the 1% eBay bucks earn for every purchase made is gone 😠

Message 27 of 38
latest reply

over 20 purchases  total $600us, not 1 ebay buck

Message 28 of 38
latest reply

Enjoying my long list of purchases I'm NOT getting ebay bucks for. As if they weren't charging enough in fees for sellers already. And replacing it with some limited time random opportunity to buy some random junk I don't need or want? How thoughtful.  "So we can optimize our offerings"? That's what they think of my intelligence. And nobody has any interesting in competing with this?  I hope every seller who maintains a store here but sells through their own site pulls their presence here. 

Message 29 of 38
latest reply

The people running this site keep finding more ways to upset the userbase & their loyalists will just shriek "if you don't like it, LEAVE!" like pre-programmed records, and since every alternative has maybe 10% of the sellers that eBay has, we probably can't leave because there's nowhere else to shop. But eBay is moving more & more to get rid of the "person selling their belongings" sellers to coddle the high-volume stores that only sell brand new items so give it a year and good luck buying any vintage item that hasn't been on the market in decades.

Otherwise we would leave & eBay would go under in 6 months. Remember that news coverage of an eBay exec & employees being criminally charged for threatening bloggers who posted facts about the company? I bet nothing about the people in charge has changed.

Message 30 of 38
latest reply