cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

eBay Bucks Program Going Away?

I am seeing reports on Twitter about the eBay Bucks Program possibly being discontinued.

Sure enough, eBay is showing enrollment is currently closed.

bucks.jpg

https://pages.ebay.com/rewards/faq.html#enrollment

Has there been an official announcement anywhere about this program being discontinued or phased out?

Message 1 of 38
latest reply
37 REPLIES 37

Re: eBay Bucks Program Going Away?

Yep I feel your pain bro. Its not a good look on top of other issues with Ebay.

Message 31 of 38
latest reply

Looks like it is still available but just the common 1% thing is gone…so just promotions that offer ebay bucks.

I used ebay bucks occasionally but found it a bit ridiculous,  3 months to earn them, and just one month to spend them or they just expire…no rollover features….Ridiculous.

I mean it’s not like buyers don’t go several months without using ebay, so I have lost out on earned bucks  a few times.  

With all the auction site competition these days it feel like eBay is trying hasten it’s own demise… removing features, locking down payments (and not lowering fees), killing most rewards….   

I guess it is just another example of a company trying to please wallstreet by increasing profits shortterm at the expense of it’s own longterm viability… which never ends well.

Without a strong founder to ward off the beancounter approach (like Bezos was for Amazon up until recently) great long term (unprofitable+expensive) investments don’t have time to take root…again, perfect example would be Amazon Prime, which would have never survived the beancounter/wallstreet pleasers and it became an enormously profitable feature).   

Message 32 of 38
latest reply

It's not enough they're charging me 2% more than my state sales tax, now they're taking away the 1% rebate in ebay bucks.

These guys are carpetbaggers.

Message 33 of 38
latest reply

@billsonl5yln wrote:

It's not enough they're charging me 2% more than my state sales tax

Is there some part of your state that charges a higher rate? If so, edit your address to include the full zip+4. That may fix it.

Message 34 of 38
latest reply

they want you to get there crappy Ebay MasterCard serviced by GE Money Bank AKA Synchrony Bank at at a whopping 21.99-29.99% APR. Synchrony Bank used to be GE Money Bank and usually want bad to fair credit around 550-650 FICO they will approve you  for a credit limit up to 1000-5000 at an APR of 29.99 %. There credit card sucks make a payment and that just the interest even if you make more than the min payment

Message 35 of 38
latest reply

@cwlemaster wrote:

they want you to get there crappy Ebay MasterCard serviced by GE Money Bank AKA Synchrony Bank at at a whopping 21.99-29.99% APR. Synchrony Bank used to be GE Money Bank and usually want bad to fair credit around 550-650 FICO they will approve you  for a credit limit up to 1000-5000 at an APR of 29.99 %. There credit card sucks make a payment and that just the interest even if you make more than the min payment

The APR doesn't matter if you pay the balance every month.

Message 36 of 38
latest reply

So basically they are not giving reward points anymore unless they are having one of those special 5% promotion date which only happen randomly....

**bleep** that's lame, this is one reason I pick ebay over Amazon or other retailers when I shop sometimes. This is basically a middle fingers to loyal customers SMH

Message 37 of 38
latest reply

Hi everyone,

Due to the age of this thread, it has been closed to further replies. Please feel free to start a new thread HERE if you wish to continue to discuss this topic.

Thank you for understanding.

Message 38 of 38
latest reply