Buying
Discover tried-and-true techniques for better bidding and buying on eBay from fellow experienced members.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum Posts

Dealing With Shill bidders

Went to bid on a couple of "vintage paintings" from a seller (not sure if I can link their accounts on here) and after I placed my starting bids, I ignored it for a few days and came back today to see the prices had skyrocketed. All the bidders were ...

User avatar by Adventurer
  • 7 replies
  • 1 helpful

Contacting ebay

I was about to order an item listed as being posted from the UK when I thought I might as well check the Sellers feedback, well thats what it is for. Anyway some of the feedback sugested the item was not posted from the UK but from Aisa, a whole diff...

Avoid this seller

Avoid this sellerMoney waster on him... He told me to close the return and he will refund my money back... But never heard of it... The item that I bought from him was over declared, The custom asking me to pay $180 for the tax... The item only cost ...

Seller required to honor a promotional offer in item description?

I purchased an item that had a buy one get one free offer attached to the item description. I went ahead and ordered 2 items expecting the second one to be refunded (I have both items in hand currently). However the seller is saying they made a mista...

Nonpayment Dispute: How serious is it against a buyer?

Ive looked high and low, and while theres lots of yada-yada, Nothing is clear, I really need specifics please -- (1) Is there a set rule as to how many days or how many invoices before a Seller can open a Nonpayment Dispute? After eBay's first invoic...

Resolved! 'Free Shipping' may not be

I've noticed this on several searches lately; it's usually the 'sponsored' sellers. If you go through the thumbnails on your search, they show up as free shipping. When you click on individual auctions/BINs, however, a shipping charge shows up, frequ...

Seller trying to back out of sale

I purchased an item and the seller is trying to back out of the transaction. The seller is a drop-ship-seller, with thousands of items listed, that he intends to have dfrop shipped from manufacturers or warehouses upon sale.I verified that the manufa...

User avatar by Thrill-Seeker
  • 5 replies
  • 0 helpful

PLEASE HELP IM SO CONFUSED

I don't know what happened! It was the final seconds of a bid, it had gotten down to one, and then suddenly glitched back up to two or three seconds and someone else outbid me by one dollar within those three glitched seconds! What happened?!

User avatar by Pathfinder
  • 7 replies
  • 0 helpful

Anyway to find out the buyer from an auction?

I missed out on an auction and I'd really like to get in touch with the buyer in hopes he'll put the item back on eBay for a profit, if this is not allowed please delete, but I was wondering if I had anyway of finding out the buyer and sending them a...

Square Trade

Has anyone tried to collect on a square trade warranty? I have purchased the warranty on a number of items, just recently had an occasion to contact square trade when the item stopped working. They would not accept the ebay invoice as proof of purcha...

Wrong seller email

I won an auction and paid for it, but the item status showed payment is pending. This totally confused me and I contacted the seller. Apparently, they changed their PayPal email a while ago and forgot to change it on eBay. They're being pretty nice a...

Most Marked as Helpful Authors